It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS CONVENTION!!!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2004 @ 09:29 PM
link   
Count me in as well! This sounds like a fantastic idea!

posted on Jul, 18 2004 @ 09:41 PM
link   
Yeah, what the hell count me in.

posted on Jul, 18 2004 @ 09:45 PM
link   
Excellent idea! I think it will be interesting to see the ones who like to mouth off actually try to do it face to face with people. Better get Jerry Springer to host it with all the wackos in this place...(myself included with the wackos)

[edit on 18-7-2004 by mpeake]

posted on Jul, 18 2004 @ 09:46 PM
link   
I'm in- any time, any place.

I hope this comes to fruition.

Any members in the western NY area, feel free to u2u me about meeting up at a convention in the area.

posted on Jul, 18 2004 @ 11:04 PM
link   
33 people so far???!!!???

common!!!

is there any way to send out a mass u2u to every member to ATS???

we might get 400 people by 2010!!!

common!!!

sry im just excited that this idea just might work...

posted on Jul, 19 2004 @ 01:07 AM
link   
The only thing that would stop me is if I am unable to get off. Seniority comes into play for time off.

How about a theme-related site, such as Stonehenge or Roswell?

Three years here and I've just discovered text sizing!

posted on Jul, 19 2004 @ 01:34 AM
link   
I think it would be a great idea. Hotel group/convention rates are pretty easy to come by, the only thing is that you need to make sure of the number of rooms vs people in the area. I used to work in the Hotel Industry, so if you have any questions about arrangements, I may be able to help out with some ideas. I think a good thing to do would be to start a questionnaire. You should find out where most of the interested members are living or would not mind traveling to. This will allow you to place the convention in a prime location for maximum attendance. Once you get the locations down, I think it would be a great idea to have it in a place like Stonehenge, places close to crop circles, etc etc etc. Also, you should find out what most of the attendees are interested in. Aliens, Religion, Secret Societies etc. It would be great to have speakers of these areas and people can sign up for different sessions that appeal to them. Also, party planning on themes and outings should be considered as well, so ages will also be a consideration. Just some ideas, But, a definite YES in my opinion. I would say also plan at least 1 year-1.5 years to get it planned and coordinated very well.

posted on Jul, 19 2004 @ 01:56 AM
link   
There MUST be one in the American Southwest as well!
And since Seth Bullock the finder of the 2nd ring is in Utah...I say UTAH! We need one in Utah.......Sheesh you can get ME to organise it.......( I am one of the UTAH ATS ers)

Maybe ~~LasVegas~~ is a good idea?...being SO NEAR~ Area 51~...THAT would be COOL! WAY WAY WAY COOL!
An Area 51 ATS BASH! heck I would go....and those who couldnt would just be plain old jealous!
Rooms are VERY cheap near Nellis.......thats WHERE I stay when I head Vegas way......its a good idea.......
VEGAS BABY YAY!

I am a member of a web site chatgroup...and we have a BASH every 2 months.....but held ALL OVER so that all folks that live near the area can attend.It is MOSTLY an AMERICAN phenomenon though.... WE KNOW... that ~EVERY MEMBER~ cant afford to GO to long distance or time wise bashes.....so we hold many LITTLE bashes all over. I have been to 3....one in Boise...one in LasVegas...one in Los Angeles...and each time I get to meet NEW people that were not at the last bash. Various members just decide on a date and time and then announce it...those who CAN go usually do. SOMETIMES a BASH may only have 10 people attending, but it is STILL fun. Sometimes the BASH has over 50 people attending, and kicks ***!!! We then make a pic site and post the pics and all attendees can add thoughts and NOTES or pics to that site, so those unable to go can at least SEE how much fun we had, and feel inluded..

( we have learned through trial and error, that is IMPOSSIBLE to get everyone to attend....so we settle for little ones, MORE often)

I think ATS should have BASHES at relevant places, not JUST big Cities ....STONEHENGE....ROSSWELL.....AREA51.....The GIZA Plateu..DEVILS TOWER WYO.....GUATAMALA.......(you get my drift)

[edit on 19-7-2004 by theRiverGoddess]

[edit on 19-7-2004 by theRiverGoddess]

posted on Jul, 19 2004 @ 02:09 AM
link   
Yes. You can count me in for one in the UK.

posted on Jul, 19 2004 @ 11:34 AM
link   
Yes sounds good. Somewhere like Vegas would make it easy.

posted on Jul, 19 2004 @ 11:57 AM
link   
I'll bite!

posted on Jul, 19 2004 @ 12:07 PM
link   
I'm down for it - Biggest cities I live closest to are Atlanta, Orlando and Tampa

I think a logical solution to this would be to collect an RSVP fee from members, contract out and bid for an event organizer and then settle on maybe 10 locations (at a max of $250 per guest that could be feasable - $10,000 per location for costs, assuming a minimum of 400 signed on) -

Then we would have enough support (I'd be crazy to pay $250 and not show) and money to have a video-link to the other locations for live debates, etc....

I know that sounds like a lot for a convention, but to be able to have video-feeds, 10 locations and comfort while experiencing the crack-like addiction of ATS in person would be worth it

posted on Jul, 19 2004 @ 01:19 PM
link   
Yeah great idea, I'm in. Take all the time we need, 2007 sounds like a good year. We can wait 3 years.

Lets just make it near NEPA so its easy for me

posted on Jul, 19 2004 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tassadar

Originally posted by Byrd
Using conventions around the world would give the cons a much needed boost while giving more ATS folks a chance to meet each other.

I am leaning towards this movement too.
First though, you are meaning meet up at other, pre-organized conventions not run by ATS, correct?

Yes, exactly. It's a real mess if the expected attendance doesn't pan out, and a lot of folks may feel a bit ... uneasy... meeting a bunch of strangers for the first time. A sci-fi convention or some such gives a better chance for you to scope out who's there and a chance to feel more comfortable hanging around with folks.

If we were to have ATS run conventions they would probably be continental conventions, or maybe even sub-continental for densely populated areas. Allow ATS to meet up with fellow regional members so they may keep in contact.

And that gets expensive and stressful on convention staff. If you have a core group of con staff who can suggest programming and events then you also ensure some consistancy in the contacts.

The OTHER thing about having it at a sci-fi convention is that the gate fee to get into the door is usually in the vicinity of $25-$40 for 3 days. This beats, hands down, a $250 cost.

[edit on 19-7-2004 by Byrd]

posted on Jul, 19 2004 @ 01:42 PM
link   
good idea... that would be a yes from me

posted on Jul, 19 2004 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Byrd
The OTHER thing about having it at a sci-fi convention is that the gate fee to get into the door is usually in the vicinity of $25-$40 for 3 days. This beats, hands down, a $250 cost.

That's an interesting idea that I hadn't thought about....the only issue I see is that you have a singular location for an international auidience

I'd go if it was near me (within 200 miles) but I'm not going to buy an airplane ticket to Gadwick and a taxi to Stonehenge as some have suggested....a sci-fi convention in New York is equally as far away for those in The Netherlands....I'd know what I'd rather spend my money on if I lived there -

I think it would show devotion and commitment to pay that much - it means you'll have less no-shows, you'll be in full control of your own convention and ATS won't be associated with Trekkies (And this ain't a diss, cuz I'm one myself) Trying to convey a sense of truth is difficult when 100 hundred full-dress klingons are walking around your booth......

posted on Jul, 19 2004 @ 02:22 PM
link   
I say, YES GO FOR IT!! I do not have travel money, but think it is important for those who are able to get out and see who we all are.

posted on Jul, 19 2004 @ 05:27 PM
link   
Yes. Amsterdam would be nice.

posted on Jul, 19 2004 @ 11:28 PM
link   
I've only been here a couple months but would like to put some faces to a bunch of names and say howdy in person . one more for your list .

Some tmes it's cheaper to get from California to Europe than it is to get to NYC , wherever , whenever....

posted on Jul, 19 2004 @ 11:36 PM
link   
You have my vote. I think it is a great idea. Yes all the way

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join