It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stop Posting The Same Thing Every 5 Minutes!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 01:26 PM
link   
This should definitely be considered a rant and moved there.. Couldn't figure out how though. But seriously! Why are there over 4 threads on Britain releasing there UFO files?????????????????? I saw it the first time! People need to look back and see if what they're posting has already been posted. The silly thing is, these new posts are spread out by only a handful of others! WHY? uRRRRR! This is so annoying! People keep rewording it to make it seem different but it's not! Eiy yai yaaai!

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 01:30 PM
link   
I will be re-posting your thread in 3 minutes.

Only kidding! I wonder if anyone bothers to search. I know it works, because I use it all the time.

ETA: did you hear that the UK released their UFO files?

edit on 3-3-2011 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 01:31 PM
link   
I sympathize

A good rule of thumb is if the article is a day old and is somewhat breaking, it PROBABLY has already been posted on ATS.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 01:33 PM
link   
reply to post by youthsavior

The premise of this thread...is a double, triple, quadruple...etc., post...try searching before you rant.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 01:34 PM
link   
reply to post by superman2012

This is specifically aimed at Britain releasing there UFO files!

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 01:36 PM
link   

I understand that..however, you are still doing the same thing you are freaking out about.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 01:57 PM
link   

I'm not freaking out nor am I still doing it!

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 02:02 PM
link   
Actually. It should have been posted in board business. I know it gets crazy, but we only have a handful of mods, and they're doing the best they can.

I think its time for SO or Springer or Crakeur, etc. to address the issue.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Did you hear that Britain just released their UFO files?

*ducks and runs away*

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 02:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

No no no! Come back! I didn't hear you the first time!

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Oh, I asked if you heard that Britain had released their UFO files....

Seriously though, I believe I hit the duplicates. Wasn't just this topic either...lots of Russian Cat UFO ones, and Missing Rendlesham Papers ones as well.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 03:14 PM
link   
A search will work up to a point, but not always. Some mods may allow a similar thread to run parallel for whatever reason, maybe a different slant on the topic. I am starting to realise that the best option, if you start a thread related to an outside source, is to search on the exact same heading, rather than just a keyword. Anyway ATS is a big site with different time zones, so repetition is not necessarily a bad thing, with people cued in.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 03:47 PM
link   
reply to post by smurfy

If it's a completely different angle, then absolutely, it should stay. But, in the OP's example, it was simply numerous people making the same announcement.

A search wasn't even necessary...ALL of those dupes were on the FRONT PAGE of that Forum! A quick glance would have sufficed, so I do see his frustration.

I, myself, have had threads I or other mods have closed, that were dupes, even if I was first to post. The reason? Another thread may have more replies. Personally, I'd rather keep the more numerous posts' thread going than satisfy my own ego (as better for the membership to keep discussion on the longer thread)...

Occasionally, I'll have to do the same for other members, though I will give them an Applause as somewhat of a compensation for it.
edit on 3-3-2011 by Gazrok because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 05:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

I agree with that. By a different slant though, I did actually mean it for someone who started a thread, not knowing, (and presuming that they had done a search) that the same subject matter was already in discussion. Otherwise it would be best to contribute to an existing thread if noticed. Thanks for the info.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 10:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by youthsavior

I'm not freaking out nor am I still doing it!

Can I use that for my new signature?

top topics

join