It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Survivor: Redemption Island...Boston Rob vs. Russell (possible spoilers)

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 11:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

I looked up that Stephanie girl, last week. I don't think I remember her.

Anyways, I have a couple things to mention about this week's episode.
I will not say I actually like Phillip, but if he can continue to keep his shorts on so I don't have to see his pink panties, then I want him sticking around for awhile. His views, and the goofy ways that he describes things, cracks me up. He really is a very funny person (even though it's unintentional).

I also liked Rob's statement, something like- "I don't want these girls to start working. I don't want people to actually like them where they may get votes later on." As this season continues, I am gradually leaning more and more towards actually wanting to see Rob win for once.

Andrea, i think is her name. Her losing her lil schoolgirl crush on Matt. That was ridiculous. You could see her jealously. She reminded me of high school.

Ok, now this is an observation I have noticed in every episode this season. It may only be me, but it sure does seem that Jeff's live-action commentary during the challenges is way over-exaggerated. It annoys me just watching the shortened version. I guarantee it would drive me nuts if I was actually there. It just seems like he is talking a lot more now during the challenges, than he did in the past. Almost like a forced fake emotion, and he is trying to hard.

edit on 3/25/11 by BrokenCircles because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 09:18 AM
link   
reply to post by BrokenCircles

I think it's because of the rather lackluster crop of contestants this season. I mean, most are pretty much dullards, and they keep voting off anyone interesting. It's got to be frustrating from a producing standpoint.

Rob is simply running away with the game on his side, and the other tribe now finds itself forced to cull the alliance (which will make it all the easier for Rob and his crew to weed them out when they merge)....

Personally, the ideal situation is to be in the final two with Russell (as he's been there twice and STILL never got voted the money)...so you know you'll get it by default...but these idiots screwed that pooch...

Eventually though, someone will want to knock Rob off his pedestal, and that's when it will get interesting.

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 10:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
Eventually though, someone will want to knock Rob off his pedestal, and that's when it will get interesting.

A thought just now came to me while reading that comment.

There very well could already be talks/plans being made about getting Rob out, that we have not been shown. They could be intentionally showing us only scenes that make Rob look better, just for the reason of making it that much more shocking when/if he 'gets his feet knocked from under him.'

I really have no idea, but it just seems odd how most of them are letting Rob stay in control.

Well, or until Lieutenant :shk: Phillip takes the
King's Crown.

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 10:19 AM
link   
reply to post by BrokenCircles

Phillip is kind of like Russell. He'd be great to take to the end, because he's too crazy to get the votes for the money. But, in trying to keep him, Rob's going to break his alliance, and that's what I think will happen. The merge is the real factor in this, when it happens, and the numbers when it does.

Rob's idol is another one. Unless they blindside him, he can use it to stay, but honestly, I think the ONLY way he'll go is a complete blindside, and I don't see it in the cards yet.

We are definitely shown a very stripped and edited version. If you go to the fansites, Jeff's blog, etc., you get some more details, so that's kind of cool in a show like this.

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 10:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

I think I have only actually looked at Jeff;s blog once.
That's something I forgot about. I usually don't actually watch a season until it's almost finished. I don't like waiting lol. Last season for example; I think I watched week 1 & 2, then I didn't watch any for a couple months. When it was getting close to the end, 2 or 3 weeks left, I watched them all to get caught up. I would hate to accidentally see a commercial on TV and find out who wins, so I just made sure to be caught up before the finale.

I don't know. I'm weird like that, but this season I'm doing it different. I'll check out his blog later.

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 11:00 AM
link   
Well, the loser tribe finally voted based on strength, but unfortunately for them, it's a week too late. With next week's merge, we'll see what's up. Personally, I think they should have mixed up the tribes after week 3, but oh well. Stephanie was an idiot during the duel. In a memory game, who turns over a tile you KNOW first? What a bonehead move, and it cost her the whole deal, even though she was behind. Was just the final nail in her coffin.

Rob continues his dominance, and seems all but unbeatable. With the numbers on their side, only the return of Matt is an unknown factor. He can side with the others, and make it even, or side with those who voted him out, to basically decimate the losers...before turning on their own.

Or, will folks try and get rid of threats like Rob and Grant first? Should get a lot more interesting...

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 12:59 PM
link   
Boston Rob continues to dominate, and knocking off the other tribe one-by-one. His idea of the "buddy system", where none of his people are ever alone, is proving to be a masterful stroke in preventing the other side from forcing cracks in the alliance.

Phil is still as crazy as ever, and Rob's wisdom in keeping him around is becoming apparent. (although, the guy can't keep a secret to save his life).

The other team though, helpless as they may be, have only themselves to blame, as they're barely even trying to make a crack in the alliance. If it was me, I'd be doing all I could to play on Rob's paranoia (a trait evident if you've ever seen any of his previous appearances in the show)....and break it up.

Guess we'll see if the winner of Redemption duel comes back and shakes things up.

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 01:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

I don't know how Rob does it...his little puppies all listen to exactly what he says...and they rat each other out. How do you tell a grown man not to eat fish because the other team caught it???

I think Rob will suffer the same fate that Russel has...he will get to the end, but I don't think he has a chance to win.

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 04:48 PM
link   
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

I tend to agree. I think the big thing with the fish was also the idea of getting sick. That fish Rob picked up was pretty stiff, I wouldn't eat it either. Being stomach sick is one thing, being stomach sick in the game, could be a million dollar mistake. I'd rather starve a bit too, than chance it. We may see some sick survivors next week.

Thing is, they know if they do what he says, they'll get further in the game. It's EASY, and almost zero risk...while the other tribe is still there. Once they do get all of them off though...that's when the game really changes. My prediction is Grant (as he's a threat), then Audrea (outlived her purpose), taking Natalie and Phil to the final. Of course, the other wild card is the winner of the Redemption duel, but regardless, Rob has the numbers now to make that a non-issue.

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 10:34 AM
link   
Another one bites the dust, and team Rob is unstoppable...mostly because the doomed ones left REFUSE to play the game, and just take it, from all appearances.

The next three tribal councils seem to be predictable, the remaining three from the loser tribe. Russell has to just be laughing his head off...

Worse, there is NOTHING they can do about it...except to win immunity (and do so in a row, continuously).

Even the impact of redemption island is null, as Rob simply has too many numbers on his side. Even if BOTH of the winners of the challenge came back in the game, they STILL wouldn't have enough to defeat Rob's numbers. (5 vs. 6)

It won't really get interesting until after those 3 are gone, and they have to turn on each other. I'm predicting at THAT point, Rob will have the target on him (but, he'll pull the idol and use it, if he isn't wearing the immunity necklace). Rob will try and get Grant off first, I'm assuming, as a) he's a threat in challenges, and b) he's so under the radar, he could get the votes.

Rob's real issue is (as he put it) finding public enemy #2. He already has Phil as a great choice for the final...but he needs someone else that's hated if he's to win it. I just don't see it happening. Whomever that third person is (likely Natalie), she is almost guaranteed to win.

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 11:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

I find it very odd that they voted out Julie last night instead of Steve (who almost won immunity) or Ralph. To me this suggest Rob has a plan he hasn't revealed yet...and that may be to bring Phil and one member of the other tribe to the finals. No one is going to vote for Phil, the old Zap will vote for the remaining Zap and that leaves Rob's old tribe members to have to decide to give it to their leader (because they have allowed him to lead) or to the other tribe who Rob has conditioned them to dislike.

If he ends up bringing Steve...there will be so much Phil/Steve drama that Rob might look like a saint sitting next to those two.

I think next week we see a split in Rob's alliance.

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 08:26 AM
link   

Interesting idea, but if he brought Steve, the rest of his tribe on the jury would turn on him. I'm a bit puzzled too though, I would have thought Steve was the logical choice to get rid of, but it really doesn't matter much, as all 3 will go in short order, barring immunity. (and even then, just one of the other 2 will go).

If I was Rob, and one of the others won immunity, I'd make it a standing order, we vote for who we agree on, but if one gives up the necklace to that person (in attempt to thwart Rob's Zombies and make them think for themselves at tribal), then they all vote for the person giving up the necklace.

Right now, that's about the ONLY tactic left for the old Zap tribe, and even that stinks. (and can be thwarted by the above step).

I think he's going to try and stoke the fires a bit, and see who emerges as public enemy #2 (Phil is already number 1, and right now, Rob is number 2...so he needs another to take to the final, who won't get votes).

As it stands, that 3rd person (now) is guaranteed to win vs. Rob and Phil (and Rob knows this, I believe).

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 10:51 AM
link   
I think Rob knows Phil is a nut and rubs everyone wrong.
And he wants to keep him to the end because of this.
With Rob and Phil at the end, who'd win? I think Rob.
I'm a Russell fan, but he's gone, so I wanna see Rob take it all.

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 12:31 PM
link   
reply to post by tom502

I'm the same way, hated to see Russell get out so early, but he dug his own grave when his small alliance was public. He needed to adapt right then, and he didn't.

For Rob though, the factor is that the last few seasons have had a final THREE for the Jury to decide on. So, if just him and Phil, yeah, he'd likely get it, but with a third...that third person is nearly guaranteed the money, unless the jury hates him/her more than Rob.

Right now, nobody fits the bill, so Rob is looking for that person (he'll likely need to "make" that person be such a one)....

In addition, as soon as the other three are gone, the zombies will likely set their sites on their fearless leader, (a dumb move, but they will, because I think at heart, they're idiots).

The wise person, is the one who tries to be with Rob and Phil in the final (guaranteed money)...but they'll try and get both of them out, like the idiots they are, I bet....

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 09:36 AM
link   
All the Zapetera tribe members are gone (well, 3 of them are on Redemption Island along with Matt).

I suspect next week will be the duel first (I guess battle is a better term) between the 4 to see who stays and who goes. The big question, how many will stay? Will only 1 go home, or 2, maybe even 3?

My bet is 3, with the winner coming back into the tribe.

Either way, it will be interesting. If more come back into the game, it'll just be another slaughter as they are sent packing. If not, then we'll see the remaining people finally have to turn on each other.

Andrea seems the easy vote out, but Rob also has to get rid of Grant soon, as he's a match in challenges. Also, Rob has the idol, which could really screw up any attempt to oust him by those trying to make a big move. Next week should be interesting....

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 11:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

I have a feeling Rob's zombies might start to think a little for themselves and vote out Phil next week.

Just a hunch...but in the clips for next week, it would explain Rob's comments.

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Yep, that was an interesting comment wasn't it? Lets us know that something major is changing. I think it might have something more to do with what's happening with the Redemption Island folks though...

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 03:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher
reply to post by Gazrok

Rob's zombies

Bwahahaha priceless! Thanks for the smile!

I haven't been contributing to this thread but know you two are being read

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 10:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Whisper67

I would love to take credit for that phrase...but I must give credit to Gazrok for that.

I believe he used it first.

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 01:40 PM
link   

I'm sure I probably heard it somewhere too, hehe... The next episode should be really interesting though.

How many, and who will go home from Redemption Island?
Will any from RI come back in the game?
With only one episode between now and the finale, how are they going to send 7 people home (to the jury) in that short span?

Now's the time for people other than Rob to make big moves, and where Rob starts getting paranoid. His biggest fear isn't losing, it's going home with that idol in his pocket after a blindside.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join