It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Want to know what a average american think's? Ask me anything i give you a answer

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheAmused

Originally posted by larrydavid
Why is marijuana illegal?

When will it become legal?

Do most Americans think it should be legal, or at least decriminalized?

Mary jane is illegal simply because People are stuck on the old stigmata.
If you smoke mary jane next will be meth.

It will never become legal as most think.
See the anti-smoking nazi's put a cabosh on that.
Reason is 2nd hand smoke.
Legal pot smoker's even outside the walmart lol a little kid walks buy it now got 2nd hand mary jane smoke lol
By there standards.
So no mary jane will never be legal at least not like we hope.

When you said that you'd give an answer to any question you didn't have to be right? One reason not put forth in this video below is that cotton industry didn't want competition from the cheaper and easier to grow plant. Any other gems of wisdom?

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 03:56 PM
link   
reply to post by TheAmused

...according to you, the average / typical male usofa-er exaggerates their work hours per week, is barely literate, prefers "hang em high" vigilante action to justice via courts and likes to get into fights even at the ripe age one must be to have worked for 30 years...

...thank goodness there really is no such thing as an average / typical usofa-er...

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 04:11 PM
link   
The OP doesn't seem to write like a native speaker of English to me, for what its worth. I would assume the "average American" of whatever ethnicity would be a native English speaker.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 04:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by silent thunder
The OP doesn't seem to write like a native speaker of English to me, for what its worth. I would assume the "average American" of whatever ethnicity would be a native English speaker.

You read my mind, at least in the original poster not having English as his native language. The OP'r made a few common mistakes such as transposing the words "a" and "the," among a few others. Anyway, most Americans realize we are not a people who can be pigeon holed. Most of us do not walk around packing, or even think about it. Among the few basic traits I will ascribe to most Americans is, 1: We have an innate distrust of "the government". You fill in the blanks about that one. 2: We all think our taxes are to high (thats not unique to the USA by any means) and some countries tax one to death. We actually have a rather low tax rate over all, compared to many techno-equivilent nations. 3: We really are more likely to believe in "conspiracies" Truth is some are real, most are a misinterpretation of "cooperative behavior", which is a fundamental social trait, actualized. 4: We often have little interest, or awareness of events not in our country or directly affecting us. 5: From experience teaching at the university level, our knowledge of basic science, and history is for the most part, ghastly. 6: Most do not keep "an eye or ear" tuned to a news channel, or bother watching news at all. That presents its own problems.

I have traveled extensively, and more importantly lived overseas for years. I learned more about my own country while living over seas. While in college I had the great fortune to rent a room from a senior reporter&producer for his countries main news station (TV). Wow, I learned a great deal from him. About us.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 04:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rocky Black
Just wanted to say thanks to all you hard core blood pumping americans out there who really love your country and love being free to come and go as you please.

Thanks for staying true.

Thanks for defending.

Thanks for being you.

Don't tread on us.

As long as you don't use the airports and have to undertake either a scanning or molestation from the TSA!!

Ever

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 05:03 PM
link   
If you are an American from the rural southern state, there is nothing of "average American" in you, or other American's from similar backgrounds.

You are a very small, and fortunately dying, percentage of the American people.
Now, go buy yourself another Flag (made in China, of course), sing the "Star Spangled Banner" a couple of times, join the Armed Forces, and go and fight in some forsaken place, around the world...except you will not know the difference...

P.S. - Try not to embarrass the States too much, they are already sufficiently Isolated, and despised...

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 05:10 PM
link   
reply to post by bphi1908

That's one theory the other is that William Randolph Hearst put pressure on the Government to make growing hemp illegal as it was a direct threat to the production of paper.

Hearst had invested heavily in forests and was afraid that hemp could be used to produce a type of paper and his assets would become worthless.

Hemp was a product of the future and farmers were being encouraged to grow it for its many properties. In fact Henry Ford built a prototype car using hemp resin. It is ten times stronger than steel and a lot less lighter, therefore making the vehicle much more fuel efficient. In tests the body work was smashed with a sledge hammer and it didn't make a dent.

If the U.S had continued to promote the farming of hemp then it would have brought them out of the Depression much sooner.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 06:17 PM
link   
reply to post by John_Rodger_Cornman

What does the average american think about video games?
What does the average american think about the nwo?
What does the average american think about carcinogenic food additives?
What does the average american think about flourine,chrorine ions in the water or the drugs in the water?
What does the average american think about the bailout theft?
What does the average american think about the globalist agenda?

Whats wrong with video games?

NWO? like in wrestling with hulk holgan?

The what in my food? lol If it hasn't killed us yet odds are it isnt

Never heard one person in my entire life complain about fluoride.
I have heard someone say city water tastes funny because of chlorine.

The bailout..LOL
Alot of us called it flat out wrong.
They needed to let them close.
Its how america works...apparently they was bad at there businesses and it failed.
I see no reason what so ever to bail them out.
You let them close a NEW and better replacement will come from the ashes.

The average american has no idea what the globalist agenda is..

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 06:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheAmused
reply to post by John_Rodger_Cornman

What does the average american think about flourine,chrorine ions in the water or the drugs in the water?

Whats wrong with video games?

NWO? like in wrestling with hulk holgan?

The what in my food? lol If it hasn't killed us yet odds are it isnt

Never heard one person in my entire life complain about fluoride.
I have heard someone say city water tastes funny because of chlorine.

The bailout..LOL
Alot of us called it flat out wrong.
They needed to let them close.
Its how america works...apparently they was bad at there businesses and it failed.
I see no reason what so ever to bail them out.
You let them close a NEW and better replacement will come from the ashes.

The average american has no idea what the globalist agenda is..

I thought you were the "Typical American"? Now the "Average American", I don't see a lot of answers here.

Here's a question what are you doing on ATS if you can't pass conspiracy theory 101 - the globalist agenda or fluoridated water, of which I think you have been drinking way too much of.

I look forward to your answer and probable new name.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 10:59 PM
link   
Why do you believe that amongst the hundreds of countries and governments of the world that you are anything special or particularly different.

All peoples are trying to achieve freedom in expression, freedom in law, freedom in religion, a good standard of living and a reasonable level of hapiness and satisfaction within those costraints.

For the US to barge in to other countries and impose their preferences on other peoples is the height of arrogance and ignorance.

A far better way would be to quietly observe other peoples and cultures, enter their prescence gently, reverentially, and in such a way as to preserve the uniqueness of what they have.

Then if you see something worth keeping, feel free to integrate that with your culture.

Copy the best of the best. Forget the rest.

No country, people or culture on earth is as good as they could be. Strive to improve!

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 11:23 PM
link   
Yupp, you are certainly AVERAGE. As in I would grade your life as a C. Congratulations.

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 06:08 AM
link   
reply to post by bphi1908

the AVERAGE american does not care about it or is even a passing thought.
and you know it.

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 09:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by wasco2

Originally posted by John_Rodger_Cornman

Love me them video games, that Madden Football is da bomb!

Sounds like one of them Vietnamese immigrants.

FDC don't allow none of that garbage.

Huh? Ain't nothin in my water 'cept water.

Don't know about no theft but that nice Prez Obama said the bailout was a good thing.

Now you're just being silly, how can a planet have an agenda?

I may be exaggerating some but not by much.

You can't be serious. We're all screwed!

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 11:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by John_Rodger_Cornman
I may be exaggerating some but not by much.

You can't be serious. We're all screwed!

I was being funny but the last line was serious. I'v had a few jobs over the years that put me in direct contact with the "general public" and it's pretty discouraging. Most of them are as dumb as a box of rocks. The one irrefutable example I can point to is the election of Obama as president. The man is an empty suit with dubious to non-existent qualifications for the job yet there he squats in the Oval Office.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join