It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dolphins (and Whales) - Their cruel treatment

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 05:53 AM
link   
I watched in horror 'The Cove' last night, and whilst it's been covered on here before, the plight of these beautiful and intelligent creatures goes on...including the suffering they are experiencing due to the poisoning of the Gulf of Mexico!

The link below takes you to the website of the OPS (Oceanic Preservation Society). For those of you who care, who can, and who want to... Please join the cause, donate, email, write and support where you can their aims and objectives, to stop this cruel practice.

www.opsociety.org...

Thank you (-:

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 06:33 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 07:28 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 07:55 AM
link   
You can also make donations to SeaShepherd

they make a real difference to

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 08:29 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 02:36 PM
link   
reply to post by RANDOMguess

You know when you think you have come across the lowestof the lowest. This member comes along. Shows to me you have no humanity for anything else but yourslelf. Disgusting to say the least.

Dolphins are the most intelligent animals on thisplanet they should be cherished not killed. Whales should alsobe cherished, before long both will be extinct as a result of those whom are not even humanwhom hunt them for fun or for food.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 02:40 PM
link   
reply to post by ckitch

it is kind of sad how we treat animals in general but in this case we find one of the very few animals with nearhuman level intelligance and we try to kill them off

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 02:46 PM
link   
Dolphins are only intelligent in some areas, yet have below average in intelligence in others.

For example, dolphins in the cove do not jump over the nets, even so they are perfectly physically capable of doing so. The same when they are in captivity; they will seldom leap out of the pool that they are confined to, even so there is a bigger one next door.

They have also been known to save humans from shark attacks, despite the fact that the human is a potential predator, and they could be effectively signing their own death warrant.

These are not very bright things to do.

Intelligence aside, they have been known to gang-rape female dolphins, and have been observed to bash the life out of porpoises just for fun.

I don't like animal cruelty or eating animals, but I fail to see why dolphins or whales should be given ''special treatment'' by some people who let their personal opinions, tinged by wishful thinking, and a non-factual, almost semi-mystical view of these animals, get in the way of a logical appraisal of how they should be treated.

edit on 3-3-2011 by Sherlock Holmes because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by RANDOMguess
I am with you OP hate Dolphins they always get caught up in my net then I have to use the spear gun to eliminate them. And lately my fin soup has been tasting rather oily...sup with that I thought Dolphins were suppose to be smart and they are drinking oil...if they are so smart the wouldn't even be in the sea...fools

Sorry, I can't find the words to reply to your post

Sometimes I feel ashamed of being labeled human. The sooner mother nature cleanses herself the better.

http://w ww.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/3443603/Reward-of-26000-is-offered-to-catch-an-air-rifle-attacker-who-has-killed-31-swans.html

edit on 3/3/2011 by lewtra because: To add last sentence

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 03:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Laurauk

You only love dolphins for there brains...and I love them for there delicious flesh, we are both shallow in our own way. But you are more shallow because you only save the smart animals. You are despicable if your mum could only keep one person around out of you and your dad an choose him coz he is smarter...how would you feel?
edit on 3-3-2011 by RANDOMguess because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 04:05 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 05:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by RANDOM guess
p.s four flags does anyone care about these poor dolphins, or is it something to do with the disgruntled OP.

Naa, It is to do with the (man made) disaster's all over the planet...but I should not feed the trolls..leason learned.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 06:52 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 03:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Sherlock Holmes

Sorry squire, you are missing the point...

1. This is not about the level of Dolphin intelligence
2. This IS about the painful spearing of a very sensory aware creature.
3. I care for all living creature, but it's a fact that if you have a higher intelligence then any pain is likely to be more traumatic.
4. As for jumping over nets... That's not even worth a discussion. The fact is some did and some didn't. It's
the wrongful killing that is the topic, not their ability to escape.

Cheers

edit on 4-3-2011 by ckitch because: typo

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 03:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Laurauk

Thank you for the support - I was feeling like I was standing here alone for a moment.

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 03:48 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 03:52 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 04:07 AM
link   
People need to realize we as a Human are cruel, opportunistic and all that. When you can understand inner nature of humankind, all things make sense. If you deny it, ok it's your right and so on. I understand deepest and darkest of human psyche, so there's very little what I can't understand conserning human behavior. I myself have found some pretty disturbed and sickening thoughts in my head during my 31 years of living. Do I condone any of this messed up behavior? No ofc not. I just understand it and I can relate pretty much in any situation, and find reason in it all, however messed up it is.

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 06:22 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 07:10 AM
link   
Please, stay on the topic of the thread.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join