It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

British ministry of defence releasing 35 new UFO files

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 08:26 AM
link   
ufos.nationalarchives.gov.uk...

The files contain a wide range of UFO-related documents, drawings, letters and parliamentary questions covering the years 2000-2005.

DETAILS of a potential 'alien invasion' just off the Bristol Channel were among thousands of close-encounter documents released by the Ministry of Defence (MoD) today.

The RAF were besieged with calls from the public reporting six small 'flying saucers' in locations which formed a perfect line from the Isle of Sheppey to the Bristol Channel.

Previously-classified records show that this 'War of the Worlds' incident in 1967 was, for a few hours at least, treated as a potentially real 'alien invasion' of the UK.

Four police forces, bomb disposal units, the army and the MoD's intelligence branch were all mobilised before it emerged the saucers were a 'rag-day' hoax by engineering students from Farnborough Technical College.

Soruce:
www.thisisbristol.co.uk...< br />
Still at work, going to open and read the files when I get home! Enjoy!

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 08:52 AM
link   
cant wait to read about the police helicopter that chased the ufo from near newport down to devon (i assume thats the bristol one mentioned above?)

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 09:20 AM
link   
reply to post by kamatty

Yes, the second link is a Bristol local newspaper. I am not sure if the incident mentioned by you will be sourced yet - when did it happen? I also recall one about two years ago, just across the Bristol chanel involving hellicopters folowing an UFO (from Bristol to Newport )

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 09:22 AM
link   
Already 2 threads about the release of these documents. Just sayin.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 09:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Thunda

Well, this one can be closed then, i do not mind. Please just post the other link in here so I can follow the developement ?

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 10:09 AM
link   
Looks like this is the first confirmation from a major world government that the United States is involved in a UFO cover up. This statement is very telling:

"But the British documents also reveal that that report relied heavily on CIA and U.S. Air Force information supplied to the UK. It notes that U.S. policy at the time "was to debunk the subject and restrict the release of information to the public about UFO sightings made by the armed services."

after this, I don't think its time to close this thread

www.cbsnews.com...

edit on 3-3-2011 by Greensboro1978 because: edit text

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 10:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Romanian
reply to post by Thunda

Well, this one can be closed then, i do not mind. Please just post the other link in here so I can follow the developement ?

Ok, heres one:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

And heres the other:

Cheers!

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 10:53 AM
link   
Wrong post

edit on 3-3-2011 by thesaint because: wrong post

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 12:14 PM
link   
Nice! Now if the US of A would just follow suit.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 02:54 PM
link   
Already an ongoing thread here:

new topics

top topics

join