It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Unrest in the Middle East and Africa - Country by Country

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 10:21 AM
link   

Unrest in the Middle East and Africa - Country by Country

edition.cnn.com

Demonstrations have spread across parts of the Middle East and Africa. Here is the latest from each country and the roots of the unrest.
LIBYA…
EGYPT...
TUNISIA...
OMAN…
YEMEN…
BAHRAIN...
IRAQ...
MAURITANIA...
JORDAN...
ALGERIA...
DJIBOUTI...
KUWAIT...
SUDAN...
SYRIA...
MOROCCO...
PALESTINIAN TERRITORIES...
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 10:21 AM
link   
CNN reports 16 countries revolting in the Middle East and Africa, and outlines the "roots of unrest" for each one.

The common complaints are poverty, unemployment, food shortages, corruption, human rights abuses, and loss of personal right and freedoms.

CNN is asking people to share their stories, photos and video of protests.

Are you experiencing protests in your country? Share your stories, photos and video with CNN.

CNN's request reflects Anon's plea, made in their Open Letter To The World posted yesterday on ATS:

We have begun telling each other our own stories. Sharing our lives, our hopes, our dreams, our demons. Every second, day in day out, into all hours of the night the gritty details of life on this earth are streaming around the world. As we see the lives of others played out in our living rooms we are beginning to understand the consequences of our actions and the error of the old ways. We are questioning the old assumptions that we are made to consume not to create, that the world was made for our taking, that wars are inevitable, that poverty is unavoidable. As we learn more about our global community a fundamental truth has been rediscovered: We are not so different as we may seem. Every human has strengths, weaknesses, and deep emotions. We crave love, love laughter, fear being alone and dream for a better life.

...Keep telling your story. All must be heard.

We all need to share our stories.

Keep telling yours. Use the Net - ATS, CNN, Anon, whatever forum or venue you can find. Yell, shout, write, film - fill the Net with real voices of real experience - with truth.

edition.cnn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 10:35 AM
link   
Haven't things always been kinda crazy in the middle east? I blame the heat. Everywhere in the world that is naturally hotter the people are always a little crazier.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 10:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Jefferton

Everywhere in the world that is naturally hotter the people are always a little crazier.

I cannot believe that you are dismissing your family's struggles in this way.

But thank you for bumping the thread.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by soficrow

The common complaints are poverty, unemployment, food shortages, corruption, human rights abuses, and loss of personal right and freedoms.

Sounds like the West nowadays

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 11:44 AM
link   
reply to post by soficrow

I immediately noticed the Jewish nation was intentially omitted from the open letter to the world.....

that tells me all I need to know....we need to unite all as one...and not excluding the Jewish nation... to starve off the Globalists.

Let me make it quite clear, the Illuminati are a majority of non-Jews, just because there are afew wealthy Jews among them we must completely ignore the Israeli people whom are little knowledged in whats really going on behind the black curtain? The illuminati has no conscience and WILL turn on Israel at the click of a light switch.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 12:52 PM
link   
reply to post by bluemirage5

Please take your vitriol elsewhere - there is NO LIST of nations in Anon's Open Letter to the World.

...Sorry PETROLCOIN - missed this one:

United We Stand with Our Arab Brothers and Sisters.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 12:57 PM
link   
reply to post by BarmyBilly

You're right.

Sounds a LOT the the West, doesn't it? ...We might want to take notes.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 02:48 PM
link   
reply to post by BarmyBilly

Yeah but at least those folks in the Middle east are doing something about it. Us in the west sit on our laurells and twiddle our thumbs, hoping things will improve. When it does not we moan about it and move on

top topics

join