It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Many Iraqi's Celebrating

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 21 2003 @ 04:03 PM
link   
I know everyone has seen the large pics or murals of Saddam on walls all over Baghdad and other parts of Iraq. They just showed some footage on FoxNews of Iraqi's throwing bricks at the pictures, some ripping down the ones that weren't actually painted, and dancing around. It was a good sight to see, they actually looked relieved to be able to do this without fear of retribution from the government. They just showed some more Iraqi's hugging the soldiers and shaking their hands with big smiles on their face. I think alot of them realize their future will be much brighter without Saddam

posted on Mar, 21 2003 @ 05:27 PM
link   
"A few men and boys ventured out, putting makeshift white flags on their pickup trucks or waving white T-shirts out truck windows."

"Americans very good," Ali Khemy said. "Iraq wants to be free."

Some chanted, "Ameriki! Ameriki!"

Many others in the starving town just patted their stomachs and raised their hands, begging for food.

A man identifying himself only as Abdullah welcomed the arrival of the U.S. troops: "Saddam Hussein is no good. Saddam Hussein a butcher."

www.foxnews.com...

posted on Mar, 21 2003 @ 05:28 PM
link   
I hope France and Germany are getting good looks at this

posted on Mar, 22 2003 @ 04:02 PM
link   
I'm sure they're looking the other way!

posted on Mar, 22 2003 @ 04:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Midnight Mutilator
I hope France and Germany are getting good looks at this

Of course they saw it. That's why we are starting to heard on the news that these pics are fakes, and that probably the US Army has payed those poor peoples to act like if they were happy to see US troops.

France, Germany and Belgium will pay the price of their fellony very soon !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! In fact, they started to already pay it !!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Dec, 2 2003 @ 12:44 AM
link   
Celebrations abound. Democracy to the World

posted on Dec, 2 2003 @ 01:32 AM
link   
Bush probably paid 'em off.

It is close to election time

posted on Dec, 2 2003 @ 08:16 AM
link   
But they also celebrate when American soldiers are killed. I've seen plenty of Iraqis dancing and laughing beside the flamed out remains of exploded US armored personnel carriers.

But that's because I watch BBC and CBC, they don't show any of that on Fox or CNN.

j

posted on Dec, 2 2003 @ 12:35 PM
link   
Actually they showed the video of people kicking the bodies of dead soldiers just yesterday on FOX. Actually I watch most of the news channels and FOX news is definately more balanced when telling both sides things.

posted on Dec, 2 2003 @ 12:41 PM
link   
Just once, I'd like to see someone find the good in something...

MAYBE, Just MAYBE, these Iraqis really are happy that we're there and want to be free...

*rant over*

posted on Dec, 2 2003 @ 01:06 PM
link   
3/21/2003

The post date guys, the post date.

No one is celebrating anything and if they are it's with death.

posted on Dec, 2 2003 @ 03:07 PM
link   
elevatedone: "MAYBE, Just MAYBE, these Iraqis really are happy that we're there and want to be free... "

I'd imagine they WILL be happy once they are given their own country back, to do with as THEY want to. If that means electing a new government that is Islamic and non-democratic, I would think it's their right, since this war was to liberate them and make them free to choose their futures.

posted on Dec, 2 2003 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by elevatedone
Just once, I'd like to see someone find the good in something...

MAYBE, Just MAYBE, these Iraqis really are happy that we're there and want to be free...

*rant over*

I hope the same

posted on Dec, 2 2003 @ 03:11 PM
link   
That's the funny thing. This war wasn't to liberate them, originally. It was to remove Saddam and find the WMD. Liberation was just the backup justification, in case none of the others panned out...and they haven't.

top topics

join