It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Moderator Appreciation Day!

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 02:39 PM
link   
reply to post by rogerstigers

look closely

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 02:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Crakeur

DOH!

No wait.. did you edit that in?!??

Double DOH!

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 02:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

From the viewpoint of an ordinary member (such as myself), the moderators come across as being either 'nice' or 'nasty', depending on ones experience with them.

I think it would be beneficial if the some of the mods took some time off from policing threads. I often wonder what enjoyment they get from it?

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 03:04 PM
link   
I personally would like to thank

Ahabstar
Argentus
Asala
Crakeur
Djarums
Gazrok
maria_stardust
neformore
ProjectVXN
Sauron
Skeptic Overlord
yeahright

and all the other mods for not banning me and for doing a thankless job for no money.

Ahabstar gets bold because of his constant care taking of the chat room Asala because... well.. she's is amazing in every way and Djarums because he is super cool

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 03:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Silver Star

It's a good question. Personally, I go looking more for threads to Applaud, than police. I police as I encounter things, and always try to do so politely, and from the standpoint of "does this help the members?". I also try to put myself in the member's shoes, and think how I'd react to an action, and what I would want to see done if I was the offending member.

Now, we aren't perfect, but we certainly strive to make the site a better place. The good thing is, if one disagrees, there are several tools available to let staff know (including contacting the mod, or another mod, using complaint, etc.).

edit on 3-3-2011 by Gazrok because: And thanks for the shoutout davespanners

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 03:15 PM
link   
reply to post by davespanners

the day's still young dave

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 03:29 PM
link   
I would like to appreciate.....

Oh, wait, a break in the rain! Gotta run, while I see the sun, it is so rare, these days.

Thanks to everyone who gives what they can, to the site they enjoy frequenting.

Now seriously, there is a break in the rain!!!

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 03:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Crakeur

Even if this "Appreciation Day" goes no farther than this thread... I wanted you and every other gear that turns and works together so that the ATS Machine progresses and presses on to the future to know I appreciated you ...all of you...

ATS is more than some conspiracy website... its a lifestyle...

and as part of this is coined here.... ATS is a Lifestyle that simply encourages people to Deny Ignorance... Encourages us all to think... It allows us a forum, in which all are equal! Where WE are the reporters... It does so in an organized and Civil tone... ATS is the only true form of a news network I will ever trust...

-Pax Vobiscum!

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 04:03 PM
link   
reply to post by EvolEric

Pax Vobiscum

And with you....

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 04:48 PM
link   
Oh my god I forgot to mention Hefficide
how did that happen
We all miss you in the chat room Heff, the level of Bacon based conversation had plummeted since you left

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 05:06 PM
link   
reply to post by davespanners

Damn you Spanners! I was just going to say, I know how to thank 1 Mod..... Bacon.

To the Mods, you guys do a great job
I've had my moments when you guys / gals had to cool my jets. Hell, if you weren't doing a good job I wouldn't still be here after 3 years!

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 08:34 PM
link   
DJARUMS!!!! HEFFICIDE!!!!

to everyone else I haven't mentioned...

Happy Mod Day!!

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 08:48 PM
link   
Wow man... Just wow!

All I can thank to do, in light of all of this very humbling and touching attention is... hijack this thread and make it the...

ATS Moderators Member Appreciation Thread!

Not a single day goes by that I don't find myself utterly amazed by ATS members. Not a single one. Best staff on the Internet? Maybe. Best membership on the Internet? Way more accurate.

You people just plain rock.

~Heff

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 08:54 PM
link   
Happy Mod Appreciation Day to all the Mods!!

BTW, Id like to add that I try to show my appreciation everyday, by not being a pain in the butt, and make their jobs harder.... so in essence... your welcome

Peace and Love,
NoRegretsEver.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 09:35 PM
link   

I'll pass.....thanks.
Second Line
Seeashrink

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 09:48 PM
link   

Thanks you Mods.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 10:20 PM
link   
This little thread of yours has earned you a PB for a week and 500 points deducted!

Hey, thank you very much. I don;t claim this for myself but I can see what some of the other moderators do and they stay quite busy. They also seem to be on for long periods of time, often forgoing a few vital hours of sleep before getting up for work just to keep up with the traffic here. I take my hat off to my fellow moderators, they really are a hard working bunch.

I'll even let you in on a little secret about these mods - they're actually nice people

But don't tell anyone please, we don't want that kind of thing getting out. You know what I mean

Now how about a Member's Day?
Peace
~ATA

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 10:39 PM
link   
A really nice idea, thank you!

Thank you all moderators here on ATS for being the best of the best!

I have to say it, I fully appreaciate ATS, even in light of being named an "Enemy of the New Repubic", an agent... at least no one has accused me of being a bot!

ATS, my first and last conspiracy forum. Lessons learned the hard way, so I say again from my heart -

Thank You To

Skeptic Overlord
Crakeur
Springer
kosmicjack
worldwatcher
Asktheanimals
Skyfloating
MemoryShock
Advisor
AshleyD
masqua
tothetenthpower
TheBanfit795
mrwupy
JacKattMtn
DontTreadOnMe
semporfortis
niteboy82
Gazrok
Projectvxn
Asala,
Ahabstar

edit on 3-3-2011 by burntheships because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 10:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by UFOIogy
I disagree with the OP 100%, I have yet to see a decent MOD on ATS

Always one whiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiner in the bunch.

Now back on topic.

Thank you Mods, for your time, your calm and level heads, and for spanking those who sometimes need it.

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 07:36 AM
link   
I work as a forum mod on a expat website in Europe, and trust me, if the mods on here work anything like as hard as I do then they should be respected!

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join