It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fox News Lies About "Violent Wisconsin Protests"

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 07:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blaine91555
You want a real lie? Obama just called the Tea Party Members "Racists" again. The campaign has started and I'm dreading the flood of Obama Groupies propaganda we will have to endure again. At least the Right lies with class and dignity....

Pure class.......

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/783707d158de.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/328e7aa735f0.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/058e1d6eba45.jpg[/atsimg]

You were saying?

The clip in OP is BLATANT evidence of FOX intentionally misleading the audience to believe that the peaceful protestors in WI were violent. They've been busted MANY times doing EXACT SAME THING. Sorry Blaine but to defend that or imply that the "Right" stands for class and dignity is in a word...apalling . A myopic, wholesale, untrue mischaracterization. :shk:

edit on 3-3-2011 by kinda kurious because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 07:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by xavi1000
reply to post by MrXYZ

It's not the point who fake news more ...the point is that journalists betrayed us normal citizens ..and the constitution is protecting them in 1st amendment ....objective and real journalism is dead ,especially in big media ...thanks God for internet.

A very interesting and telling statement, which just made me realize something even more clearly: freedom of the press, the first amendment, and an informed citizenry are integral to democracy. Without knowledge, without education, without as much transparency, a prosperous nation is doomed to become slaves and the citizens become zombies.

objective and real journalism is dead ,especially in big media

Alas...

This is the main reason i decided to pursue journalism: there needs to be a reaffirmation of integrity and ethics in journalism (which Fox clearly neither has nor wants), and since the news outlets are corporate owned, controlled and operated to fulfill their own political agendas, what better way to maintain control than to blatantly lie to the ignorant masses who watch and to control and manipulate said agenda through the media and to pit left against right and vice versa. They are using our own necessities against us.

If freedom of the press is integral to (a nation's) prosperity through informing the masses, what better way than to manipulate journalism to inform the masses of one's agenda.

Obvious, as most of us know, controlling the flow of information, and the information itself, makes journalism an accomplice in the larger goals of those in power, which is to not properly educate the citizens. Therefore, they have found a way for journalism to work against its intent, against the concerns of the people, as use it as the powerhouse it is for their own agendas.

It's a force unto itself at control, rather than freedom and education. This makes me sad.

Control the media, control the populace (as most are too ignorant to look further than what they are fed). Hitler would be proud.

As we all well know (and not that there is anything new in this post of mine), but something just clicked when i read the quoted post: that they have found a way to use one of our fundamental rights for their own interests, and against us.

(Mass) Journalism MUST have integrity, for the sake of us all.

We must demand it. Somehow.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 07:57 PM
link   
Just to add elucidation to OP.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/e9735b806dc3.jpg[/atsimg]

Nice job xavi1000. S & F

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 08:05 PM
link   
reply to post by kinda kurious

You are not getting it yet. Ok, put the needle down and listen. This was a larger piece done on the violence with some protestors. They did not say they were showing you violence in Madison. If you want to sit around and jerk each other off because it makes you feel better, fine. However, the truth is much different.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 08:11 PM
link   

Those signs are obviously not representative of the larger movement. Just like I am sure you would agree that the ignorant, hateful, and violent signs were at the union protests here in Madison were not a true representation. Pictures of a guy jerking off being held up next to a small child for starters. I am on my mobile right now, otherwise I would post those. You know there are nut jobs on both sides though, don't you?

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 08:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dwigt

You are not getting it yet. Ok, put the needle down and listen. This was a larger piece done on the violence with some protestors. They did not say they were showing you violence in Madison. If you want to sit around and jerk each other off because it makes you feel better, fine. However, the truth is much different.

FOR SAKE OF CLARITY:

Host Bill O’Reilly touted a coming report on “increasing pro-union violence” and “Violence escalating in the union controversy” and brought on correspondent Mike Tobin at the State Capitol in Madison.

Film footage from the State Capitol bore the label “Madison”, with time and date, while the palm tree clip was described as “Union Protests.”

At the end of the segment, post-palm trees, O’Reilly asked Tobin: “The governor, does he have control over the State Capitol now?”

SOURCE

I agree that CONTEXT is king. The reporter in the SPLIT SCREEN is in the Capitol in Madison, WI and FOX is showing "B Roll" minus "File Footage" or "Locator" super text from violent protests NOT in WI. I believe it is you sir who is missing this important FACT. But nice try! I know how Broadcast TV works from experience my friend.

edit on 3-3-2011 by kinda kurious because: added additional quotes from article

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 08:33 PM
link   

I'm not impressed. I'm old enough to remember the Democrats voting AGAINST the Equal Rights Amendment and the Republicans voting for it.

There are Racists in all groups and in both Parties and to pretend that is not true is a lie. In fact when I was young the Deep South Democrats and the KKK shared the same members and leaders.

The truth here is that they divide us with this stuff to control us. The Left / Right issue is a fabrication and always has been. There are good people and there are bad people. There are truth tellers and there are liars. When either side spins the truth or lies, they are just liars and any leader that encourages it is a bad person.

I'm not a Democrat and I'm not a Republican for that reason. I view Bush and Obama with equal disdain. I know that maddens people from both sides because both side try to pretend I'm a member of the other side when they engage in their adolescent debates.

You could just as easily post pictures of the hate speech on signs at Progressive Protests and you know it. The fact you know it make's the dishonesty even worse. That people care so little about their country they are willing to lie and manipulate to get their way sickens me and I'm no longer silent. If this was the radical Right here doing the same thing, I'd be posting the same message.

Stop letting them divide and conquer us! Wake up! Your being used and they will throw you under the bus when they don't need you. Stop being willing pawns for a Political Party who's leaders could give a crap less about you and I'm talking about both Parties here.

To call all Tea Party people Racist's is sick and extreme. They are not even a Party and I know some of them who are good decent people. Stop lying about them to get votes. It's evil and it sucks. The Race Card has been played out to the limit. Knock it off already. This spin is what has allowed them to fool us for so long.

When the Republicans had complete control they did nothing. When the Democrats had complete control of all three Branches of Government, they could have done anything they wanted but they did nothing but dig a deeper grave and now they have the nerve to call others names!!!!!!!!!!! Incredible!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The truth is both sides are willing to lie or spin to get votes and their members can't tell the difference between an election that determines their child's futures and a Football Game. Half those who do bother to vote don't know anything about who they are voting for. They just pick a Team and do as their told.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 08:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Blaine91555

Fair enough. You and I go back a long way and I respect you. You've cut me slack in the past when I was mistaken. I think the comment about about the Right having more class and dignity hit my button even though you said "when they lie."

You are right about divide and conquer and I agree. "He who angers you, conquers you." - Elizabeth Kenny.

I have no beef with you.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 08:41 PM
link   

Well I suppose if you need that much help. For crying out loud, you guys were so happy to point out palm trees when all the trees are green with foliage. Come on, it is winter here, we don't have green leaves this time of year. It was not meant to fool anyone, it was larger story, which your Source even pointed out.

There truly is no hope for our society.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 08:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Dwigt

I'll accept that as your concession. FOX LIES. Thanks.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 08:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Blaine91555

Yes, thank you! This vilifying every little move one side makes is just sickening. We as a people are truly lost if we cannot stop this constant bickering. Threads like this do nothing but to perpetuate the hate and ignorance.

Spreading the disease.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 08:49 PM
link   
I don't believe people are here trying to defend Fox News on this one.

Poor delusional idiots.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 08:51 PM
link   

You kinda missed my point. I could care less if you think fox lies. You know that they all twist the news to reach their audience. It is very ignorant to think that fox news is any different than your liberal news sources out there. Have you even watched MSNBC?

Oh, and the show your talking about is an opinion show, not the news.

I have to stop opening threads like this.

edit on 3-3-2011 by Dwigt because: On an iPad

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 09:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dwigt

You kinda missed my point. I could care less if you think fox lies.

As a friendly reminder, the TITLE of this thread is: Fox News Lies About "Violent Wisconsin Protests" I'm merely supporting that premise ON TOPIC. The only legitimate counter argument is that Fox News Didn't Lie. Anything else without proof is merely lip service.

I have to stop opening threads like this.
On that we can agree.

If you can't take the heat, stay out of the kitchen.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 09:42 PM
link   
reply to post by xavi1000

To be honest I'd like to see angry crowds.. cutting school spending? That's ridiculous.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 10:04 PM
link   
Just another FACT:

Is the O'Reilly Factor on Fox News Channel live? If not, why isn't it?

Factor Producers reply:
Most nights, the Factor is taped in advance in our New York studio, usually between 5 and 7pm EST....

O'REILLY FACTOR Q&A

Most shows are pre-recorded "live to tape" with B- Roll or supplemental footage packages pre-produced (typically on a loop) and rolled in "on-the-fly." Inasmuch as there are time constraints to meet broadcast deadline, should any glaring mistakes, flubs or miscues occur there IS an opportunity for these to be corrected or "tightened" via editing before air.

To reinforce these are not some casual happenstance glitches that occur as a result of LIVE TV. Just wanted to EMPHASIZE that point. Thanks.

Many other FOX News Programs are,in fact, LIVE but not this sorry excuse for infotainment.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 10:58 PM
link   
Context!
Does that mean the Union Thug is also fake?

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 11:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blackmarketeer
It's disgusting people still regard Fox as a news network, everything they broadcast has to be run through a BS meter just to see if it's true or not - and with Fox, most of the time it's lies, lies, and more lies.

O'Reilly lies border on the pathological, it's like he knows these lies are apparent, yet continues telling them. He either just doesn't care anymore, or thinks Americans are too stupid to realize they are lies (and too lazy to fact check anything), or he's getting paid a whole pile of cash to continue spinning these lies for his puppet masters.

Heh I think the same thing about CNN, MSNBC, and Media Matters.
I think the truth is that all media outlets are biased, some more then others...
I can't watch CNN for more then 5 minutes without changing the channel, the bs they spew on there makes my blood boil. It's like they don't understand logic. Especially that Ed Show. Hate that show.

But back to the topic- I don't think fox lied.
They showed the wrong clip-probably due to time constraints, or human error.
There were plenty of accurate clips of violent protests, and blatantly rude protesters.
Why does it matter if one out of the hundreds of clips is wrong?

edit on 4-3-2011 by freedish because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 12:30 AM
link   
Fox News L i e s , End of Story!

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 01:18 AM
link   
Fox photo-shopped over lots protest signs when they did actually air real footage. They tried to make it look like they were manufactured (very few by percentage of the actual signs were anything other than hand made) and pro union.

They also kept trying to find angles for 'live' shots that either minimized or didn't show the crowds at all. An interesting exception to this is the almost private tea party parade they nearly drooled all over

The protests were not violent here. We had 'marshals' (protesters that volunteered) whom would stop anyone from getting violent , they even circulated and posted guides on how to not let provocateurs agitate you or someone else. The most violent things that happened were one kid trying to rush the assembly chamber(arrested) when the bill was being shoveled through the congress, and one Mexican woman (cited)whom did not speak any English whom spit on a little girl because she mistakenly thought the kid and her family were Walker supporters.

One guy did get cited for disorderly conducted because he unplugged the extension cords going to FOX's news equipment(lights mostly)...that's pretty violent right?

And for anyone's information the reason Walker has to use the DOJ guys to act as guards, a large number of off duty police and sheriff's deputies were plain clothes and protesting right along side of the teachers, the Dane county Sheriff said, "I will not have my deputies acting as palace guards".

It's a bit tough to get violence when you would have police fighting police, and lots of law enforcement on the side of the protesters.

But as Colbert said , all that polite civil protest just doesn't make good reactionary TV.

edit on 4-3-2011 by Silverlok because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join