It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Constant dreams about someone trying to kill me..any dream interpreters??

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 09:25 AM
link   
Okay, I decided to post another thread about my dreams.
Like i've stated before, i'm a huge dreamer. I dream about the craziest and most bizzare things.

With that being said, i've had constant dreams about someone trying to kill me and/or hurt me.
This has been going on for years; When I say years, I mean since I was a child.

It used to happen about at least once a month, but it has slowed down.

I'll have dreams from my brother trying to kill me, to random men trying to take advantage of/kill me.

In almost EVERY dream i've had about that, i always end up shooting them and/or stabbing them to death.

While i'm fighting to the death, in most of them, they won't die right away. Therefore, i'm always having to stab them several times.
I'm also always running in my dreams. Most of the time, it's that slow-can't run that fast in dreams type of running, but it's like i'm always getting attacked by someone.

Any dream interpreters out there?

I am a non-violent woman who has never thought of hurting anyone in such a physical way.

I don't understand why I get these dreams. In serious ones, I can't wake up and after trying hard, i'll wake up sweating and crying.

Anyways, i've learned to deal with it, but I do really wish I wouldn't have these dreams anymore.

Feel free to ask questions and leave comments.

Thanks!

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 09:36 AM
link   
Thank you for sharing your dream. To start off with To dream that you kill someone, indicates that you are on the verge of losing your temper and self-control. Consider the person you have killed and ask yourself if you feel any rage towards him or her in your waking life. Your dream may be expressing some hidden anger. Alternatively, you may be trying to kill an aspect of yourself that is represented by the person killed. Identify the characteristics of this person and ask yourself which of these qualities you are trying to put an end to.

Also, To dream that you are being attacked by someone, indicates your character is being questioned. You feel the need to defend yourself. You are feeling stressed, vulnerable and helpless. You may also be facing with difficult changes in your waking life. Dreaming of an attack provides a way for you to confront these situations that you may be avoiding in real life.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 09:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Pinkgomo653

It could be an aspect of your psyche is trying to initiate you into your shamanic abilities. Shamanic initiation is typically symbolized by a death and resurrection...the psyche speaks through symbol. Its not a literal death. So maybe you should try a different approach. Ask your psyche to be gentle and surrender.

edit on 3-3-2011 by Student X because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 09:43 AM
link   
reply to post by TechVampyre

I don't feel any rage whatsoever when I kill (sounds harsh) that person who is trying to kill me in my dreams.

And I don't have a temper or an anger that I can't control.

The dreams are just these people always trying to get me and I always have to fight back. The only good thing
is I always win(as in kill them first). But other than that, I don't know who these people are.

And I don't hardly think about someone trying to kill me.
Ofcourse, I do have times where I think to myself what I would do if I were alone in the house and someone broke in. But I do that for security reasons and to stragetize because i'm just that kind of person.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 09:48 AM
link   
Dreaming is a strange thing. It's our minds way of dealing with normal life and ensuring that we can operate efficiently and safely whilst awake.
Dreams of murder can mean that you are upset with a person or worried that they are upset with you and your subconcious mind is worried about it. People trying to kill you can mean that you are feeling vulnerable (this is reinforced by the feeling of "running in treacle"). You may often find that after you wake, you feel better about the world. This is due to your mind having dealt with the problem and removed it from your beta mind (or active/concious mind) temporarily.

Question.. Do you meditate?

If not, I suggest you have a crack at it. I tend to try and avoid the "fluffy stuff", but you'll quickly discover what suits you. I like this book but it may well not be your bag! There is also a book by John Novak, but I can't for the life of me remember the name of it!

If you do meditate, I would suggest delving to try and understand the root of this unease and perhaps correct it using a soul retrieval meditation. This can be very effective at dealing with unconsious anxiousness, but do be careful when dealing with any shadow self work, you will have to face your problems, deal with them, and then release them.

It is horrible to suffer from bad dreams, so I wish you all the best.

Good luck and feel free to PM me if you need any advice.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 09:58 AM
link   
You don't mention anything about your family background but I think this dream may be about parentally controlled sibling rivalry. Is your brother, his skills and aptitudes, promoted within the family, possibly at the expense of yours? Do your parents deem boys to have greater social value? If so and being as that all of the protagonists in your dreams are male, I think the dreams indicate your struggle to assert yourself as a valuable human being in your own right.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 10:06 AM
link   
reply to post by teapot

Well i had only one dream of my brother trying to kill me. I think the reason in the dream was that he thought I did something that i didn't do, therefore he tried.

I used to have a great relationship with him, but it faded away when he moved out and joined the marines.
Now, i'm married to the military and we speak once in awhile but it's not like before.

As far as all of them being males,i will say that i was molested when i was a child, only once. And it wasn't even by an adult, he was still a a kid/teen and it honestly doesn't bother me anymore. I have no hate towards him, nor do I wish harm upon him. I am a forgiving person, it's probably my greatest weakness because i'm TOO forgiving.

Now, when i was a teen, i was raped by my ex-bf and i took the whole breakup/incident hard. But I honestly don't think these dreams have to do with him because of the fact that I had these dreams way before him.

As far as parents, they're divorced and both remarried. I had a hard time trusting my dad once he came back into our lives, which later on I would realize it probably was from the incident i had with that kid.
But i'm fine now. I can talk about it and it not bother me.
Tha'ts why I don't understand why I have these dreams..

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 10:08 AM
link   
reply to post by OccultScientist

I don't meditate..and have never tried. I guess I don't because i'm christian and we really don't do that.

I try not to think about these dreams too much because then i'll be going in circles, but they really have died down. I just understand why..

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pinkgomo653
Okay, I decided to post another thread about my dreams.
Like i've stated before, i'm a huge dreamer. I dream about the craziest and most bizzare things.

With that being said, i've had constant dreams about someone trying to kill me and/or hurt me.
This has been going on for years; When I say years, I mean since I was a child.

It used to happen about at least once a month, but it has slowed down.

I'll have dreams from my brother trying to kill me, to random men trying to take advantage of/kill me.

In almost EVERY dream i've had about that, i always end up shooting them and/or stabbing them to death.

While i'm fighting to the death, in most of them, they won't die right away. Therefore, i'm always having to stab them several times.
I'm also always running in my dreams. Most of the time, it's that slow-can't run that fast in dreams type of running, but it's like i'm always getting attacked by someone.

I am a non-violent woman who has never thought of hurting anyone in such a physical way.

I don't understand why I get these dreams. In serious ones, I can't wake up and after trying hard, i'll wake up sweating and crying.

Anyways, i've learned to deal with it, but I do really wish I wouldn't have these dreams anymore.

Feel free to ask questions and leave comments.

Thanks!

Thank you for sharing that.

I am not a dream interpreter or anything, so I will not even try (unless you ask me)
, but I do want to make some suggestions that no one else has mentioned yet.

Since you have had dreams like this somewhat regularly for so long and the fact that killing the attackers does not seem to be stopping these dreams from being so common, I think you should try a new approach if possible.

Here are some things that I suggest:

1. Since you have a lot of these dreams that you can examine, I think you should try to look for all the common patterns/elements/themes/etc in these dreams, so you can use that knowledge to help you do some of my other suggestions.

2. Once you have done that, I suggest use that knowledge to practice recognizing these dreams, in the real world by/through the forms of thought/written language/spoken language/physical action/feelings/etc; so that you can recognize these dreams while you are in the dream, so that you can apply some of my suggestions that I am about to mention.

Examples:

In the real world you can Think about some of these Patterns/Feelings that you recognized from those dreams, in a way that will help you to recognize one of these dreams while dreaming, and hopefully you will remember to use some of the suggestions that I am about to suggest.

In the real world you can Read some of these patterns that you wrote down, in a way that will also help you to recognize these dreams while dreaming, with the hope that you will also remember the suggestions that I will suggest.

In the real world you can Talk about some of these patterns that you remembered, in a way that will help you recognize these dreams while dreaming, and hopefully this will trigger your memories of suggestions to try.

In the real world you can Physically practice some common defenses that will help you defend yourself in these dreams, while you try some of my suggestions.

Etc, etc, etc.

3. At that point you can use that knowledge and would have trained yourself to be ready to hopefully better recognize these dreams while in the dream and you can try to either make the dreams go Lucid and/or start Questioning the dream characters.

Examples:

Since you are a Less-violent person and since Violence does not seem to be fixing the problem, I think you should try to Question the Attackers and/or Command them to Stop.

You can practice this for Lucid and/or Non-Lucid dreams, but being able to go Lucid usually give you more control and power.

Either way, you can try to ask the Attackers Questions such as:

Who are you?

What are you?

What do you want?

Why are you attacking me?

What do you want me to learn?

Is this a dream?

Are you a dream character?

Are you part of me/myself?

Etc.

If the Attacker or Attackers keep/keeps attacking, try using some Dodges and Blocks that you should have practiced in the real world already, to defend yourself while still Questioning and/or trying to Command the Attacker/Attackers.

If you have practiced recognizing the dream Patterns for these dreams and/or have asked the right Questions and/or got the right Answers, you may be able to realize it is a dream and go Lucid, and hopefully take charge of the dream.

Also try to release or let go of any Fear, you should also have already practiced this in the real world, remember to practice letting go of the Fear or letting the Fear pass; before you confront the Attacker/Attackers; because sometimes they seem to Feed off of the Fear and it makes them More Powerful, which is not what you want.

I should have mentioned that earlier, oops.

Once you have dealt with the Fear, then start to Question and/or Command the Attacker/Attackers.

If all of that fails, then you may have to try to Summon and/or Command other dream characters to help you, which you should also have practiced in the real world but I forgot to mentioned that, oops.

These Other Dream Characters, could help defend you while you try to Question and/or Command your Attacker/Attackers.

If all of that fails, then you will have to either Kill the Attacker/Attackers as usual, Run, or Wake Yourself Up; and try again next time.

Good luck,
-John Jr

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 08:37 AM
link   
reply to post by TheDreamerCalledJohn

I will surely try that, but now that i'm thinking of it, I usually don't have time to talk to them..It's just really strange.

Thank you!

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 01:47 PM
link   

yuhs well we see that, because you are not the one attacking, you are being attacked, its a fight or flight kinda thing, first you run "flight" but he is bigger and faster so you have to "fight" for your life. This boils down to fear. we are still scared of monsters even when we grow up, we like to walk around in our day to day life thinking "im not afraid of anyone!" but your dreams are a part of you that doesn't lie, because you are faced with it and you think its real.

funny because i used to be terrified of rape, i would have nightmare after nightmare about being chased by scary men. running in slow motion, even being raped to death. but over the years my fear of men went away, i had real trust issues with men because of my childhood, and that was fading with time, as men worked their way into my life into my heart, and the idea of them killing or hurting me was completely gone.

In a more spiritual way, i also found that if anything happens to this body, really doesn't matter. i would rather be fearless and strong and have more belief in people, then to hold on to this life like it was my only one, because we know ~that which we hold on to so tightly we lose.~ The last "attempted" rape dream failed. i didn't run, i wasn't scared, and when he caught me, he dint do anything at all, because he just wanted to scare me and i wasn't afraid. and i never had them again. I think its a common _fear_ woman have, just like its so common for men to dream *the zombies are attacking* them. same basic gut fear of not being in control of what is going on around you. or fear you will lose this life in a dreadful way because of some impending evil upon us.

hope this helped you a little.

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 02:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Pinkgomo653

You are welcome.
I have some dream characters that attack me in my dreams sometimes, usually by surprise, so I do not get to talk to them usually (since I have not really practiced those suggestions I gave you, enough or much at all
) ; I call them Interrupting Dream Characters.

They usually appear at the end of a normal dream and attack me, I seem to be their target, sometimes when my dreams go lucid, one of these characters will attack; while all the other dream characters seem to follow my orders, but not the Interrupting Dream Characters/Character.

I usually wake myself up to escape and/or I fight them and/or I run, and sometimes I win; but usually I do not get to end/finish the battle, since I usually accidentally wake myself up from the dreams.

I have tried to talk/question one of them before, but I could not see it (it seemed to be hidden in the darkness of the dream world itself, it was using my dream world against me; but it did not respond, and it kept using my dream world to attack me so I got tired of wasting my time fighting since it was too cowardly to face me itself so I woke myself up from the dream.

There sometimes seem to be a force/leader behind these characters, but that force/leader does not show itself; in lucid dreams they seem to maybe be controlled by my subconscious/part of my brain and it seems to be fighting my conscious side/another part of my brain; since I usually suddenly have my dream go lucid, which must sometimes cause a conflict between parts of my brain or something.

In non-lucid dreams and a few of my lucid dreams, they seem to be an outside force that has entered my dream world or something.

Maybe if I practice some of my own suggestions, I will get a chance to talk/question one of them again during one of these somewhat rare & random dreams where an Interrupting Dream Character(s) shows up to attack me.

This week I actually got to kill one of them, well some of my other dream characters (3 dogs), killed them; with my help of course, so that was a rare victory for us.

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pinkgomo653
(Maybe I can help but I need to know a little more information! Estimatedprophet)

Like I've stated before, I'm a huge dreamer. I dream about the craziest and most bizarre things.

("Describe you relation between you and your brother and this is very important, I need to know if he believes in God or not, because this will help find out the truth of such hatred against you in your dreams!")

In almost EVERY dream I've had about that, i always end up shooting them and/or stabbing them to death.

("Where or how you get your weapons is also very important so that it can help me better to understand in what type of scenario you are at, so that I can assist you more!")

While I'm fighting to the death, in most of them, they won't die right away. Therefore, I'm always having to stab them several times.

("I would also need to know some information if you may, about were you are when these things take place, describing some detail would be very helpful for me to better understand your dream.")
("As what I do to help describe or interpret dreams from other people I would have to first live them out myself in order to get the most accurate feel of the dream as if it were one of my own dreams living out everything in detail!")

I'm also always running in my dreams. Most of the time, it's that slow-can't run that fast in dreams type of running, but it's like I'm always getting attacked by someone.

("You had these dreams in the past since child hood you said. Then what I need for you to do is to get the most important details and compress them together for me. If most are the same then pile up details on top of another, kind of going over your dreams in your mind and write them down on paper first, then when you feel that you have enough information for me then post if you like!")
[email protected]

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 09:44 PM
link   
i always have dreams about people trying to killing me and im always trying to escape weather it was me escaping from a house or having to hop in the driver seat and try and drive away. one time my dad was the one trying to kill me but that happen once. i also have dreams about being locked in houses with some guy trying to hurt me. i'm always put in a sitution where i have to escape. I've been having these dream ever since i can remember, which is weird because i'm terrified that people are trying to kill me when i'm not dreaming so dreaming about my worst fear every night makes me wonder why i even have the dreams. I'm not violent and i hate fighting so why am i always having dreams that someone is trying to kill me? and its not like like its once a month but more like everyday;every time i dream. please if anyone could help!!

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 11:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Pinkgomo653
reply to post by teapot

Well i had only one dream of my brother trying to kill me. I think the reason in the dream was that he thought I did something that i didn't do, therefore he tried.

I used to have a great relationship with him, but it faded away when he moved out and joined the marines.
Now, i'm married to the military and we speak once in awhile but it's not like before.

Tha'ts why I don't understand why I have these dreams..

As I suspected.

www.businessinsider.com...

This maybe the reason. Don't accept any Brain Implant / Chips.

As for your brother is a Marine, time will tell whether or not he is endangered depending who is calling the shots in the military.
edit on 19-8-2014 by makemap because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2016 @ 11:56 AM
link   
a reply to: Pinkgomo653

Hey I was just reading about your dreams that you have about people trying to kill you. Honestly they sound exactly like some of my dreams and after further reading your comments, you sound so similar to me.

Last night I just had a dream about someone trying to kill me and I was using a hammer to try and kill them, but like your dreams, it takes so many hits to kill them. Although I usually awake before either I can kill them or they can kill me.

I also don't feel any rage when I attempt to kill the person who is trying to kill me. Just and urgency and frustration at the fact that my multiple hits won't kill them (and they are trying to kill me!).

"Ofcourse, I do have times where I think to myself what I would do if I were alone in the house and someone broke in. But I do that for security reasons and to stragetize because i'm just that kind of person." --- this sounds exactly like something I would say

Also I saw you posted about zombie apocalypse which is funny because I literally own the zombie survival guide.

edit on 5-6-2016 by Lgirl because: adding more information

posted on Jun, 6 2016 @ 11:31 PM
link   

for many years also he dreaned the violence always chasing him

the close people will try to kill you in attempt to force yu to fight them

if you fight them they will continue, the dream will resolve if you take another action

or with time...
dreams spiral in a 3 year sequence

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 03:32 PM
link   
you have grudge to people and power to bring them to your dreams, when you end hurting them, you shouldn't worry, believe in KARMA and accept the possibility of them having envy on you, which is strong in this season, and let them fall, here I'm expectin that you have your life in line or in atleast close to what you would it LOVE to be.

Atleast I can bring people to my dreams pretty fast when i cross with them, or they with me, and that place is the other world, that everyone suicidalist is hopin to achieve when we die, IF someone constantly hurts you in your dreams, then you would have done something wrong to them, and they need repay in this world so they break in to your dreams

posted on Nov, 17 2016 @ 02:22 PM
link   
I actually have the same situation. As long as I can remember I've had dreams like that. I don't get it because in my actual life I'm super cheerful and friendly and all about peace and compassion. Honestly it's happened so frequently (and graphically) for so long the dreams barely even make me blink anymore once I get past the initial moment of processing after waking up.

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 07:56 AM
link   

Hi are you still experiencing these dreams? What youve described in your post is exactly what's happening to me till this day. There were a couple of things that ive rried that worked temporarily. Were you able to find a soln? I would like to discuss this mutual issue in depth with you.

top topics

join