It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wisconsin Senate passes resolution calling for Democrats to be taken into police custody

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 06:57 AM
link   
reply to post by ThirdEyeofHorus

Seems something is amiss here.
Seems to me that they are doing exactly what they always have.

Line the pockets of their constituents (buy votes), take the money from the pockets of the voters that they can't buy off.

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 06:59 AM
link   
Since the liberal progressive mindset, by self definition occupies the moral high ground, then they will find reasons to justify whatever hypocracies they pursue - much like all the other isms,just another mind trap used to make idiots predictable and easily controllable.

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 07:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Daughter2

Just so you know, the rights of the people were not being infringed, while they protested. Under the first Amendment, they have the right for " peaceful protest".

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

Once a situation escalates to the point were ordinance is being found, regardless how it got there, it can be deemed no longer peaceful. The judge was well within the law of the Constitution.

EDIT TO POST: Also you keep claiming that the representatives that skipped town don't have to show up. On the contrary, I highly suggest you review the WI state Constitution:

Article VI section 8 :

Rules; contempts; expulsion. SECTION 8.
Each house may determine the rules of its own proceedings, punish for contempt and disorderly behavior, and with the concurrence of two− thirds of all the members elected, expel a member; but no member shall be expelled a second time for the same cause

Further, Article VI section 11 describes how " session " shall be convened.

Meeting of legislature. SECTION 11.
[As amended Nov. 1881 and April 1968] The legislature shall meet at the seat of government at such time as shall be provided by law, unless convened by the governor in special session, and when so convened no business shall be transacted except as shall be necessary to accomplish the special purposes for which it was convened.

By not showing up, they are in direct violation of both of these Sections. That's not including the breaches from the US Constitution as well.
By not showing up would be defined as disorderly behavior. A violation of this Section.

edit on 4-3-2011 by Whereweheaded because: (no reason given)

edit on 4-3-2011 by Whereweheaded because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 09:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by KOLTON
America is collapsing
Democracy is over.

Prepare for Oppression.

Our time of Greatness is over.

Wisconsin is setting up the dominoes.
edit on 3-3-2011 by KOLTON because: (no reason given)

Wow. Your comments make me weep for this website.

"Democracy is over"? Are you trolling?

Seriously people - the democrats are violating the law. They should be arrested. If they want, they can show up and vote "no"....either way they're doing their state a great disservice.
edit on 4-3-2011 by PrimePorkchop because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 09:42 AM
link   
reply to post by MindSpin

Would save time and money if they just kicked em out for good and brought in some new people who'll do their jobs. If I were an employer and some punks didn't show up, they're gone. Period.

Lets not make them martyrs and then have to pay for it all.

I bet the democraps have somehow paralyzed it so they can't just lay em off. So we end up with a inept government that's stonewalled and have to spend 100's of thousands to settle.

That's just like democrats too. Everyone has to foot the bill for their whining.

What a mixed bag of treats this is. It's like reach into the candy bag and pulling out dog sh**.
edit on 4-3-2011 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 09:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Southern Guardian

Never thought I would see the day when I agree with Southern Guardian

lol

Star for you

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 10:17 AM
link   
reply to post by MindSpin

Whats amusing and sad is that people like you so easily flip sides. If Republicans had all fled Washington DC to prevent a vote on the Healthcare bill last year, people like you would have flipped out saying they were breaking the law and obstructing govt. But because this happens to be about liberals precious unions, people pretend like they are freedom fighters.

In essence these Democrats are obstructing the work and will of the voters. If the minority parties in legislatures all across the US started doing this to prevent votes, you could see how big of problem this would create. Funny thing about politics, people flip flop all the time and show very little independent thought. Liberals filibuster Bush and Republicans flip out and call them obstructionists while Liberals defend this tactic. Republicans do it to Obama, and Liberals flip out and Republicans defend. This is the same sort of political crap causes many to treat politics like its a team sport........ supporting everything one side does and nothing the other side does. Politics is getting flat out absurd, and 'We The People' have no one to blame but ourselves

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 11:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by sonofliberty1776
They need to do their jobs and vote. Or they need to resign.

At what point does " job abandonment" kick in ?
------------------------------------------------------------------------
It looks like the plan for the fugitives in Illinois is to allow the 1,500 layoffs to occur and then sit back
and wait for the polling data.
Who is to blame for the layoffs? GOP or Fugitives/Dems?
I think Scott Rasmussen needs to wake up and conduct a poll about this.
edit on 4-3-2011 by Eurisko2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 12:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Eurisko2012

You want a poll? Here it is:

tpmdc.talkingpointsmemo.com...#

The majority doesn't agree with Walker.

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 12:18 PM
link   
reply to post by johnny2127

Whats amusing and sad is that people like you so easily flip sides. If Republicans had all fled Washington DC to prevent a vote on the Healthcare bill last year, people like you would have flipped out saying they were breaking the law and obstructing govt. But because this happens to be about liberals precious unions, people pretend like they are freedom fighters.

exactly

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 12:27 PM
link   
Damn! All this WI lawmaker wanted was a change of underwear!! Taken down by the police for nothing....

Wheres the love?

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 12:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Daughter2
reply to post by Eurisko2012

You want a poll? Here it is:

tpmdc.talkingpointsmemo.com...#

The majority doesn't agree with Walker.

Lets just wait for the layoffs. Conduct another poll to see who gets the blame.
We will go from there.
I predict the fugitives will be racing home soon.
They are probably running out of clean underwear.

edit on 4-3-2011 by Eurisko2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 12:35 PM
link   
A lot of you are saying, "get back to work crybabies". Did it ever occur to you that they are doing thier jobs. They see the unfairness of the governers (republicans) actions, they've heard the people, seen the protests. The house is republican majority i believe, so thier votes are useless. By leaving the state they are stalling the republican led bushwhackking on the american middle class. So in my opinion, they are doing thier job, which is hearing what we the people have to say about this bill, and trying to stop it from being signed into law. I wish the Ohio dems would've fled the state too, but they didn't. They submitted thier no votes on SB5 only to be outvoted by the republicans. Now I, a city worker, have to worry about when this will hit me. Public employees such as myself have been made out to be living high off the hog on taxpayers back by repubs and media. I'm here to tell ya, i live paycheck to paycheck just like everyone else. I pay $145 every 2 weeks into my pension and already pay $175 a month for heathcare coverage. So before you jump on the public employee bashing band wagon, do a little research first. In closing, I think the dems are stopping the bill the only way they can, by absenteeism.

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 12:37 PM
link   
To all of you tough talking - get tough on those little school teacher - types, who are shouting in business they would be fired......

No, no they wouldn't - I'll tell you why.

BECAUSE THEY ARE DOING WHAT THEY THINK THEIR BOSSES WANT THEM TO DO!!!

Their boss isn't Walker - sorry to break your view - but Walker isn't the King or the boss. He is one part of the process.

The answer to the people who voted them into office.

And just like ANY JOB, sometimes doing your job means to travel and not buy what someone is selling.

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 12:44 PM
link   
reply to post by imawlinn

In closing, I think the dems are stopping the bill the only way they can, by absenteeism.

What if they couldn't stop the bill through absenteeism? Would it be permissible in your eyes if they used another method to 'stop the bill the only way they can'?

edit on 4-3-2011 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 12:55 PM
link   
reply to post by butcherguy

Not sure what you mean..
You mean guns blazin, hostages taken? Then no, that wouldn't be permissable. But a peaceful walk out to show your complete distain for a bill that is setting american middle class back decades, in my eyes is.

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 12:55 PM
link   
If Democrats do this then Republicans, Libertarians and everyone else could also do it, and then what would be done? Nothing would pass and no agreements would ever be made.

Republicans didn't do this when Democrats pushed for the Obama healthcare bill, and maybe they should have done it so it wouldn't have become law. Is that what people want?
edit on 4-3-2011 by ElectricUniverse because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 12:58 PM
link   
reply to post by butcherguy

I know the question wasn't directed towards me but I'll answer it. Of course I believe they can not stop the bill by illegal means.

But illegal to me doesn't mean doing what Walker thinks they should do.

Start using that definition and any majority can claim the minority isn't doing their job. Who you talk to, the places you travel to, when and how you vote - shouldn't be decided by the people in charge.

It would be like having a statute for people which reads it's illegal to do something which offends the police.

If the voters wanted to make it illegal for reps to leave the State then they could have passed a law which stated this.

THIS IS THE ULTIMATE BIG GOVERNMENT.
LETTING ONE POLITICIAN TAKE USE PHYSICAL FORCE ON THE MINORITY!!!

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 01:03 PM
link   
The pro-Walker comments prove, beyond any doubt, the tea-parter, Koch backers, aren't interested in a less powerful government but rather tax breaks for the rich!

If people don't want (or didn't want) reps to be required to vote on every bill, they can pass a law which requires votes.

So let the voters decide - instead of some politician backed by billionaires.

So why not let the voters decide?

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 01:03 PM
link   
reply to post by gator1177

I can't believe they let the protesters spend the night and take over the capitol , that would have never happened here.

Makes me wonder.

new topics

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join