It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS CONVENTION!!!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2004 @ 02:19 PM
link   

ATS CONVENTION!!!

Provided YOUR Approval...

Good morning, afternoon or evening ladies, gentlemen, and Aussies *salute*!
As several of you remember, there was talk last year (2003) of a possible ATS Convention this year (2004), however, this idea seemed to fuzz out quickly as it was primarily driven by the efforts of one staff member whom did not receive enough support from the ATS community.
After this failure, there was talk of perhaps having three smaller ATS conventions (London, Amsterdam, and New York). There was very little effort to implement these ideas also, sooooooooooo.......

I present my proposal:
Considering the 1500+ active members, I am seeking 400 endorsements for the effort to launch an ATS Planning Committee to plan an ATS Convention. Simply post �Yes� on this thread, or send me a u2u to show your support. You may, of course, show encouragement and offer your aid and services on this thread! Should you choose to renounce the proposed motion, please, provide your reasoning, for every member�s voice is valued.

A global convention such as an ATS Convention would require several months planning, possibly upwards of eighteen months, so it seems reasonable to aim for a convention in 2006 or 2007.
If you have any advice, tips, word, counsel, recommendations etc. to offer for the community, please place it in this thread. If you seriously fear being arrested, or are afraid aliens may land in the area, please, let us know; all possibilities must be considered. However, keep the deliberation planned and focused here. Strive to keep this thread clean of off-topic conversation or topics which belong in other forums.

Several items must be taken into consideration in the planning of such an event:
- Itinerary
- Hosting
- Lodging
- Vehicular Parking
- Food
- Drinking Supplies
- Restroom/Shower facilities
- Meeting Areas
- Security
- Medical Station(s)
- Special Situations
- etc...

Should the 400 endorsements be received within a reasonable timeframe (by 2400 GMT 31 Aug. 2004), I would motion for an ATS Convention planning committee to be assembled. With integrity, vision, and drive, any task may be accomplished.
I will update the count daily around 0100 GMT.

Having cast your vote, are you ready to meet Netchicken...face-to-face?
- Tass

Count: 62 (Tassadar)(af1)(DeusX)(dreamlandmafia)(intrepid)(neonine)(71LSPC)(DrStupid)(Valhall)(NightGloom)(Tesla)(they see ALL)(Mirthful Me)(Aero)(cpr12r)(switchblade)(websurfer)(asala)(rynaldo82)(infinite)(DJDOHBOY)(Jamuhn)(SE7EN)(junior_smith)(elevatedone)(Crysstaafur)(cyberdude78)(Th e Vagabond)(mrq)(mako0956)(William One Sac)(Skadi_the_Evil_Elf)(mpeake)(Bobbo)(sebastiaan)(Thomas Crowne)(JCMinJapan)(TheRierGoddess)(iwouldificould)(machingunjordan)(JediMaster)(outsider)(Jonna)(EnronOutrunHomerun)(omega1)(goregrinder)(kukla)(oddt odd)(BlackJackal)(XL5)(kaoszero)(justmtype)(cmdrkeenkid)(AD5673)(infinite)(crispexi)(shidge.)(Ycon)(earthtone)(xenometric)(kode)(Slayer)

[edit on 26-7-2004 by Tassadar]

AF1

posted on Jul, 18 2004 @ 02:21 PM
link   
Count 2 : AF1

posted on Jul, 18 2004 @ 02:23 PM
link   
Count me in. Sounds like this will be a less half-arsed attempt than the last. You got your things in order, Tass. Let's go for it.

DE

posted on Jul, 18 2004 @ 02:25 PM
link   
Count me in....but 400?? By next month...might be kinda hard.

I just hope it can be somewhere near me...so that It isnt such a hassle to get there....since im 14...and cant drive.

[Edited on 18-7-2004 by dreamlandmafia]

posted on Jul, 18 2004 @ 02:26 PM
link   
You've got my yes vote.

posted on Jul, 18 2004 @ 02:34 PM
link   
im in all the way

posted on Jul, 18 2004 @ 02:39 PM
link   
I'm in for sure. I hope it's no too far away from me.

posted on Jul, 18 2004 @ 02:43 PM
link   
Even though I only signed up this month, sounds good to me.

posted on Jul, 18 2004 @ 02:53 PM
link   
another yes vote from these quarters...sounds like an interesting idea

posted on Jul, 18 2004 @ 02:54 PM
link   
In.

Yes.

Affirmative.

posted on Jul, 18 2004 @ 02:58 PM
link   
Sounds good, maybe by 2006 or so I'll actually be able to get there

posted on Jul, 18 2004 @ 03:08 PM
link   
In!

Somewhere like Nevada or Virginia.

or....

I always wanted to have a good excuse to go to Rome or the South of France.

Maybe Stonehenge!!!

posted on Jul, 18 2004 @ 03:10 PM
link   
YES YES and YES

that should help

im ready

posted on Jul, 18 2004 @ 03:11 PM
link   
Count me in, I'm always going somewhere anyway.

posted on Jul, 18 2004 @ 03:19 PM
link   
Yes... im from ny and surely would attend.

p.s. valhall i love the avatar from the batman cartoon

posted on Jul, 18 2004 @ 04:44 PM
link   
ATS Convention Act IV Scene 3:

I floated the ATS Convention 2004 concept. Thank you to you and other "usurpers" for keeping the flame flying.

There have been plenty of physical meetings and ATS mini-conventions in 2004 - Europe, the US, South Africa and the Antipodes. Most of them are "unreported".

I'm all Convention-ed out, and I forego the opportunity to meet Netchicken. But that is just me speaking for MA.

Good luck with the organization!

posted on Jul, 18 2004 @ 04:47 PM
link   
It's a yes for me. It would be cool for an ats convention to happen.

posted on Jul, 18 2004 @ 04:58 PM
link   
I'm in sounds like fun.

Stonehenge sounds good

Summer solstice Would be a good time
but that will have to be next year

[edit on 18-7-2004 by switchblade]

posted on Jul, 18 2004 @ 05:26 PM
link   
depends on location location and location.
otherwise I'm in.

posted on Jul, 18 2004 @ 05:36 PM
link   
Depending on location,

Im all for it aswell!!

This would be a great idea, and a great experience!

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join