It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS CONVENTION!!!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:
XL5

posted on Jul, 20 2004 @ 02:12 AM
link   
Sure I'd go, if it was in Toronto. But you have to remember that lots of ppl here are too young to drive or have enough money to fly (or the will). Now if there was one in every big city I'm sure alot more ppl will go since that is just about the only problem with it. If I did go, Id bring some high power tech stuff along if I was allowed to.

Maybe a huge netmeeting hosted by some big server somehow for ppl who can't make it.

posted on Jul, 20 2004 @ 02:15 AM
link   
I'm in.

Yes.

minimum message length en cruchem!

i hope i spelled that right...

posted on Jul, 20 2004 @ 01:41 PM
link   
I hope this goes through. Its a really great idea. I prefer the idea of having several conventions in differnt places, one on the East Coast, one in London etc. for mainly money reasons. Not everyone can fly to Area 51 or Roswell and book a hotel.

An idea is to look at several conventions centers you can rent for the day. Have a "Conspiracy Theme" in each one, and have the rent be paid by donations to the convention.

posted on Jul, 20 2004 @ 02:28 PM
link   
I would reccomend splitting the East Coast into to conventions, one in NYC and one in Baltimore. Baltimore works better than Washington for a lot of reasons. Next I would recomend Toronto since that can cover most of the Great Lakes. Its convienent for people in Detroit unless crossing the border is a problem. Chicago is a good choice being the third largest city in the US. Chicago is easily accesible thanks to the massive railway system and gigantic airport. Then Denver is a good choice if you live in the Rocky Mountains. As for the West Coast Three Cities would be a good idea. Seatle, San Fransico, and San Diego or LA for obvious reasons. Ok the main problem seems to be transportation and hotels. Not to worry. Most major cities are accesible by railroad. As for hotels normally there are excellent hotels at a great rate in the suburbs. From there you just take the Metra or Amtrack into the city, then the subway can take you almost anywhere from there.

[edit on 7/20/2004 by cyberdude78]

posted on Jul, 20 2004 @ 02:38 PM
link   
Lets do this, Rock & Roll from one dog to the next... 400 is simple

posted on Jul, 20 2004 @ 02:57 PM
link   
count me in if it's anywhere west of the rockies!

and since no one else has mentioned it... *drumroll*

come one, come all, to the:
Great Lakes ATS Adventure!
www.abovetopsecret.com...

EDIT: there's already about a dozen of us coming! don't miss out!

[edit on 7/20/2004 by cmdrkeenkid]

posted on Jul, 20 2004 @ 05:16 PM
link   
cyberdude, ATS is more than a national website. It is larger than an international website. ATS IS GLOBAL!!!
In the event we run multiple conventions, there will be more than two conventions in the US on East & West Coast.
Also, Byrd.
The event(s) that are being planned will be for two-three years from now. I believe we can arrange several smaller, local, meetings between now and then so things run smoother.
ex. ATS Great Lakes Adventure

Cheers,
- Tass

[edit on 20-7-2004 by Tassadar]

posted on Jul, 20 2004 @ 05:26 PM
link   
Ooops, sorry Tassadar. I apologize for not including everybody. I'm most accustom to US cities so I actually know what I'm talking about. But if I tried talking to much about cities outside the US I would probably sound like an idiot.

posted on Jul, 22 2004 @ 04:47 PM
link   
Yes.

(I would love this! I live in New York so i would probably see skeptic there. I'd like to meet him! Im getting happy).

posted on Jul, 22 2004 @ 05:14 PM
link   
Only 347 more people to go. With over 1000 views you'd thimk we'd have it by now.

posted on Jul, 22 2004 @ 05:21 PM
link   
Im happy to sort out a UK one, we'll have the convention at asala house
she won't mind
I would like to go to a US convention due to the UK convention probably being a huge piss up
but we could sort out some live link between the conventions

posted on Jul, 22 2004 @ 05:29 PM
link   
Ok i'm only about 1.5 hours from NYC so count me in. (:

posted on Jul, 22 2004 @ 05:40 PM
link   
I would certainly be up for it.
As long as its near enough that is

posted on Jul, 22 2004 @ 05:43 PM
link   
to help promote the idea lets all add a link in our signatures. sound good? i am.

posted on Jul, 22 2004 @ 06:35 PM
link   
Remember that you need to U2U Tassadar about your approval.

posted on Jul, 23 2004 @ 11:58 PM
link   
The ATS Convention gets ktprktpr's seal of approval. I always joke about people going in, finding out that the person right next to them is their hated nemesis and violence ensuing. But in reality it should be a laid back and great time. I don't plan on attending however.

posted on Jul, 24 2004 @ 12:16 AM
link   
Ok count me in, I am nearest to chicago, but will try to go where it is?

posted on Jul, 24 2004 @ 07:04 PM
link   
Thank you everyone for your support!
We currently have 58 out of 400 endorsements (14.5%)
This is the 7th out of 48 days for the motion. In 23 hours, 14.5833...% of the time will have passed.

Just and update for everyone!
Please support the Convention!
- Tass

posted on Jul, 25 2004 @ 09:47 AM
link   
Definately count me in! .. . . . . well hopefully the stonehenge idea will take off becuase I doubt I will be able to get out of the U.K. Hopefully this time something will come together

posted on Jul, 25 2004 @ 10:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by infinite
I would like to go to a US convention due to the UK convention probably being a huge piss up
but we could sort out some live link between the conventions

Marvellous idea, would have to be a uk one for me.... and wots wrong with it ending up as a piss up???

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join