It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

TSA staff jet blew it : Boxcutters taken on JFK Airliner

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 11:35 AM
link   

TSA staff jet blew it : Boxcutters taken on JFK Airliner

www.nypost.com

A passenger managed to waltz past JFK's ramped-up security gantlet with three boxcutters in his carry-on luggage -- easily boarding an international flight while carrying the weapon of choice of the 9/11 hijackers, sources told The Post yesterday.

The stunning breach grounded the flight for three hours Saturday night and drew fury from Port Authority cops, who accused the Transportation Security Administration of being asleep on the job.

"In case anyone has forgotten, the TSA was created because of a couple boxcutter incidents," said one PAPD source, referring to the weapons used
(visit the link for the full news article)

+2 more 
posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 11:35 AM
link   
And in today's ultimate irony news, the TSA once again proves just how effective they are at "keeping us safe from all of the terrorists", by allowing through, of all things, the VERY supposed weapon used which started this whole shenanigans to begin with(if anyone is still actually BELIEVING that story)---BOXCUTTERS.

I guess their amazing screening and "safety measures" only work for making sure people's dangerous private parts are thoroughly illuminated and caressed for all of the weapons they are hiding underneath them, but as far as the carry ons, who cares about that---The real danger is the human body, i.e., breasts and genitals.

Just ANOTHER expose in a long line of jokes of how "effective" our chestor-the-molestor agents are at actually stopping the very thing they are supposedly there to do in the first place! Unfortunately, the joke is on all of us citizens. Sigh.

www.nypost.com
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 3-3-2011 by DimensionalDetective because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 11:40 AM
link   
You know the worst part about this story, DD? It is we the people who will suffer for their failure.
They will sure enough double or triple their intimiditation, groping and molestation tactics after this.

Passengers beware. It's about to get a whole lot worse.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Klassified
You know the worst part about this story, DD? It is we the people who will suffer for their failure.
They will sure enough double or triple their intimiditation, groping and molestation tactics after this.

Passengers beware. It's about to get a whole lot worse.

Man, I wish they would just forget about assaulting citizens. If someone is hell bent on doing something, the TSA will be circumvented (clearly it's not hard). So just let us travel unhindered as we used to. Far fewer assaults would take place.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 11:49 AM
link   
reply to post by DimensionalDetective

Guess they were too busy looking at the nudie pics from the non-saved images of the scanners.

Edit: TSA blows more things than Linda Lovelace EVER did.
edit on 3-3-2011 by mydarkpassenger because: Add

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 11:58 AM
link   
Does this truly show the ineffectiveness of TSA or are all these "slip-ups" excuses to rationalize the need for TSA?

While you guys get excited over this "victory", it's probably being used as more proof that we need TSA and that TSA needs more control in order to be effective.
edit on 3-3-2011 by DevilJin because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 12:00 PM
link   
How about instead of the illegal, Nazi-esque TSA searches we make the cockpit of airplanes inaccessible to the passengers? Put TWO doors on the plane. One for passengers and one for the pilots!

It’d be kinda hard to highjack a plane with your butter knife when you can't even get into the pilot's seat…

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 12:04 PM
link   
They didn't get the box cutter.

I bet they at least got some wood.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 12:06 PM
link   
Great!
Get ready for total cavity searches from TSA now followed by full spread nude photos that would make Penthouse blush. I bet you never thought a freckle on your ass cheek would be considered a identifying mark.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 12:09 PM
link   
This is just disgusting. These people are so stupid, so ignorant, so arrogant, so full of themselves. There is only one reason that we haven't had a plane brought down and that is simply becasue terrorists haven't wanted to bring one down. If and when they decide to crash another plane TSA won't be able to do anything to stop them.

Come on. The guy who runs TSA is a blithering idiot with a penchant for overreacting. Obviously, he won't hire someone smarter than him, so, if you extrapolate, that means the typical screener is a complete moron and probably competes in the Special Olympics on the weekends. Not to say that all Special Olympics competitors are as stupid as TSA screeners, sorry if I offended any retarded people.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 12:13 PM
link   
It was a 45-year-old male factory worker, so that explains why they may have missed the box-cutters.

If it had been a young, large breasted woman, then she would be more likely to have received an ''enhanced patdown'', and the box-cutters would have been seized !

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 12:20 PM
link   

Hostile Intent Detection - Training & Simulation Project

Project Overview: The Science and Technology (S&T) Directorate Human Factors/Behavioral Sciences Division (HFD) Hostile Intent Detection – Training and Simulation Project develops computer-based simulation to train behavior-based stand-off detection for future hostile intent using indicators from the interactive screening environment (Hostile Intent Detection – Automated Prototype) and the observational environment (Hostile Intent Detection – Validation) to support screening and interviewing interactions at air, land, and maritime portals. This project is part of the Social and Behavioral Threat Analysis Thrust Area and Suspicious Behavior Detection Program within HFD.

www.dhs.gov...

I actually seen a special on this program here. The cost is in the millions of dollars per year. Read the above external content carefully.

What you have is workers put in front of a computer to teach them what hostile intent looks like. Facial twitches and sad faces and pissed off faces. You know what I mean. The thing is, it is all computer models.

So the people who were able to board the plane with the box cutters were able to foil the millions of dollars program that is ongoing. Put on a happy face and take your groping like you mean it.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 12:21 PM
link   

TSA is a joke, they take your bottle of water because it might be a bomb then throw it in a trash can two feet away from where they stand, hmmm... thanks, S&F

I guess it's ok to blow up the waiting line but not the airplane??

edit on 3-3-2011 by mileslong54 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 12:30 PM
link   

Nice! Good job again (at proving your relative worthlessness) TSA!

My wife brought pepper spray on board several domestic US flights over the last two years, as we had forgot about it being in her purse. We finally stopped bringing it along with us after we found it in there one time and thought..."Gee, got thru security with this time and time again!"

On the other hand, they promptly found, logged, and disposed of my sons "dangerous item" dining fork on our way back from Taiwan. He had it in his pocket because he can't operate chopsticks very well, and we forgot it was there. Oh, and then the airline gave us more forks on the plane. Not metal ones though, plastic. I'm positive they couldn't be rubber-banded together into a stiff bundle and jammed into someones eye socket though...

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by tooo many pills
How about instead of the illegal, Nazi-esque TSA searches we make the cockpit of airplanes inaccessible to the passengers? Put TWO doors on the plane. One for passengers and one for the pilots!

It’d be kinda hard to highjack a plane with your butter knife when you can't even get into the pilot's seat…

Pardon my cynicism( Don't get any on your shoes or you gotta' burn em!) but:

THIS HASN'T BEEN ABOUT "HIJACKINGS" FOR ALONG TIME!

Get some popcorn and your disbelieving friends:
"The power of nightmares" (BBC documentary 2005) part 1 of 3(full movie also available through netflix)

Google Video Link

edit on 3-3-2011 by 46ACE because: (no reason given)

edit on 3-3-2011 by 46ACE because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 12:51 PM
link   
TSA is and always has been about the perception of safety and security.

I'm not surprised they missed this, there have been numerous times they've been tested, both intentional and not, and have failed. Not to mention the test results that indicated the new x-ray machines are worthless and fail, as well.

Remember, it's all about the public's perception and when they realize that is faltering/failing, watch out! What will come next, will be much worse for personal boundaries, privacy and ability to travel freely, unencumbered by continuous hassle...

edit on 3-3-2011 by LadySkadi because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 01:14 PM
link   
reply to post by 46ACE

No duh, you think I've been on this site this long and don't know that?

"Terrorists" take box cutters onto planes because they want to hijack them. All I was saying is that instead of the TSA scanning our bodies and grabbing our nuts to check for sharp objects, they should just make it completely impossible for a passenger to get into the cockpit during a flight. Two doors! WAH-LA, no one could ever hijack an airliner again.

It's obvious they intentionally don't use common sense when they do these things. They'll use any excuse to take away our freedoms. It's funny to them.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 01:18 PM
link   

.... Peraltalajara told authorities that he used the boxcutters for work at a Secaucus manufacturing plant and simply forgot that they were in his luggage. He was not charged with any crime. ....

Forgot? Not charged with any crime? If carrying boxcutters on a plane is not a crime then why is the TSA even around since boxcutters is their excuse to exist at airports? To me forgetting is not an excuse, especially if traveling internationally on a plane. I think this guy should of been fined, even if he is an idiot, at the very least for all the frustration he caused all the other passengers and crew.

Does all a highjacker have to do is say, "Sorry, I forgot", when busted mid-way through a plan with the only thing being done will be a response of "No problem, carry on your way sir, enjoy your flight."? I am not saying this idiot is a highjacker but, who is to say this isn't how an actual highjacker would respond to being caught if doing a trial-run to see if they could actually get on a plane with boxcutters and to see how the authorities respond.

To me this shows all highjackers/terrorists that if you get caught somehow all you have to do is say "oops I forgot" then re-try the plan again later until succesful.

2cents.
Bzzzzzzz

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 01:25 PM
link   
I've accidentally gotten onto 5 flights with a fold out knife that I keep in my wallet. There is absolutely no security. I've actually been ON THE PLANE with it in my wallet and then realized after getting through security that I didn't take it out. In one instance, I was pulled aside to go through one of the naked body scanners (I refused) and was sent to the detailed pat down screenings while it was still in my wallet. They still never opened it to look. I keep it in there because I consider the knife to be a tool. A tool that I use for damn near everything from opening boxes, letters, tightening screws, stripping coax/ethernet cables or as an exacto blade when I'm doing artwork. The entire security process is a sham.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by mileslong54

TSA is a joke, they take your bottle of water because it might be a bomb then throw it in a trash can two feet away from where they stand, hmmm... thanks, S&F

I guess it's ok to blow up the waiting line but not the airplane??

I'm so sorry but you made me laugh so hard by pointing out the craziness of this matter.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join