ATS CONVENTION!!!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join

posted on Jul, 18 2004 @ 05:52 PM
link   
Hey Tassadar

Great idea and i am in support. Depends on location though.

Keep up the good work alrite

Rynaldo

posted on Jul, 18 2004 @ 05:53 PM
link   
Depending on location too aswell,
Anyways, im in.

posted on Jul, 18 2004 @ 05:59 PM
link   
Same here ... depending on loc and date

posted on Jul, 18 2004 @ 06:00 PM
link   
I vote yes for proposition ATS convention. Hopefully I punched the hole in the right place this time.

posted on Jul, 18 2004 @ 06:16 PM
link   
There has better be some tight security, or maybe no booze, because some disscussions can turn into fisticuffs in person. Or will people be more tame since they don't have the anonymity of the internet?

posted on Jul, 18 2004 @ 06:20 PM
link   
depending on location and money cout me in for Manchester Or london

posted on Jul, 18 2004 @ 06:20 PM
link   
Alchohol is a maybe, I am against it. If it was there, there would have to be identity checks of course.
I doubt most ATS members are as tough as they come off. Besides the motto is "deny ignorance" how would fistfights preserve civil rights?
Thank you though

- Tass

posted on Jul, 18 2004 @ 06:45 PM
link   
yes

posted on Jul, 18 2004 @ 06:53 PM
link   
I'm intersted, however, it depends on location. I wouldn't want to travel too far. we'll see though.

so yes, count me in

posted on Jul, 18 2004 @ 07:19 PM
link   
I am in. Location will be key though, unless we have a way for peeps to communicate with the convention online for those who cannot make it.. just a thunk...

posted on Jul, 18 2004 @ 07:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Crysstaafur
unless we have a way for peeps to communicate with the convention online for those who cannot make it

hmmm, good idea.
Perhaps we ATSNN would be able to recods and report from the Convention(s).
The Editor-in-Chief has already shown her support of the motion, so this will definetly be taken into consideration.

Thanks Crys,
- Tass

posted on Jul, 18 2004 @ 07:23 PM
link   
Count me in. Hey can you guys consider holding a convention in Chicago or a near by city. Its centered in about the middle of the country so we can get a lot of people from the great lakes-midwest are to come. Hey what does Simon Gray have to say about this. Seeing as he's the ATS head honcho.

[edit on 7/19/2004 by cyberdude78]

posted on Jul, 18 2004 @ 07:28 PM
link   
I think we need to name a location very early in the process and poll interest in that specific location.

I would show up in Los Angeles, while many others would not. Some would show up in New York, but I would not. My endorsement is nice to give I guess, but it's utterly useless if the convention is far enough away that my chevy can't make the round trip in a day.

But sure, it's a great idea, so count me for now.

mrq

posted on Jul, 18 2004 @ 07:31 PM
link   

Count me in, please.

posted on Jul, 18 2004 @ 07:32 PM
link   
A decision on location(s) should be made after a planning committee representing a wide variety of ATS members has been assembled.

and who said it was one day long?
This would of course require lodging, or something, but we're ATS! We can accomplish anything!
I'm glad members are showing concern,
it is far better to ask questions than to sit back and provide no aid.

Hope that helps,
- Tass

posted on Jul, 18 2004 @ 09:01 PM
link   
I've run conventions before (science fiction conventions) and have been staff and security guard at a number of them (and am still co-conchair of a very small one.)

Small conventions on properties are a lot of work (if it's YOUR property, you get to clean up the garbage and everything after they leave.) It's also expensive.

A better option is to pick one of many science fiction conventions and hook up at one of those. Many will permit you to do a panel and to host room parties. This is a good way of getting to know folks, and it's less stressful if you happen to be rather mismatched with the group (if, say, you're 18 years old and everyone else turns out to be 40-plus.)

Ad you become experienced at running cons, you can break off to form a separate convention. But for the first few years, stick to either the "meet in a small hotel and almost no programming (with the tiny one I do (20 people) we genrally focus on videos and hanging out)" or meet at a large convention. Once you've built interest and attnedance, then you can go for a stand alone.

posted on Jul, 18 2004 @ 09:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Byrdand it's less stressful if you happen to be rather mismatched with the group (if, say, you're 18 years old and everyone else turns out to be 40-plus.)

I think this is going to be my problem, only in reverse.

posted on Jul, 18 2004 @ 09:11 PM
link   
A few conventions have a larger staff and a "floating convention" where one group bids for the convention one year and someone else for another year. Worldcon is one of many such conventions with this strategy.

Using conventions around the world would give the cons a much needed boost while giving more ATS folks a chance to meet each other.

posted on Jul, 18 2004 @ 09:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Byrd
Using conventions around the world would give the cons a much needed boost while giving more ATS folks a chance to meet each other.

I am leaning towards this movement too.
First though, you are meaning meet up at other, pre-organized conventions not run by ATS, correct?
If we were to have ATS run conventions they would probably be continental conventions, or maybe even sub-continental for densely populated areas. Allow ATS to meet up with fellow regional members so they may keep in contact.

Inspired to see thought,
- Tass

posted on Jul, 18 2004 @ 09:27 PM
link   
Depends on location, sounds good!

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join