It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Happy days are here again, Hiring may begin to pick up soon, data suggest!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 09:01 AM
link   
Ran across this story this morning and got a sparkle of hope for my children who are / have been intro level to the working class. Hiring may begin to pick up soon, data suggest
Ok sarcasm off, i was not aware of any jobs and or job markets created recently, i am not aware of any real building going on.
So..... ..... ..... ...
Where are these magical jobs coming from?
I think the media might be confusing, "If we can't see it it ain't happening" with reality, they talk of the unemployement claims going down, but show no new growth.
Do they really expect us to believe this story, this far into the second great depression?
Do people really buy this?
I have 6 kids, some are in college but even part time jobs to help them through school are almost non existant, and part time jobs are much like a budding musician, "Can't feed a family".
Ohh i forgot, the military is still hiring, not much navy or air force, but the ground forces sure are hiring.
Maybe that is where this magical growth is coming from, i dunno.
Maybe we could go to war with China and figure out the technology of building a factory, as it seems we forgot how to do that.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 09:08 AM
link   

Jobless claims tumbled to a nearly three-year low last week and signs grew that companies have squeezed every drop of toil out of their workers, offering hope that the pace of hiring will soon improve

Ug this is a horrible article! So they decide that since worker productivity couldn't *possibly* get any higher, then companies will just start hiring again.

"Often at this stage of the recovery, when these signals are in place, we see a surge in hiring," said John Ryding, an economist with RDQ Economics.

Employers probably added 175,000 new jobs in February, economists predict. That would mark an improvement from an anemic 36,000 in January when snowstorms and bad weather hurt job gains. The government releases the employment report for February on Friday.

Here they complete ignore the fact that this recesssion has been shown to be differant from others. And make a guess at the hiring rate for February.

At the same time, economists think the unemployment rate edged up to 9.1 percent in February as more jobseekers — perhaps feeling better about their prospects — stream into the labor market looking for work.

And here, for some reason, unemployment surges upwards because more people are suddenly looking for work?

Ok, maybe I just need a cuppa coffe.. this makes no sense to me at all.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 09:13 AM
link   
reply to post by rogerstigers

Ok so apparently it isn't just me being cynical, I am feeling a bit better.
I remember when i got out of High school way back there were jobs as far as the eye could see and college was not truly needed.
I made my way on construction, and did ok, not stellar but i never wanted to be billy gates.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 09:26 AM
link   
I wouldn't get my hopes up for too long my friend, it's probably propaganda. Even if it is true I believe it will be short lived once the bubble bursts again but I sincerely hope I am wrong. I do not like at all where we are headed in the long and short term. The dollar isn't worth spit and inflation is only getting worse with high gas prices. Do be vigilant though, there's nothing wrong with hoping for the best as long as you're prepared for the worst.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 09:28 AM
link   
They can always predict hiring will get better soon. Seasonal jobs start coming back now through April.
A no -brainer without any government help.
I can predict they will be gone october though November also when those same people get laid off again.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 09:29 AM
link   
reply to post by g146541

I've never really understood how it can be terrific news that only 300,000+ people entered unemployment in the past week.

How about this:

Apr 1, 2010 - US Jobless Claims Drop to This Year's Low
Apr 2, 2010 - First-Time US Jobless Claims Rise Unexpectedly
Aug 7, 2010 - US Jobless Claims Drop Last Week But Remain High
Aug 26, 2010 - US Jobless Claims Drop More Than Expected
Sep 2, 2010 - Jobless Claims Drop
Oct 8, 2010 - US Jobless Claims Drop for 2nd Week
Oct 8, 2010 - New Jobless Claims Rise in Latest Week
Oct 28, 2010 - Weekly Jobless Claims Drop Sharply to 434,000
Nov 3, 2010 - First-Time Jobless Claims Drop Slightly Last Week
Nov 4, 2010 - US Jobless Claims Rise More Than Expected
Dec 30, 2010 - Weekly Initial Jobless Claims Drop Below 400,000 for First...

I could go on - I listed some conflicting stories as well in italics. Since 2007, an estimated 8.4 million jobs have been lost (disappeared) in the US.

join