It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

When is the last time you saw the Sun?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 12:24 PM
link   
I know its going to sound crazy but when is the last time you saw the Sun? Not saw sunlight but actually saw the Sun in the distance. A proper Sunset perhaps? I only ask this because when I saw the 2 suns thing I thought this should be visible by everyone but then again I can't remember the last time I (clearly) saw the sun. Today its muggy and cloudy out.
I searched for sunset on youtube and could only find one recent upload of this. When I type in "2 suns" I see about 5.
Anyway I leave you with this video...about a place where the Sun is just a fabrication in the mind.

edit on 3-3-2011 by packinupngoin because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 12:26 PM
link   
The last time I went outside. It was a bright circle. All is normal.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 12:28 PM
link   
I'm not going outside.

nope..................

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 12:29 PM
link   
a few minutes ago, i can't now because it now set over the horizon but i'm not worried as i'll see it again in a few hours.

link   
reply to post by Jefferton

Same here. And, as it turns out, the two of us are looking at the sun from nearly the same vantage point.
I just went and looked at the sun. Okay, not "just"...it took a few minutes for my eyes to recover, and there's still a couple spots on my laptop screen, but it's all good. It's up there. And there's only one.

link   
2 days ago. It comes through my living room window from sunrise, and moves to my dining room window for sunset, so I can see it all day long. Yesterday and today have been cloudy and snowing.

I wish there was 2 suns, we're in a deep freeze up here in the Cdn prairies.

Sadly, there's only one sun, and it isn't warming up a thing up here

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 12:30 PM
link   
This morning and right before I replied to this just because your question prompted me to look.

What does that video have to do with when I last saw the sun? Looks like a good movie but the sun is out, shining very bright, where I am now.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 12:33 PM
link   
reply to post by snowspirit

Yup, I saw it 5 seconds ago and like you said, it just is not doing it's job.

link   

Originally posted by CoherentlyConfused
This morning and right before I replied to this just because your question prompted me to look.

What does that video have to do with when I last saw the sun? Looks like a good movie but the sun is out, shining very bright, where I am now.

You would have have to have seen the movie to know why I posted it...
Anyway good to know there is just one Sun. Still wondering why I am not able to see it so well here...I'm in Chi, IL ... Also still looking into that 2nd Sun thing.

link   
I look at the sun every single day. I even have a nice tan started!

I see the Sun rise in the mornings as I walk my dogs, and I see the Sun set as I put all the critters to bed at night; it has been incredibly bright and I get a deep sense that the Sun is "looking out for us" in more ways than we can imagine. I will be extremely sad to see it turn off for three days but when it turns back on I am looking forward to meeting the "New" Sun.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 12:36 PM
link   
that was a rather silly question huh?
i actually saw the sunset aswell about an hour ago.. although i do get what you mean, the sun does seem to be behind cloud cover more these days than it was a few years ago..

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 12:39 PM
link   
reply to post by CLPrime

I am still laughing, good job.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 12:39 PM
link   
I haven't seen the sun lately. It was shining bright a few days ago but I was too sick to go outside. The forecast is rain and snow for the next week. I can't wait until it warms up so I can go hiking again.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 12:47 PM
link   
reply to post by packinupngoin

When was the last time you saw your friends and family?

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 12:50 PM
link   
reply to post by packinupngoin

Today....

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 12:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Kram09

This is a great thread, the responses are just awesome.

(Not making fun of the OP btw, just enjoying the responses.)

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 12:53 PM
link   
I just had to close my blinds because it was shining too bright on my compuer screen.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jefferton
reply to post by Kram09

This is a great thread, the responses are just awesome.

(Not making fun of the OP btw, just enjoying the responses.)

Not a big deal. Just something to pass the time...besides I was just curious.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 12:58 PM
link   
I am looking at it right now, shocking because I live in Seattle. But I assure it is there and has no twin next to it...today.

I am curious though what is the conspiracy theory about the sun not being there?

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 01:01 PM
link   
I haven't seen the Sun in weeks but that's because whenever it shines into the house and I can't see the tv or laptop to do my music or browse ATS I have to close the curtains. Otherwise it's either grey skies, sun-less blue days or night.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join