It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

GOD and logical thought... Hello ATS readers, I'm DamnYankeee

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 10:56 AM
link   
So after many months of perusing this board, I have to say that there are definitely some topics that are just so ridiculously out there that I can't help but laugh. However, there are some that truly peak my curiosity. The "Star Wars" post was what really made me decide to start an account and add my two cents to some of these posts.

About a year and a half ago I was flipping through the channels when I came upon 'Ancient Aliens' on the History Channel... at first I was like WTF but then every thing I would think would be a flaw in their argument was turned around because of things like the Nazca Lines and the Pyramids... to deny some of these fact's (Nazca lines LOOK like runways & the fact that the pyramids are soo massive yet all the stone blocks are laid with such accuracy that even with today's technology, we cannot do) would be to deny the obvious. Now granted, I know many people have other theories about what these things are. After thinking about what was presented to me, I decided to look further into the topic and it all made sense.

For myself, I was brought up Catholic and even as a kid I couldn't understand why all these people (in church) talked about someone they never met, never saw, know nothing about other than the fact that every literary document we have on G.O.D. came from someone's else interpretation of something they thought would be prevalent for themselves. The Bible, the guide to life that so many people follow.. I just don't get it. I was brought up with values, I was taught to treat people the way you want to be treated, treat everyone with respect, and help those who are less fortunate than I am. Now that these beliefs have taken a firm grip in my life, every decision I make is based upon those fundamental ideologies. If I say or do something that upsets someone I get upset, and I do everything to make things better. That is my faith.. to believe in myself and the good of others. This is something I have come to understand as I get older. There are a lot of people who are made up of questionable intent. So for me, I pride myself that I can see things like that, I can tell after a short conversation with someone whether or not good emanates from inside. It's things like this that give me hope, hope that there are other people out there like me who through evolution, can see the what's wrong with this world and do things in their power to make things right. That is my faith.. to believe in the good of all people.

With that being said... just because I don't believe in God doesn't mean I am damned to hell. For me personally, to pray and worship something like God is to deny the obvious, to believe in something made up. I think too logically for that. There is a reason for everything and I want to know what that reason is. If God created man in his own image, than how can you explain things in nature that doesn't make any sense? Like the Platypus... to me it looks like a science experiment. Am I off base thinking that? The Nazca lines look like runways.. then the Nazca people made figures that can only be seen by air that basically show their level of intelligence through design. Also, that region is rich with almost every precious mineral this planet has to offer. These things are thousands of years old.. much older than man. How do you explain that? Nothing just gets created like that.. NOTHING.

So, like others on this board, I have started to search for the logical explanations as to why these things exist and after following the trail it eventually dissipates, winding up pointing to boards like this where reality is then turned into conspiracy. My curiosity has been peaked... I want answers, answers that cannot be found in a book based on other's interpretations.

I just wanted to introduce myself and give people a little insight about me so when I do post something you can see I'm not some nut case who sits in a dark room with a tinfoil hat on. I am looking forward to evolving as a human being by being open minded and not judge until I know all the evidence. It should be a fun journey...

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 11:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Damnyankeee

hey are you making fun of my foil hat.

What gives roockie..
just kidding. Wlecome and watch out for the attackers and haters. They are out there but be strong as they can be relentless.

RB.

Welcome...

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 11:51 AM
link   
Welcome to ATS.

Learn. I'm sure you'll do that just fine.

Jepic out.

join