It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An interesting topic i found: Simulated Reality

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 11:18 PM
link   
This is interesting for many reasons. One of which is the recent time shift threads. Take a look:

en.wikipedia.org...

"In fact, bugs could be very common. An interesting question is whether knowledge of bugs or loopholes in a sufficiently powerful simulation are instantly erased the minute they are observed since presumably all thoughts and experiences in a simulated world could be carefully monitored and altered"

"Of course, if this is the case we would never be able to act on discovery of bugs. In fact, any simulation significantly determined to protect its existence could erase any proof that it was a simulation whenever it arose, provided it had the enormous capacity necessary to do so."

Similar to the matrix:

"In an emigration simulation, the participant enters the simulation from the outer reality, as in the brain-computer interface simulation, but to a much greater degree. On entry, the participant could use a variety of hypothetical methods to participate in the simulated reality including mind transfer to temporarily relocate their mental processing into a virtual-person. After the simulation is over, the participant's mind is restored along with all new memories and experience gained"

There's plenty more in the article, i suggest everyone read as much as possible. I was blown away by how far into this some people have thought through.

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 11:28 PM
link   
we don't even have the friggin technology or know how to make a light bulb last more than 6 months.

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 11:37 PM
link   
reply to post by randomname

I agree.
But what good is a lightbulb that never goes out to the maker. They'de go broke.

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 11:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Sherlock2009

what you don't know won't hurt you yes they have many long lasting items all squashed~

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 12:09 AM
link   
reply to post by randomname

wait just a dang minute, did tesla invent a bulb that lasted for years but was kept from mass production?

-B.M

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 03:16 AM
link   
man if i got a nickel for every time one of my threads got de-railed.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 03:48 AM
link   
light bulbs? what?

those comments should be removed... I do believe they are off topic... aint that against the rules around here?

anywho...

Dude... looks like I'm gonna be the only one to bite... and i will say that sucks... cos right now i am sleepy as hell and i'm bout ready to pass out.. but i will ramble on with my two cents...

first off S&F great posting...

My "belief" system is directly related to this...
the way i was "told" was... This is a "virtual" world... its a "computer program"
its completely indistinguishable from an actual real world because the "computers" that created it are more adavanced than any you could imagine... they arent technically computers... confusing... i know

this world has never been "real" and it was created by call it what you will.... God... Aliens... etc etc

You could compare it to the Matrix, or Tron... The 13th Floor so on and so on....

Even though its an "simulated reality" that fact does not make it any less "real"

anyways i tried, like i said i am extremely tired... suffering from bad case of insomnia

-Cheers!

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 04:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by randomname
we don't even have the friggin technology or know how to make a light bulb last more than 6 months.

My light-bulbs are suppose to last 10 years , energy saving lightbulbs,- i will let you know how that goes - i have not had to change any yet and i have lived in my current address around 3 years, only time will tell
( sorry if you think this post is irrelevant, but i really couldnt help myself )

EDIT - On a brighter ( no pun intended ) note , i have seen videos about a possibility that our "life" is just a simulation , and that maybe people in the future have programmed our , "reality" so that they can travel into the simulation for research an/or holiday scenarios,

I believe this is not true or possible but it may well be , stranger things have happened : )
S & F, ( if i find the video i have seen before i wil post link under double edit )
edit on 3-3-2011 by johngtr because: Note

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 04:18 AM
link   
www.youtube.com...

This link is to a BBC made Documentary ( 5 Part )about alternate universes and reality's.
This link takes you to part 1 ( easy to navigate to the following parts )
The theory that life is a simulation is in one of the episodes/parts , not sure which 1 ( i think it is part 5 ) but not sure, but they are all excellent videos either way and it is not off topic as the above topic is mentioned in the programme.

Enjoy , Peace

join