It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The remains of Sodom and Gomorrah

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 02:04 AM
link   
Is this definitive proof of God? Aliens perhaps?

I have no explanation for this documentary, it amazed me beyond belief

I invite everyone to watch and discuss these videos........

enjoy..

See, this is called evidence... of God as far as im concerned...

edit on 3-3-2011 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

Discussion....open

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 02:13 AM
link   
I am about to watch the videos, but just to let you know say this is proof was a big mistake around here....await the replies.

will be back to post my opinion on the vids soon.
edit on 3-3-2011 by RANDOMguess because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 02:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by RANDOMguess
I am about to watch the videos, but just to let you know say this is proof was a big mistake around here....await the replies.

exactly what im looking for....again i don't have an explanation, this is an intelligent community
(for the most part)

So i'd love an intelligent discussion about them...

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 02:23 AM
link   
HEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEELP

sinfull cities burned to ashes.

this asks for another day of heavy metal.

The remains look well like cities. And there is proof. Sodom means Egypt figuratively. They did a very good find. Investigation is very promising.

edit on 2011/3/3 by etherical waterwave because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 02:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Akragon

exactly what im looking for....again i don't have an explanation, this is an intelligent community
(for the most part)

I don't think you understood what I said...I didn't say look for anything. I have watched the videos now and would love and intelligent discussion...maybe you, the OP would like to give your own opinion on why this is proof seen as you haven't in you opening post.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 02:33 AM
link   

(for the most part)

I don't think you understood what I said...I didn't say look for anything. I have watched the videos now and would love and intelligent discussion...maybe you, the OP would like to give your own opinion on why this is proof seen as you haven't in you opening post.

As i've said i don't have an explanation, this is why i opened this thread.

The sulfer content of those balls were higher then anything that can be created by man as far as i know....

You watched it melt through the spoon! This could be a hoax i don't know....

debunkers Go nuts!

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 02:42 AM
link   
reply to post by RANDOMguess

I don't want to be a nay sayer but I just saw proof of high amounts of sulpher in one area and nothing proving any existence of an actual city, just speculation that there may have been a city. If there was a city there then the actual building stone structures would be there and not just built up ash. Furthermore sulphur in an open air enviroment wouldn't heat up hot enough to melt igneous rock commonly used as building stone... Then again in a rebuttal it looks as if they had a lot of sedimentary rock in the area and it would have lot lower resistance to heat and can be eroded easier by wind water and heat.
Thanks for the thread it was interesting to watch but the woman speaking in a whisping tone like an earth child was rather annoying.lol. Keep up the good work finding evidence because eventually we will find the answers we seek. I like this type of research and look forward to more post from the OP

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 02:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

No you didn't watching it melt through a spoon, she said it did but you can't see it in the video. And if these building were burnt why are all the rooms filled in with rock, surly the would still be living space inside. This is a good thread by another member saying "Sodom and Gomorrah have been used as metaphors for vice and sexual deviation." as well as a lot more info.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 02:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by agentblue
reply to post by RANDOMguess

I don't want to be a nay sayer but I just saw proof of high amounts of sulpher in one area and nothing proving any existence of an actual city, just speculation that there may have been a city. If there was a city there then the actual building stone structures would be there and not just built up ash. Furthermore sulphur in an open air enviroment wouldn't heat up hot enough to melt igneous rock commonly used as building stone... Then again in a rebuttal it looks as if they had a lot of sedimentary rock in the area and it would have lot lower resistance to heat and can be eroded easier by wind water and heat.
Thanks for the thread it was interesting to watch but the woman speaking in a whisping tone like an earth child was rather annoying.lol. Keep up the good work finding evidence because eventually we will find the answers we seek. I like this type of research and look forward to more post from the OP

Let me ask you this, where on earth can you find ash like that? This whole area, the mountians, the land, the rocks, everything...crumbled upon touching....they said specifically "walking was almost impossible" Ash like this can't be found anywhere on earth in this quantity.........this entire area the size of a few city blocks was completely and utterly destroyed by exactly what is told in the bible....fire and brimstone which is sulfer...

Also imagine large balls of this sulfer falling through the atmosphere, similar to what happens when a meteor falls to earth....it burns at extremely high temperatures.....These sulfer balls had a peek temperature of over 4k degrees........what else burns that hot? Lava doesn't burn that hot...

Im sorry but again....God, or aliens.........those are my only explanations.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 02:58 AM
link   

reply to post by Akragon

No you didn't watching it melt through a spoon, she said it did but you can't see it in the video. And if these building were burnt why are all the rooms filled in with rock, surly the would still be living space inside. This is a good thread by another member saying "Sodom and Gomorrah have been used as metaphors for vice and sexual deviation." as well as a lot more info.

Yes you can, watch the second video again.....it melts holes in the spoon....

Those rooms you speak of were filled with ash........ash can float and erode over a number of years obviously..

There is no rock in that entire valley.....its all ash

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 03:15 AM
link   

reply to post by Akragon

Yes you can, watch the second video again.....it melts holes in the spoon....

Those rooms you speak of were filled with ash........ash can float and erode over a number of years obviously..

There is no rock in that entire valley.....its all ash

No again, there is no hole just a black smudge. She even said later we discovered a hole in the spoon so wouldn't have seen it then. And yes ask can float...but stay hot for a couple of years....really.

And the woman in the video sounds like Mary K Baxter she always talks about us all going to hell.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 03:42 AM
link   
inappropriate discussing.

she says afterwards they saw holes in the spoon. nay nay nay
edit on 2011/3/3 by etherical waterwave because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 04:17 AM
link   
These videos are interesting. But I didn't realize that the reality of Sodom and Gomorrah was still contested.

My only data about this is from Sitchin's book, excerpted here:

www.bibliotecapleyades.net...

The more memorable event that took place at that time, according to Sitchin, was an atomic-bomb-like explosion over the Sinai. It left a huge black scar which is still visible from satellite and created a poison wind that caused extensive death and damage to the east of the Sinai for years,

Sitchin places the destroyed cities in the area of the "tongue" of the Dead Sea, which matches the location described in the videos.

I am surprised that pure sulfur was found in the area. The video suggests that the destruction was caused by sulfur fires. But heat can also purify sulfur. And sulfur was in wide use in the area in those times. So the sulfur they found could have been the source of the destructive heat, or a byproduct of it. If something like a thermonuclear blast were the source of this heat, that might explain the total destruction shown in the videos.

I know that there is some skepticism that the destruction could have been that total. But the assumption is made that these were rock cities, and I'm not sure that is true. On the other hand, a nuke would probably be capable of flattening a city even if it were constructed of rock.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 04:22 AM
link   
Sodom and Gomorrah were Nephilim breeding places...
...that's why the male inhabitants wanted the Messengers who came to warn Lot...
...they mistook them for the fallens watchers who came to breed with them.

Genesis 19:24-28 "Then the LORD rained upon Sodom and upon Gomorrah brimstone and fire from the LORD out of heaven; 25 And he overthrew those cities, and all the plain, and all the inhabitants of the cities, and that which grew upon the ground. 26 But his wife looked back from behind him, and she became a pillar of salt. 27 And Abraham gat up early in the morning to the place where he stood before the LORD: 28 And he looked toward Sodom and Gomorrah, and toward all the land of the plain, and beheld, and, lo, the smoke of the country went up as the smoke of a furnace."

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 05:44 AM
link   
you might look here

en.wikipedia.org...

Ronald Eldon Wyatt (1933 – August 4, 1999) was an adventurer and former nurse anaesthetist noted for advocating the Durupınar site as the site of Noah's Ark, among other Bible-related pseudoarchaeology. His claims were dismissed by scientists, historians, biblical scholars, and even by leaders in his own Seventh-day Adventist Church, but his work continues to have a following among some fundamentalists and evangelicals.

www.answersingenesis.org...

Nevertheless, we sent the samples for chemical analysis to a reputable Australian laboratory.12 Their report was interpreted by a Ph.D. geochemist.13 The existence of the sulfur ball is not surprising—the entire area is rich in natural sulfur. The results from the ‘ash’ (see chart below, right) were not consistent with what would be expected from incinerated ancient buildings, or rock ash of any sort. Instead, they clearly indicated an [evaporite] deposit of gypsum-type minerals. This crumbly, easily eroded material fully explains the visual impressions, and is consistent with the known features of this area. The chemistry also shows an abundance of carbonates, which would be broken down by heat.14

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 09:59 AM
link   
I was surprised to see that the site was within close proximity of a chairlift giving a view virtually from above. Surely the local archaelogists would have immediately gone over this site as its clearly quite accessible.

If you had a spinx surely that would indicate that the cities were Egyptian. Apart from ensuring the Israelites left Egypt I would be surprised if their so-called God would have bothered himself with Egyptians. I remember someone telling me that the Indian scriptures describe an aerial battle which what appeared to be described were nuclear weapons. All quite fascinating and I look forward to reading other peoples ideas.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 12:51 PM
link   

Is this definitive proof of God? Aliens perhaps?

I have no explanation for this documentary, it amazed me beyond belief

I invite everyone to watch and discuss these videos........

enjoy..

See, this is called evidence... of God as far as im concerned...

Discussion....open

I believe it. Why else would that place be intact like that? There really is no other explanations. No volcanoes in the area, Nothing. I 100% Believe in god and the scripture that is told to us. This is just further proof like you said. I agree 100% with OP!

S&F for the good video, never saw that before. Really makes you wonder what else people need to believe ;D
edit on 3-3-2011 by cabuki because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 02:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by l_e_cox
These videos are interesting. But I didn't realize that the reality of Sodom and Gomorrah was still contested.

The more memorable event that took place at that time, according to Sitchin, was an atomic-bomb-like explosion over the Sinai. It left a huge black scar which is still visible from satellite and created a poison wind that caused extensive death and damage to the east of the Sinai for years,

Sitchin places the destroyed cities in the area of the "tongue" of the Dead Sea, which matches the location described in the videos.

I am surprised that pure sulfur was found in the area. The video suggests that the destruction was caused by sulfur fires. But heat can also purify sulfur. And sulfur was in wide use in the area in those times. So the sulfur they found could have been the source of the destructive heat, or a byproduct of it. If something like a thermonuclear blast were the source of this heat, that might explain the total destruction shown in the videos.

I know that there is some skepticism that the destruction could have been that total. But the assumption is made that these were rock cities, and I'm not sure that is true. On the other hand, a nuke would probably be capable of flattening a city even if it were constructed of rock.

Is it possible that Zecharia Sitchin just didn't know about the location? This should be an easy thing to resolve unless they are trying to hide it.

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by greyer

Originally posted by l_e_cox

Is it possible that Zecharia Sitchin just didn't know about the location? This should be an easy thing to resolve unless they are trying to hide it.

I think in both cases (mount Sinai & S&G) if it was a nuke the area would have been flattened, especially on Sinai. A nuke would have leveled the mountain not leave a black mark. Besides this is holy ground for alot of people a nuke wouldn't be tolerated.

I think a lot of large cities were built right into mountains in that time, examples of which are all over egypt.

If it was a nuke in the case of S&G, again...the area would have been leveled. As far as i could see there wasn't an explosion in the area...did you see how the heat deformed the rock....and turned it to ash. It litterally crumbles to "a consistancy of talcum powder" in their hands.

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 02:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

What about the site where water flowed out of the split rock. I see over the web that it has been recognized for years but I never learned about it. It looks believable to me because if the earth is God's creation than God would surely leave a standing mark in history for people to know. People claim that the location is on the otherside of the area where the Iraelites mentioned, but with the smooth rocks on the lower area, that is hard evidence that water was there.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join