It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nato aka (American Helicopter gunships) Murder Nine Children Collecting Wood.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 03:55 PM
link   
Grow up
This is the real world and in the real world people get killed. This is not an atrocity its an accident. US soldiers do not intentionally kill children. The US military is the most highly trained in the world and while it does have problems those are the same problems that any large organization is vexxed with. It is manned by people and people are not perfect. There is a distinct difference between isolated incidents and a pattern of behavior. We have seen a number of incidents but considering the time that the US has been involved in Iraq and Afgan. the number is thankfully low. Compare the US presence in Afgan. with that of the USSR. The number of civilian deaths resulting from NATO activity is MUCH lower than that of the USSR.
Those of you with anti-military agendas have a nasty little tendency to use ALL civilian deaths as evidence that US/NATO armies are criminal. Yes again there were incidents of accidental deaths in Iraq and the stan. You seem to leave out the fact that the VAST majority of the civilian deaths are at the hands of the insurgent forces.
If the Iraqi insurgents set off a car bomb that kills 40 people those people are considered by you to be "victims" of US aggression. Nonsense.

it does not matter what the US military does you all will condem it because you think it makes you so counter culture and cool. This is not 1967 and you are not flower children.

For the record the article does not identify the crews as being US. It says a US base was attacked and it speaks of difficulties with communicating the correct target location to the Helo crew. This leads me to believe that the Helo was from another NATO country. That may not be the case but the article is not providing us enough information. Please see if you can find that specifically identified before we continue the anti US army hatefest.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 05:07 PM
link   
NATO Members

This is a horrible incident and young children were killed. Was it an accident? I have no clue. I feel terrible for the families involved. That said.... this America bashing is getting ridiculous... When more information comes out we can make judgements and blame the persons directly involved. You can't hold the entire country accountable for it's military actions. Sadly, we the American public have no control of our military.
edit on 3-3-2011 by inthemass because: .

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 06:50 PM
link   
what bothers me is those bashing don't consider the difficulty of identifying an enemy that can and has been children before. insurgents love to convince children to attack military forces for them so the military targets the children instead of the insurgents that provoke the "innocent civilians" to attack. anyone and everyone has the potential to commit an atrocious act against humanity, and your hate speaking voices trying to make nato and more specifically the us look like an evil empire bent on world domination is just as atrocious as what an insurgent does when that insurgent puts a bomb on a little kid and tells that kid to go and play around a military facility.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 07:19 PM
link   
This looks like another case just like in the Wikileaks helicopter video of hotheads off to get indiscriminate revenge on whoever they can find. The article states that their base was "attacked" earlier so clearly they felt like some payback. Its this type of dishonorable behavior by servicemen that stains the sacrifices those who have served in my family have made. Isn't the military doing any sort of regular psych evaluation on these cowboys? This sort of act is only going to create more anger to foreign forces operating in these areas. This includes more danger to the service men and woman who are serving their country honorably.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 07:41 PM
link   

The article states that their base was "attacked" earlier so clearly they felt like some payback.

Yeah, their base was "attacked" is an excuse to do whatever they want, even kill indiscriminately, the way some cops plant a knife on a dead suspect because they were a little too trigger happy.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 08:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by inthemass
this America bashing is getting ridiculous...

It's to be expected when you invade, destroy, and kill on a mass scale, based off of lies, entirely for profit and control. Bush calls it liberation, and fighting the war on terror. I call it murder.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 08:32 PM
link   
reply to post by JibbyJedi

The children were the victims, yet you say they want the US to be hated. Do you honestly think The US can blow children to bits and the world will love you for it?

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 08:43 PM
link   
Sorry if my reaction was a bit harsh, but it's still bad to know this exists.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 08:46 PM
link   
So Obama gets a pass and President Bush gets blamed again........
Another hate America and Bush is the devil thread......YAWN!!!!!
It is horrible when children die, maybe the left should ask their messiah to please, please, please stop killing children.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 08:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Dragoon01

Oh you big Brave proud american. There is no justification for the killing of innocents. but hey, don't you worry yourself. The great US blunderers will be in libya any day soon you can practice blowing up more innocent children from a great height with you super duper penis extentions, oops, should l have said guns? All because you want their oil "AGAIN" You see the world now see's you for what you are. Pathetic corporation killers.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 09:06 PM
link   

"This is not an atrocity..."

Dude.. really?

Lets see.. who else in modern history didn't think summarily killing kids was an atrocity, let's see.. the Nazis, KKK, so called terrorists, Charles Manson, Hitler, Pol Pot..

Edit to add:

Grow up huh?.. if accepting the senseless slaughter of kids collecting fire wood means "growing up".. I don't want to grow up in your violent cesspool of lunacy world.. thanks anyway war-monger.
edit on 3-3-2011 by GovtFlu because: add

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 09:11 PM
link   

you make me sick with those remarks, these soldiers deserve the firing squad and i would wish for them to aim for the knees and gut.

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 02:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dragoon01

This is not an atrocity its an accident.

Please see if you can find that specifically identified before we continue the anti US army hatefest.

i'm guessing you are either brainwashed or your a troll.

the best trained pilots in the world. that thought they were coming under fire from kids with sticks????

the murdering has to stop.

" It was at least the third instance in two weeks in which the U.S.-led NATO force was accused of killing a large number of civilians. "

source www.democracynow.org...

you start your BS rant with 'grow up' . those afgan kids won't get a chance to do that. maybe its time you did?
edit on 4-3-2011 by JohnySeagull because: (no reason given)

edit on 4-3-2011 by JohnySeagull because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 11:36 AM
link   
reply to post by GovtFlu

No its not an atrocity because an atrocity implies intent and knowledge. If you dont understand that then you dont have the capacity to comment.

Clearly this was a case of mistaken identity. Get in a small plane and fly at 4000 ft and tell me the difference between kids and adults in treecover. I have done that and its not easy even with optical equipment.

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 11:37 AM
link   
reply to post by lewman

WOW for someone who is supposed to be non violent you have quite the streak of viciousness there. Maybe you should get to a little help with that.

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 12:06 PM
link   
reply to post by JohnySeagull

You dont have a clue.

Clearly no one bothered to actually think about what I wrote. I made several points one being that the comments here are motivated by a preconceived anti-US or anti-military position. Its knee jerk emotional hysteria. If you can not logically analyze an issue then take a deep breath and walk away for a few minutes. Come back when you are ready to discuss things in a calm fashion. I agree with many of you on the principles but I cant stomach your obvious hatred of all things military.
Thats part of growing up. If you want to be an actual adult and act your age you have to control your responses and use your mind not your monkey/ lizard brain.
The emotional responses cloud your ability to break down a situation or act and see the different perspectives.
If you first thought when you hear about civilian deaths is to light your head on fire and run around screaming "murder" and "Baby killer" then you cant be part of the discussion.
You dont know these kids or their families. Beyond the obvious gut reaction you should be able to think about questions and perspectives without going to jelly.

I feel for the families I am a father and I know that I would be devistated and my reaction would be violent. Any one would expect that to be the case. So put yourself in the boots of the guys actually getting shot at. If making people violently mad is the result of accidental deaths then its in your best intrests to avoid accidental deaths. When they happen, because this is modern war they will happen, its tragic but it is a consequence of combat operations. Accidents claim the lives of US troops as well. Its a dangerous place to be. Because its a dangerous place to be were I in the situation of that family I would pack my things and get out of that area as quickly as possible. Remove yourselves and your family from the area of operations until they are completed. You will be helping yourself and helping the soldiers do their job because you are one less group of non-combatants they have to worry about. Thats not to say that the family is to blame but if you put yourself into situations with potential outcomes you cant be surprised if that outcome happens. Like a family that lives on the Amazon River. If you know that man eating fish live there can you be surprised if your little one is eaten by the man eating fish?

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Because its a dangerous place to be were I in the situation of that family I would pack my things and get out of that area as quickly as possible. Remove yourselves and your family from the area of operations until they are completed. You will be helping yourself and helping the soldiers do their job because you are one less group of non-combatants they have to worry about. Thats not to say that the family is to blame but if you put yourself into situations with potential outcomes you cant be surprised if that outcome happens. Like a family that lives on the Amazon River. If you know that man eating fish live there can you be surprised if your little one is eaten by the man eating fish?

You are twisted beyond all of my comprehension. Are you trying to say that gathering fire wood is putting ones self into a dangerous situation? Gathering fire wood on their own land? That is occupied by a foreign force who are there for nefarious reasons other than getting the bad guys?

Yes, those troops are put into a dangerous situation. I'm not blaming them because they think they are defending apple pie and Chevrolet. We know better. So do you. To suggest that the family should have packed their things and got out is absolutely disgusting as well. I'm sure you make a living off of these wars some how.

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 12:29 PM
link   
reply to post by jackflap

NO again with the comprehension.
It does not matter what they were doing. It does not matter that it may or may not have been their "own land". I am not sure how private property works there anyway. What I am saying is that if you are living in a dangerous area, ANYWHERE be it Karbalha to Detroit, when bad things are happening if you stay there you cant be surprised if something bad happens. I am all about defending what is yours and private property. I am ready to defend my home to the last bullet but I also have a responsibility to my wife and child to ensure that they are around to use that property. For me yes I would take the risk of being in the danger area but I would make sure that my wife and child were removed from the danger. I would not be sending my child off to collect firewood even from my own property if I knew that radical insurgents were in the area and NATO soldiers were there trying to kill them.

** For the record no I make my living off of the gaming industry, I do however know a lot about the military and have spent most of my career working with former members as well as having a brother that currently serves and did a tour in Iraq. In addition I serve with the Civil Air Patrol which is the Air Force Auxilary**
edit on 4-3-2011 by Dragoon01 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 12:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dragoon01
reply to post by GovtFlu

No its not an atrocity because an atrocity implies intent and knowledge. If you dont understand that then you dont have the capacity to comment.

Clearly this was a case of mistaken identity. Get in a small plane and fly at 4000 ft and tell me the difference between kids and adults in treecover. I have done that and its not easy even with optical equipment.

A. I think it safe to say that the pilot unlike the children that they murdered knows he wasn't born and raised in Afghanistan.

B. I think it safe to say that the pilot not born and raised in afghanistan in charge of a offensive munitions laden ship of war knows that innocent people are constantly being killed.

C. While the government often says this is because of 'faulty intelligence' a pilot engaged in the scuttlebutt on the ground amongst fellow pilots would know there is an excellent chance that they are going to be targeting innocent people.

So in conclusion yes there was enough foreknowledge for this to be a premeditated act of murder on the Pilots part who could have either...

1. Opted out of combat military service by never joining the armed forces.
2. Became a conciencious objector once it became obvious (and it long has been known and unusually high percentage of innocent civilians are being killed).
3. Refused orders to open fire on the 'targets' because of confusion on the ground.

All you are trying to do is justify the poor actions and life decisions of a person who has committed a horrible act of murdering children by inventing an entirely self serving excuse that ignores every reality as to why it not only should have never happened but really is a crime.

That you have more empathy for at best a dangerous and incompetent idiot and at worse a cold calculating murderer than you do for 9 young innocent children displays a level of moral bankruptcy and deminished intellectual capacity as to explain why so many innocent lives are being lost, as the people tasked with the killing don't seem to have the intellectual capacity to find their way out of a paper bag.

Really dude, shame on you!

edit on 4/3/11 by ProtoplasmicTraveler because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 12:50 PM
link   
reply to post by JibbyJedi

War never has a winner and always has civilian casualties. That's the plan and always was, they want the world to hate the US right now.

Of course. You are correct.

This time we ARE WATCHING TPTB as they are preparing a False flag to scare the public into accepting an even nastier and permanent version of the Patriot Act, Martial Law or WWIII. If you have any doubts that the US government would allow its own people to be killed, here are the historical facts showing that they have done so before and in exactly the same way. Days of Infamy and The War on Terrorism

The formula, as shown in those articles is:
The first stage is to aggravate, literally to goad them until they had no choice but to strike back (sound familiar?)

The second prong of the strategy is to insulate. Keep the victims (that's us) from getting the information needed to protect themselves.

The third and final stage is to Facilitate the attack:make it easy by offering no opposition.

My thread Napolitano sets stage for False Flag Terrorist Attack shows stage three.

We are watching stage one - Aggravate the "Enemy"

They are not doing a real good job of #2 - keeping us from seeing the aggravation, but most of the Sheeple will not figure it out.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join