It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WE Can Get Gas Back Down To $1.30 PER GALLON!!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 01:25 PM
link   
There's a great e-mail floating around, here's the gist of it for the lengthy reading impaired;

Here's the idea: For the rest of this year, DON'T purchase ANY gasoline from the two biggest companies (which now are one), EXXON and MOBIL.

THIS IS NOT THE 'DON'T BUY' GAS FOR ONE DAY, BUT IT WILL SHOW YOU HOW WE CAN GET GAS BACK DOWN TO $1.30 PER GALLON.

This was sent by a retired Coca Cola executive. It came from one of his engineer buddies who retired from Halliburton. If you are tired of the gas prices going up AND they will continue to rise this summer, take time to read this please.

Phillip Hollsworth offered this good idea.
This makes MUCH MORE SENSE than the "don't buy gas on a certain day" campaign that was going around last April or May!
It's worth your consideration. Join the resistance!!!!

I hear we are going to hit close to $ 4.00 a gallon by next summer and it might go higher!! Want gasoline prices to come down?

We need to take some intelligent, united action.
The oil companies just laughed at that because they knew we wouldn't continue to "hurt" ourselves by refusing to buy gas .

It was more of an inconvenience to us than it was a problem for them.
BUT, whoever thought of this idea, has come up with a plan that can Really work. Please read on and join with us!

By now you're probably thinking gasoline priced at about $2.00 is super cheap. Me too! It is currently $3.08 at Arco and Costco for regular unleaded in Salem , Oregon and climbing every week.

Now that the oil companies and the OPEC nations have conditioned us to think that the cost of a gallon of gas is CHEAP at $1.50 - $1.75, we need to take aggressive action to teach them that BUYERS control the marketplace..not sellers.

With the price of gasoline going up more each day, we consumers need to take action.

The only way we are going to see the price of gas come down is if we hit someone in the pocketbook by not purchasing their gas! And, we can do that WITHOUT hurting ourselves.

How? Since we all rely on our cars, we can't just stop buying gas.

But we CAN have an impact on gas prices if we all act together to force a price war.

Here's the idea: For the rest of this year, DON'T purchase ANY gasoline from the two biggest companies (which now are one), EXXON and MOBIL.

If they are not selling any gas, they will be inclined to reduce their prices. If they reduce their prices, the other companies will have to follow suit.

But to have an impact, we need to reach literally millions of Exxon and Mobil gas buyers. It's really simple to do! Now, don't wimp out on me at this point...keep reading and I'll explain how simple it is to reach millions of people!!

Acting together we can make a difference.

If this makes sense to you, please pass this message on. I suggest that we not buy from EXXON/MOBIL UNTIL THEY LOWER THEIR PRICES TO THE $2.00 RANGE AND KEEP THEM DOWN. THIS CAN REALLY WORK.

I'm in.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 01:31 PM
link   
How do we know this wasn't put out there by a competing oil corporation? I like the concept but at the same time, the other few big oil corps are going to have a massive increase in profit, then they'll all merge together eventually so does it really matter anymore?

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 01:39 PM
link   
It is worth a try. I will stop buying from those two effective today. Let's at least try people.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 01:43 PM
link   
You don't know how lucky you are in the US with such cheap petrol (gas)

We pay more in taxes alone than you do in total.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 01:46 PM
link   
The price is refined fuel is driven by the price of crude oil. The price of crude oil is based on futures, I believe they look 90 days out??
Not buying from one company will in the short gain hurt the individual gas station owner. The major gas companies will feel little to no effect from the average consumer/driver not buying from them.

We are worked into a corner by Govt.
Want to decrease the price of fuel, allow drilling in the US. This will create a larger supply, thus driving down futures, thus shrinking the refined fuel price.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 01:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by JibbyJedi
How do we know this wasn't put out there by a competing oil corporation? I like the concept but at the same time, the other few big oil corps are going to have a massive increase in profit, then they'll all merge together eventually so does it really matter anymore?

I do appreciate the sceptic's mind
but then I start to think we're more of a danger to ourselves. I look at this more like the head of the snake in this instance, the recent events have proven to me that enough people in the right direction is truley unstoppable by TPTB.

We need to mass...why not start here? It's simple enough to do & E-Z to pass along (those of you on facebook & twitter).

After this we'll work on the IRS & the Fed.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Essan

Essan

YOU ARE SO CORRECT....... the fragile balances in the Middle East EXPOSE the western economies so much that it is almost comical......

Libya accounts for 2% of global oil output and so that can be absorbed by other nations (ie- Saudi Arabia) but then if instability was to affect Algeria for example or A.N.other state then you can DOUBLE your $1.30 regardless where you shop in America..

Get used to it people.... The Good OLE days of the late 90's and noughties are OVER and we need to get real about our societies...

Good Luck

PDUK

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 01:56 PM
link   
I hope it gets so expensive that people don't have a choice but to find alternative sources of energy. Also, it's a limited resource, it's not like it'll ever be get much cheaper.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 01:57 PM
link   
reply to post by 5 oClock

I can see this happening: Everyone stops buying Exxon/Mobile gas for the first month then Exxon/Mobile lowers their price to $0.05 lower then other stations because they see this happening. People see this lower price of $0.05 per gallon over other gas stations then start going back to Exxon/Mobile because they are the cheapest around and think they are saving lots of money. Exxon/Mobile then makes a ton of money with the rush of customers so they then slowly rise their prices back up $0.01 at a time each week until they right back at the oriinal price they were at a month ago.

Result: Exxon/Mobile gets a rush of money in a 30 day period and the consumer "thinks" they won by getting gas to drop for a month.

Cat n Mouse game resumes through out the summer.

Just a thought.
Bzzzzzzz

link   

Originally posted by Essan

Essan, I'm sure you've seen 1 of the many threads on ATS to the effect of Americans are to comfortable to rock the "boat". We've all got our own problems on this earth, the grass is always greener.

I'd just love to see We the People Mass for 1 thing just to start this ball rolling! Why not this? Then we can feel empowered & take it from there.

link   

It would also help if congress put some limitations on Speculators who surreptitiously jack up the price of
oil every time the wind blows a new direction. Talk about a threat to national security, those guys are the worst.

S&F

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 02:04 PM
link   
reply to post by BuzzingOn

Your probably right. It takes discipline people!!

Or once the price drops -$.05, they all try to keep in line -$, so keep the pressure on em.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 02:06 PM
link   
This is interesting. Ive studied into oil engineering! The highest priced gasoline ive seen around me is SHELL. its like almost 10 cents more a gallon! but that is attrubuted, to thier detergents.87 and 89 have twice the minimum EPA of detergency, while 93 has 5 times the amount. that is why higher octanes cots more, more detergency to help keep things clean. Next too shell, mobil holds the 2nd most strongest additive, then Chevron.
if this works, that owuld include NOT buying mobil oil. For over a decade, people have been duped by obils commmercials...use mobil 1 synthetic, it will last 100,000 miles, things like that. in reality thats not how it works. oil changes should be done in 3,000 miles or 3 months. thats a complete waste and money per quart of synthetic poeple got duped into using for sucha short amount of time,t hinking ti was good. it cleans the engine really good, mobil 1, but it also failed the bearing tests each and every time the oil was tested.
according to this article, it seems most people are still using mobil gas. imagine those still using mobil 1 jsut becuae they think its the best thing to buy oer short periods of time, thats alot of bull* money raked in!

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 02:13 PM
link   

5 oClock

A more EFFECTIVE protest would be to STOP buying fuel for a week as a nation and start to upset the checks and balances that exsist.....

By purchasing petrol / Gas from selected suppliers just alters the flow of money and has NO overall effect on the market as a whole ..
regards

PDUK

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 02:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Cocasinpry

I hope it gets so expensive that people don't have a choice but to find alternative sources of energy. Also, it's a limited resource, it's not like it'll ever be get much cheaper.

GOOD I hope you are supporting CLEAN, CHEAP Thorium Nuclear power plants.

Exxon Mobil is the direct descendant of John D. Rockefeller's Standard Oil company. The Elite like the Rockefeller control us and charge huge prices for oil and scare us into poverty with things like "Peak Oil" and the "population explosion"

Energy is a prime requirement for civilization. Anywhere from animal muscle power to oil we depend on energy. We have had the solution for PEAK oil since the 1950's!

If you do a bit of poking around you find the Rockefellers aka Standard oil, funded a lot of the research on the medical problems from radiation poisoning. Also SOMEONE funded all those nuclear protesters here in the USA A Want Ad I saw in the 1985 Boston Globe said "Nuclear Protesters $10/hour"

The result: Everyone is scared to death of Nuclear especially the long term storage problems.

Again do a bit of poking around we find:

In the 1950s and 1960s, U.S. scientists ignored thorium, and went with uranium because uranium produces plutonium the key ingredient in nuclear bombs. Link

The Basics
.... This thorium fuel cycle carries with it a number of important natural properties some of which contrast sharply with the uranium fuel cycle:

-At no point in the thorium cycle – from mining to waste – can fuel or waste products be used as bomb material in any way;

-The thorium fuel cycle is inherently incapable of causing a meltdown according to the laws of physics; in nuclear reactor parlance, the fuel is said to contain passive safety features;

-Thorium-based fuels do not require conversion or enrichment – two essential phases of the uranium fuel cycle that are exceedingly expensive, and create proliferation risk;

-Thorium fuel cycle waste material consists mostly of 233-uranium, which can be recycled as fuel (with minor actinide content decreased 90-100%, and with plutonium content eliminated entirely);
-Thorium-based fuels are significantly energy efficient;

-Thorium fuel cycle waste material is radiotoxic for tens of years, as opposed to the thousands of years with today’s standard radioactive waste;

-Thorium fuel designs exist today that can be used in all existing nuclear reactors;

-Thorium exists in greater abundance and higher concentrations than uranium making it much less expensive and environmentally-unobtrusive to mine;

These facts have many serious implications for the efficiency and security of energy delivery in the United States, and the world. SOURCE

A Chronology of Nuclear History

Reintroducing Thorium: Chem & Eng News

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 02:32 PM
link   
Wow! I like to gain a little knowledge as much as the next guy but damn, TPTB have really divided & conquered us to the point that We the People will never come together on anything.

I'll try again;

Here's the idea: For the rest of this year, DON'T purchase ANY gasoline from the two biggest companies (which now are one), EXXON and MOBIL. (see OP)

I am in.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 02:36 PM
link   

5 O Clock

I fill my car up twice a week at a Shell Petrol station in Derby, Uk and have done for the past 2 years............ I can honestly say that I do not go any where else becasue this garage CONSISTENTLY is the cheapest in the area........so based on a cost price average then I always go there.......... (£120 per Week currently and that's Diesel as well !!)

I will therefore be ''Doing as YOU ask''.............as I have been doing for the past two years.........

I still think thought that until WE all decrease our DEPENDANCY upon fuel then nothing really will change........

PDUK
edit on 3-3-2011 by PurpleDog UK because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by 5 oClock
There's a great e-mail floating around, here's the gist of it for the lengthy reading impaired;

THIS IS NOT THE 'DON'T BUY' GAS FOR ONE DAY, BUT IT WILL SHOW YOU HOW WE CAN GET GAS BACK DOWN TO $1.30 PER GALLON.

This was sent by a retired Coca Cola executive. It came from one of his engineer buddies who retired from Halliburton. If you are tired of the gas prices going up AND they will continue to rise this summer, take time to read this please.

Phillip Hollsworth offered this good idea.
This makes MUCH MORE SENSE than the "don't buy gas on a certain day" campaign that was going around last April or May!
It's worth your consideration. Join the resistance!!!!

I hear we are going to hit close to $ 4.00 a gallon by next summer and it might go higher!! Want gasoline prices to come down?

We need to take some intelligent, united action.
The oil companies just laughed at that because they knew we wouldn't continue to "hurt" ourselves by refusing to buy gas .

It was more of an inconvenience to us than it was a problem for them.
BUT, whoever thought of this idea, has come up with a plan that can Really work. Please read on and join with us!

By now you're probably thinking gasoline priced at about $2.00 is super cheap. Me too! It is currently $3.08 at Arco and Costco for regular unleaded in Salem , Oregon and climbing every week.

Now that the oil companies and the OPEC nations have conditioned us to think that the cost of a gallon of gas is CHEAP at $1.50 - $1.75, we need to take aggressive action to teach them that BUYERS control the marketplace..not sellers.

With the price of gasoline going up more each day, we consumers need to take action.

The only way we are going to see the price of gas come down is if we hit someone in the pocketbook by not purchasing their gas! And, we can do that WITHOUT hurting ourselves.

How? Since we all rely on our cars, we can't just stop buying gas.

But we CAN have an impact on gas prices if we all act together to force a price war.

If they are not selling any gas, they will be inclined to reduce their prices. If they reduce their prices, the other companies will have to follow suit.

But to have an impact, we need to reach literally millions of Exxon and Mobil gas buyers. It's really simple to do! Now, don't wimp out on me at this point...keep reading and I'll explain how simple it is to reach millions of people!!

Acting together we can make a difference.

If this makes sense to you, please pass this message on. I suggest that we not buy from EXXON/MOBIL UNTIL THEY LOWER THEIR PRICES TO THE $2.00 RANGE AND KEEP THEM DOWN. THIS CAN REALLY WORK.

I'm in.

This can only work in a small country .. where the population can be united and informed at once .. like say iceland .. where everyone pretty much knows each other ..

The US is too big .. with too many stupid people also .. people who are too comfortable with their counches and potato chicps to do anything ... u know once those chips and pizza/beer run out ... they HAVE to DRIVE to the store at ANY cost ... lazy bastardos ..

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 06:04 PM
link   
ATS A.D.D

Squirrel !!

At least the biker forum gets it. www.bikerornot.com... %3A%22loginStatus%22%2C%22sr%22%3A2%2C%22h%22%3A%22loginServer%22%2C%22sid%22%3A%220.396%22%2C%22t%22%3A0%7D%5B0%2C%22loginStatus%22%2C%22InitLogin%22 %2C%7B%22baseDomain%22%3A%22www.bikerornot.com%22%2C%22connectState%22%3A2%2C%22perms%22%3Anull%2C%22publicSessionData%22%3Anull%2C%22session%22%3Anul l%2C%22settings%22%3A%7B%22inFacebook%22%3Afalse%2C%22locale%22%3A%22en_US%22%7D%2C%22https%22%3Afalse%7D%2Cfalse%5D

Exxon record profits 2011
www.guardian.co.uk...
www.nytimes.com...

Originally posted by 5 oClock
Wow! I like to gain a little knowledge as much as the next guy but damn, TPTB have really divided & conquered us to the point that We the People will never come together on anything.

I'll try again;

Here's the idea: For the rest of this year, DON'T purchase ANY gasoline from the two biggest companies (which now are one), EXXON and MOBIL. (see OP)

I am in.

edit on 3-3-2011 by 5 oClock because: (no reason given)

edit on 3-3-2011 by 5 oClock because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 07:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by ziggy1706
This is interesting. Ive studied into oil engineering! The highest priced gasoline ive seen around me is SHELL. its like almost 10 cents more a gallon! but that is attrubuted, to thier detergents.87 and 89 have twice the minimum EPA of detergency, while 93 has 5 times the amount. that is why higher octanes cots more, more detergency to help keep things clean. Next too shell, mobil holds the 2nd most strongest additive, then Chevron.
if this works, that owuld include NOT buying mobil oil. For over a decade, people have been duped by obils commmercials...use mobil 1 synthetic, it will last 100,000 miles, things like that. in reality thats not how it works. oil changes should be done in 3,000 miles or 3 months. thats a complete waste and money per quart of synthetic poeple got duped into using for sucha short amount of time,t hinking ti was good. it cleans the engine really good, mobil 1, but it also failed the bearing tests each and every time the oil was tested.
according to this article, it seems most people are still using mobil gas. imagine those still using mobil 1 jsut becuae they think its the best thing to buy oer short periods of time, thats alot of bull* money raked in!

Oil changes every 3000 miles??? my last car, a Vel Satis needed oil services at 18000 miles or two years.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join