It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Celente: this is the beginning of WWIII

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 07:46 PM
link   
While I do respect Gerald Celente (and what he says) I believe that we must look further into the future and think about when we do hit the 'restart' point globally and what we can possibly do to keep things for repeating in the future.

As Celente said: I am a political atheist .... As am I!

We all know what's coming....if we cannot prevent it, perhaps we can rally around the possibility of ceasing this cycle! Actually we should both TRY to prevent the coming events AND try to cease the cycle!

SnF

Peace & Respect,

AS
edit on 3-3-2011 by AeonStorm because: added + snf

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 08:33 PM
link   
Absolutely hair raising stuff there, and unfortunately I believe it's totally correct.

It doesn't take an economist and historian with a big degree to see where this is all heading.

"Unless we change directions.... We are likely to end up where we are going." - Sufi saying.

Well just take a look down down the immediate future road.. what do you see? I know what I see and that's history repeating itself clear as day. I'm a little shaken up actually.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 08:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Billmeister

This is where MW2 starts, and we will see the second sun soon

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 08:49 PM
link   
I am trying to stay on topic. The OP states the start of ww3, and links a video, in which the commentator never mentions ww3. It was seven minutes plus worth of rhetoric, but maybe I missed something. They talked mostly about civil unrest, and this causes that, lil brush fires that fuel the MSM and cause gas prices to jump up, not on a supply loss, but on a fear factor. Pure manipulation, from them to TPTB. The current price is $3.45 a gallon, where I am at, so I marvel at the stupidity.

Whoa, I just flowed into a different topic. Gas prices. I am (not) stating that will be the start of ww3. The prices of gas is the trigger. Yep. We gotta start somewhere.

My wife says that's a bunch of #. I am so upset how TPTB manipulate the prices.

Ok, back to the thread. An act of war requires the approval of Congress. They have vested interests all over the world. It'd take a severe attack on American soil, or someone attacking Israel, to start WW3. The rest of all the political unrest is because of that. #, we would be demonstrating in the streets here, but TPTB would take us out real quick. We'd get about 5 minutes of fame before the dis-information engine kicked in. We'd be erased, for sure, really quickly. So why don't we do more?

The NWO and one currency is no suprise. Why not call it a credit? Seriously, instead of dollar, yen, euro, which terms may offend some, call it something really generic. Other places call it the Galactic Credit, mostly in sci-fi books, but I can say a universal currency is REQUIRED for a stable GLOBAL economy. There is NO SUCH THING on this planet. Where are our heads?

ALL OUR HEADS ARE BELONG TO US!

Think, people, think. WE created this mess, greed got in the way, so can those pure of heart overcome the disease of abundant wealth? Oxymoronic question. Those pure of heart align to the *insert economic structure here*, and the greedy ones like where they are in a capitalistic society.

Smartphone pun here, it's the "HAVS" vs the "NOHAVS". Has to do with voltage scaling on a device that consumes a 1500 ma/hr battery. The HAVS save resources, the NOHAVS run every app full-bore. Yeah, ok, google it, but you won't start ww3 by doing so. That's up to TPTB, and yes, all of them the world over. Who do you trust?

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 10:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Druid42

Celente explained quite clearly how you might as well compare 1929 to 2008, the depression to the recession (only a recession due to the trillions printed in order to prop it up for a while longer) and when you have currency and trade wars they inevitably turn into HOT wars.

That is how we had WW1 and WW2.

"What we are seeing is the start of the next great war of the 21st century".

Yes, he means World War 3. History is repeating itself and the civil unrest will spread right around the globe and they are the brush fires of the great war of the 21st century (WW3)

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 10:25 PM
link   
I'm generally favorably disposed to Celente but I see WW3 as only one of many possible outcomes. I believe the theory is that the nation-states will use war to bail out their utterly-flummoxed economies in the grand old manner of: "Let's use WWII to take everybody out of the 1930s Great Depression." This is certainly possible. Resource issues -- water, oil, other things -- may also play a role in decisionmaking. The threat of having a truly vital resource choked off tends to make governments "look before they leap," so some kind of world war scenario is not out of the question. War would also serve to unified fractured, fraying, discontented populations around the globe, channeling the energies of the disgruntled and leading them to rally 'round the flag.

All the above is true and valid, but the problem with this line of reasoning is that such measures may already have been tried. In a sense, the war on terror and the concurrent housing boom represent a teloscoping/compressing of the WWII-economic-boost paradigm, employed to help the country out of the dotcom bust. Remember that cute little thing, kids? At the time, believe it or not, it seemed real ugly to a lot of people. Problem was, nobody sane had any idea how breathtakingly surreal the next bubble would be in comparison. The bubble that burst in 2008. A burst we are nowhere near even out of the woods on yet. So even if the forces behind the throne want to whip up another war, there may simply be no ammo left in the cannon, so to speak.

Not everybody is playing by the cozy old G7 clubhouse rules: Russia, China, India, and others are on the way up and they all have their own increasingly bold ideas about how stuff should be. So the result would tend more towards catabolic collapse, entropy, fragmentation, and "third-world-ization" rather than a superstate world-war scenario. Not saying for sure this is how it is, but it seems at least as equally likely as anything else yet proposed.

edit on 3/3/11 by silent thunder because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 10:47 PM
link   
I'm pretty sure once the books are written after I'm gone they will say ww3 lasted over a decade and started Sept 11th, 2001.

Pretty sure end game lies in the treaties after ww3. After regional cultures are decimated the world round from the forming of unions, a new story can be wrote for the humanity that tells of us being cosmic beings, destined to chart the skies in search of higher understandings and other advanced lifeforms.

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 12:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Billmeister

Nice post, but a VERY fine reply. It raises the chicken or the
egg question of greed v. avarice as well. My take on all this is
simple. Those that have will not lightly give up the raw power
that their money brings, for the money guards itself after a
point-- allowing for uninterrupted hobbies like mass murder.

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 12:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Druid42
Ok, back to the thread. An act of war requires the approval of Congress.

Just a side note because this caught my eye. The last time Congress declared war was June 5, 1942 when we declared war against Bulgaria.

I think the whole "declaration of war" thing has been politically discarded as "quaint" and "unneeded"
edit on 3-4-2011 by rogerstigers because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 05:16 PM
link   
Interesting Celente repeatedly says the 1st great war of the 21st century, does he expect another? Geeze can the world take 4 world wars in 200 years?

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 02:30 PM
link   
To all who participated... thank you!

This is what ATS is all about, no partisan ranting or bizarre sidetracking, only intelligent and relevant discussion.

The conspiracy angle that I see developing, and which was brought up by Celente, is the possibility that the infamous "powers that be" will be using this recent economic, political and social instability to push the "one world order" agenda. The solution brought about by many world leaders seems to point to a new, international currency. Somewhat interesting considering the Euro debacle.

I concede that there are positive arguments for the creation of such a currency, however, I strongly believe that a nation's sovereignty is directly tied to the control of it's currency's interest rate.

silent thunder brought up the increasingly influential "new" economies, like China, India and Brazil... perhaps it is legitimately their turn, as it were. From a historical standpoint, other populations than the traditional, modern western powers are overdue to take more control of the international scene.

That said, as has been pointed out by a number of posters, those individuals and countries that hold the wealth (and power that comes with it) are not likely to let it go easily, and this may be the root cause of Celente's predicted "next great war".

I must admit that I am somewhat of a (slightly) hypocritical fence-sitter on this one. On one hand, I truly believe that the citizens of world should have the same potential quality of life that we enjoy in the west. On the other hand, I have grown accustom to these "creature comforts", and, if it came down to it, am not sure how easily I could be convinced to sacrifice them.

Cheers,

the Billmeister

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 01:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Billmeister
this may be the root cause of Celente's predicted "next great war".

its simpler than that, its just an extrapolation of trends. As he mentioned in his video currency wars and trade wars lead to shooting wars.

We are at the beginning of the currency wars, as China and US battle for reserve currency status. US policy in particular exports inflation to the outside world (hence soaring commodity inflation), which puts pressure on less developed countries where the citizens spend more on food. China, in turn, will be trying to export inflation everywhere else, including the US, by trying to attain reserve currency status and trading in yuan.

Commodity inflation leads to the trade wars, where countries will start to subsidise their own produce and impose tariffs on others to try and maintin and restart a manufacturing/agricultural base. This leads to punch and counter punch in global trade. Heavily subsidising governments will fast run out of money as well.

The financial and trade pressure finally tell and lead to shooting wars, as it becomes less costly to try and take from your neighbours. Similar to pre-WW1 the network of defence treaties that currently exists can lead to rapid escalation of any conflicts. If a NATO country is attacked, for instance, it drags Western Europe and the US into war via treaties. Multiple hotspots flaring up globally can also quickly lead to widespread conflict, which is quite possible if you have a few of military coupes by militant or extremist factions.

This is the way that history has repeated so Celente is merely examining the current trends an extrapolating based on past experience. I was sceptical that he would be correct regarding revolutions and war but the revolutions are occurring, the currency and trade wars are beginning so it difficult to discount the possibility that this is the beginning of the next great war. it can happen very quickly.

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 03:28 PM
link   
reply to post by zvezdar

I agree with you, however, I do think that a certain level of complexity still exists in the lead up to a global conflict.

For example, the draft. You may argue very validly that new military technology does away with the necessity of the massive man power required for previous conflict, however, a true global conflict would still require substantial manpower.
In order for it to be politically acceptable for the draft to be reinstated, the belief that a direct threat to our way of life must exist (or be fabricated).

In this world of extreme accessibility to world-wide communications, social networks, and alternative media, I feel that the citizens are not so easily convinced that the "enemy" provided by their governments is an actual threat to them directly.

Perhaps this is naive, wishful thinking, but the sense of global community has grown immensely with the advance in communication technologies, and I believe the citizens understand that the corporate interests which profit from conflict are not sympathetic to their cause.

the Billmeister

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Billmeister
reply to post by Misoir

I very much agree, that, if we all spent money in a concentric circle, keeping the dollars as close to our communities as possible, the economy would be in much better shape.
For example, if it costs $20 dollars more to buy a shirt from the local seamstress, but the seamstress also spends that extra $20 dollars locally, the economy would be in much better shape than shipping off 100% of our money oversees to save a $20 that we have no chance of ever seeing again.

If that makes any sense?

the Billmeister

It makes perfect sense, how can it not ?

In one small paragraph you have found the Devil, here he resides in his singularity, his black hole of greed, everything is contraction, infinite replication within a finite space, down to the singularity.

This does not end in Revolution, it does not end in War,

The singularity brings Chaos, and who benefits from chaos ?

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 08:46 AM
link   
a FALSE flag event blamed on home grown "terror/(anti gov't type)" seems like a rising likelikhood possibly very soon.

it makes sense from many angles. remember this

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join