It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ministry of defence releases thousands of secret ufo documents

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 01:12 PM
link   

ministry of defence releases thousands of secret ufo documents

ufos.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Previously classified documents reveal the UFO phenomenon was discussed at the highest level of government worldwide.

In December 1977, the Government used its influence to talk down a call by Grenada president Sir Eric Gairy for a UN agency to conduct research into alien sightings.

About a year later, the House of Lords held a debate on the subject of UFOs, the files show.

One of the documents describes a "War of the Worlds" incident in 1967 that was treated as a potentially real alien invasion of the UK.

The RAF was flooded with calls from the public reporting six small "flyin
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
uk.news.yahoo.com
www.dailymail.co.uk

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 01:12 PM
link   
Find a Job Dating Wine Our Papers Feedback My Stories
Thursday, Mar 03 2011 6PM 1°C 9PM -1°C 5-Day Forecast
Decade of the UFO: Secret files show alien sightings, including an object that buzzed a Lancaster bomber, have tailed off since their heyday in the 1970s

By Tamara Cohen and Nick Mcdermott
Last updated at 11:38 AM on 3rd March 2011

* Comments (95)
* Add to My Stories

The West was still in the grip of the Cold War.

But rather than scanning the skies for Soviet nuclear missiles, it seems, the British had their eye on a different menace.

Secret documents released yesterday show that the 1970s were the heyday of UFO spotting, with hundreds of people peering skywards for evidence of extraterrestrial life, though the below 2004 picture of multi-coloured lights in the sky suggest some alien enthusiasts still believe the truth is out there.

Read more: www.dailymail.co.uk...

i did a search and couldnt find anything but if it has already been reported mods please move it,thanks,
havent had a chance to look through the files yet but thought alot of the guys on ats will love this!

ufos.nationalarchives.gov.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 01:20 PM
link   
This must be about the 10th thread post I've seen about this.

join