It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Battlefield 3 gameplay trailer

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 02:14 AM
link   
www.youtube.com... (watch in 1080p obviously)

This has pretty much the most realistic graphics I've seen in a video game, anyone else think so? Sure crysis probably looks better visually, but as far as realism goes, battlefield 3 is at the very top in my opinion. And this is only pre-alpha gameplay footage. Can't wait for COD to go down in flames when this game releases.
edit on 3/3/2011 by bl4ke360 because:

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 03:08 AM
link   
Sorry but you need to check out the ARMA 2 series. Has any game beat by far.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 03:11 AM
link   
I've seen arma 2 and it doesn't hold a candle to battlefield 3 in regards to graphics and what little gameplay that is shown so far in the trailers.
edit on 3/3/2011 by bl4ke360 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 03:18 AM
link   
i think arma 2 is close to a realistic combat simulator, battlefield is a kids shooter

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 03:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by jazzguy
i think arma 2 is close to a realistic combat simulator, battlefield is a kids shooter

1. battlefield 3 is not a simulator nor has any previous game been a simulator... When I said realistic I was talking about the visuals, not the gameplay (not that the gameplay isn't realistic, watch the ending where you get blown to the ground by an explosion, does this happen in arma?).
2. call of duty is the kid's shooter you're thinking of.

Anyway, you'll see what I mean once the multiplayer is revealed.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 03:36 AM
link   
reply to post by bl4ke360

i can take the blood and gore and people being killed en masse.. but golly.. do they have to use such harsh language?????

jeeeze!

no just kidding... that is some of the most convincing realistic gameplay graphics I've seen, ever.

pure training eh?

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 06:40 AM
link   

Agreed. - ARMA's graphics look very dated compared to B3. More like Call Of Duty 2 era at best. Just MHO.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 12:24 PM
link   
Saw the trailer yesterday. It will be the perfect excuse to build a new desktop

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 11:11 PM
link   
woah that looks pretty awesome. i thought it was bad company 3 didn't realize they are finally doing battlefield 3. its about time.

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 11:41 AM
link   
These videos are all game play videos

Language warning on 2nd video !

edit on 8-3-2011 by Oklastatefan because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 12:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Oklastatefan

BF3 is only in pre-alpha and it's already visually superior. Sorry, Arma 2 is not at all graphically impressive.

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 06:12 AM
link   
you can't compare simulation games to arcade. its like comparing Xwing vs. Tie Fighter with Microsoft Flight Simulator, it just doesn't work.

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 05:04 PM
link   

I can't wait to buy it!!!
But of course nothing, and I do mean nothing beats Crysis on graphics (PC version only)

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 05:11 PM
link   
reply to post by warbird03

Its impressive because its a render made with DICE's PCs, which means they rendered it with a really, really really great PC

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 06:19 PM
link   
reply to post by mbartelsm

And your point is? Of course they used a top of the line PC by today's standards for the demonstrations. By the time it's released later this year though, AMD will have their HD7000 series released and nVidia most likely won't be far behind with their next generation of GPUs. We'll most likely be able to max BF3 with a sub $1,000 rig by the time it's released.

It doesn't take as much for good visuals on PC as everybody seems to think. My current laptop with an HD5870M (equivalent to a desktop HD5770) is quite capable of maxing out Crysis and Warhead with 30 fps. I imagine I won't be able to max BF3, but it'll be close.

top topics

join