It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Virgin Mary apparition photographed in Cornwall, uk.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 03:48 AM
link   
Link to article.. Containing photograph of alleged apparition in Cornwall, uk..
[url]http://www.dailymail.co.uk...[/url ]

I'm no expert on these things, but usually there is a valid explanation, just wondering what other peoples opinions are out there..

Trick of photography or the virgin Mary has returned?

Personally I'd opt for the first option..

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 03:50 AM
link   
Imagine all of the apparitions of Aztec Gods, Greek Gods, and Native American gods that we have missed because the majority of the population decides to be an atheist towards all of them!

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 03:51 AM
link   
I would say it looks more like a ghost with a lamp.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 04:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Misterlondon

I'm no expert on these things, but usually there is a valid explanation, just wondering what other peoples opinions are out there..

is this desperate measures to revive an ailing seaside economy perhaps?

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 04:06 AM
link   
I'm a amateur ghost hunter...

i've took hundreds of pictures and seen 100x that...

It looks like Light reflecting off the rocks... well actually it appears to be a photoshop job... I would give you the same effect in about 3 minutes...

but... if... IF... i was gonna buy into this photo... i would say its a coffee cup she's holding... not a lamp... but a good old cup of coffee... i love coffee...

and for the record I've only seen 2 pictures that i would say had paranormal activity... I currently have one and the other is lost... because the owner was a idiot... the lost photo's were... breath taking... none the less they might as well never existed...

I'm no expert... but i'm not buying this...

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 04:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by funbox

Originally posted by Misterlondon

You could be right.. Although newquay is regularly dubbed the 'new ibiza'

is this desperate measures to revive an ailing seaside economy perhaps?

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 04:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Misterlondon

Seeing how "Mr Gray" took the picture I don't think we're off to a good start lol

Trick of light and shadows mate, looks more like Florence Nightingale to me, but that wouldn't get people running back to hand over their hard earned pay to the church I suppose.

So if Christians do actually believe this is a message from god type thing then this should seriously get them on their pious knees -

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 12:28 PM
link   
I see a cliff period

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 12:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Misterlondon

Is the virgin Mary hugging Bigfoot?

Not your fault OP because I know you're just reported this occurrence, but I don't know how they got the virgin Mary out of this to begin with. It isn't even a good example of paradolia.

The image of the Virgin Mary in the rock face at Newquay's Western Beach was not visible when the picture was taken, says Mrs Gray Read

I bet someone could go right back up there and take another pic and it would be right there because it looks like something that is physically on the rock. It might even be visible on Google Earth. If I can get the coordinates, I'll look it up.

edit on 3/3/2011 by gemineye because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 07:26 PM
link   
As much as I would like believe, this doesn’t even remind me of the Virgin Mary. It is certainly bright for it not being seen when the picture was taken.

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 07:35 PM
link   
Why is the Virgin mary the first thought as to what this apparition was? I bet, despite the article saying they were unsure, that the woman is a Catholic so assumed it was the Virgin mary.

It could just as easily be a trick of the light, a PS job or if it is a Ghost, it could be any woman! Florence Nightingale, a woman looking out to sea for a lost love, a medieval cross dresser who committed suicide due to persecution even.

Virgin Mary...
Bollocks. Such a leap of faith and an almighty assumption... (pardon the puns
)

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 03:29 PM
link   
Only one word: Pareidolia.

And so on....

new topics

top topics

join