It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Norway Spiral: Possible Tractor Beam Test ?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 03:52 AM
link   
Ok wow

Its a strange feeling when you stumble over something like this and think i've seen that somewhere before

Lets see what you guys & gals make of this

Not sure this is in the correct section of the forums but since the spiral was and there maybe some connection i posted it here

firstly...

The idea hinges on the use of a laser whose beam is of a "specific shape"

This "Specific Shape"

The unmistakable Norway Spiral "specific shape"

Another thing i found very interesting which ties this all in nicely was there was also a China Spiral back some 10years ago?....

Now, in a paper on the Arxiv server, researchers from Hong Kong and China have calculated the conditions required to create a laser-based "pull".

Hmm...

Please read here for full article
www.bbc.co.uk...

So some people will tell you the Norway spiral was a missile some people even suggested it was some form of unknown missile defence shield or HAARP? maybe it was both? Russia test fired a Bulava missile over Barent sea and took it down/out with a tractor beam?

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 07:35 AM
link   
Sorry i dont have anything to post, just wanted to say that I thought exactly the same thing as you when I read the same story on bbc news this morning

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 08:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by kamatty
Sorry i dont have anything to post, just wanted to say that I thought exactly the same thing as you when I read the same story on bbc news this morning

Thanks for the reply anyway's

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 09:13 AM
link   
reply to post by BRITWARRIOR

First of all BRITWARRIOR, I need to point out that the picture you posted to represent the ideal shape of the lazer beam, with relation to the tractor beam , has a pretty glaring difference , when compared with the norway spiral . Your picture of the shape of the beam, shows a series of circles, individual shapes, with gaps all the way around them. The norway spiral however, is just that, a spiral... that is a single line which travels around in an ever increasing circular fashion. Simply put, the norway spiral was a single continuous line, whereas your tractor beam picture features SPECIFICALY several increasingly sized circles which are clearly invidual shapes as opposed to a continuous line.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 12:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by TrueBrit

First of all BRITWARRIOR, I need to point out that the picture you posted to represent the ideal shape of the lazer beam, with relation to the tractor beam , has a pretty glaring difference , when compared with the norway spiral . Your picture of the shape of the beam, shows a series of circles, individual shapes, with gaps all the way around them. The norway spiral however, is just that, a spiral... that is a single line which travels around in an ever increasing circular fashion. Simply put, the norway spiral was a single continuous line, whereas your tractor beam picture features SPECIFICALY several increasingly sized circles which are clearly invidual shapes as opposed to a continuous line.

Don't shoot the messenger

its just a connection i'm not saying this is what the Norway Spiral was just that it maybe a possibility.

I hear what your saying with the line ideally it would be nice to see if some of these tractor beams have been tested in a small scale lab type experiments to see the correct shape emitted from the beam and weather its static like of has a spiral motion to it in operation,

However, he remarked that the effect is only predicted to occur over a short distance - and that the effect first of all needs to be demonstrated in practice. "It's a very good start," he said. "As always with theory, if one doesn't obtain a theoretical argument that things are impossible for some reason, then it can happen."

This is just in theory it seems they don't have a working model yet therefore things maybe slightly different in a military back program right down to how the beam function, now i'm just speculating

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 12:08 PM
link   
If true what did it track or bring in?

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 09:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ophiuchus 13
If true what did it track or bring in?

The missile ?

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 09:23 AM
link   
I'm not scientifically able to do so, but has anybody ever tested the spiral to see if it matches phi? Is it even possible to make that measurement? Sorry for kind of changing the subject but if the spiral did match the mystical number perfectly it would help to douse the fires of the missile claim.

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 09:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by TrueBrit

Actually, the Norway spiral was TWO continuous lines, nested, originating from different points on an apparently rotating object. Since eyewitness accounts and even a few photographs date back to the early 1980s, it apparently is some 'feature' of missile boost phase, not a 'bug'.

But thanks for the link and the suggested connection. Looking for similarities, or hidden cause-and-effect relationships, between two phenomena thought to be independent, is a major theme in scientific advance.

Most suggestions turn out to be blind alleys, but not ALL -- so please keep your eyes open and your keyboard hot.

edit on 4-3-2011 by JimOberg because: typos

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 10:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by nathanscottecho
I'm not scientifically able to do so, but has anybody ever tested the spiral to see if it matches phi? Is it even possible to make that measurement? Sorry for kind of changing the subject but if the spiral did match the mystical number perfectly it would help to douse the fires of the missile claim.

I to would like to see this, that would be great if someone could get this done

Second

new topics

top topics

join