It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So I am kicked out of Facebook

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 11:05 PM
link   
I do not understand why , I tried to log in, something I do not do often admittedly, and I am on my home computer yet it said that I was a security risk as someone was attempting to log in from a device other than a computer.

I did all the tricks they asked, but still could not get in even through my email link they sent. I went through their verification process, BUT, they asked me who pictures of my friends are and guess what?

I friend everyone who asks!!! I do not want to hurt anyone's feelings so when I get a request I accept, or for the most part I do. This is part of the reason I stay off Fb. I just don't have time for it.

So, now I am stuck and cant get back in I guess, too many failed attempts. And I am clueless to who the thousands of people are in my network.

has anyone else ever encountered this problem? I mean I do have a few people on there I know, but none of those came up on the security tests.

I couldn't help wondering if my befriending people on FB has alerted them to certain people who may be, well terrorists or trouble, people being watched? I guess it is foolish to just friend everyone huh?

What to do?

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 11:07 PM
link   
reply to post by antar

Yes Facebook frowns upon mass adding of friends for some reason.

Do you ever log on from your phone or something of that nature?

I would use the contact page and write a nice letter to FB staff pleading your case.

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 11:08 PM
link   
reply to post by antar

Sounds like you may have been hacked, its not that uncommon, happens a lot..

I doubt its terrorists or anything like that

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 11:09 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

No never. I don't even remember the sign on info. And as far as mega friends, well I just find it hard to say no.

link   
This happened to me. FB said it locked the account due to an outside security breach. Followed all the steps to verify the account and still couldn't get in. Took me almost 2 months to get help-support from FB, but eventually got back in. Learned my lesson and immediately deleted everything on my profile page (pictures, posts, etc.) figured I would not again get locked out and not have control over what was left on an open account, that I could not access... Not long after this, FB started again with the upgrade-features = more 3rd party intrusion and I closed the account for good. Good luck getting them to help you back in. Keep at them. I emailed every single day. Eventually, got in. Be persistent.
edit on 2-3-2011 by LadySkadi because: (no reason given)

link   
reply to post by antar

In that case you may have had your FB compromised.

I still think the staff alert letter on the contact page is probably your best bet.

~Keeper

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 11:10 PM
link   
I think you are jumping the gun a bit. If "they" (really not sure who we are talking about) thought you were up to know good your information would be forwarded to a law enforcement agency and they would keep tabs on you. But it would have to be pretty serious from what I have heard. (This is absolute hearsay. So take it with a grain of salt.)

Anyway, not sure what you did but they have an option where they send a link to three of your friends and your friends have to forward you the link or give you a code over the phone. Perhaps you should try that?

As far as the cause, you have any ex-friends etc, that would be messing with your account?

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 11:13 PM
link   
reply to post by LadySkadi

Ah, I HATE confrontation. Honestly I sit here in every spare moment of my time. I really don't like FB but check in and snoop on my Granddaughters and Son, my sister and nephews. I am not so close with them but their info is outthere so it at least keeps me knowing what they are up to and or thinking, and I get to see pictures of them without interfering.

I wonder if i can just start a new account? Then friend my family and friends again and start over again? Its not worth the hassle really.

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 11:15 PM
link   
reply to post by boncho

No, everyone hates me equally.

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 11:17 PM
link   
reply to post by antar

You can start a new account, you just can't use the same name/email combination. I thought about that too, but my problem was leaving an open and active account (for everyone other than me) to post on, when I couldn't monitor it. So, I filed all the complaints with customer care and waited for them to get around to me. Like I said, it took forever, but I did get in. Guess it's up to what you are comfortable with...

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 11:18 PM
link   
reply to post by antar

I used to befriend everyone, but I finally stopped. Sometimes fb will lock your account if you've tried to log on from a cell phone or another location that you usually don't log in from. I'm not sure if they go by cookies on your computer, IP addresses or what, but I've had it happen to me before... especially after getting a new cell phone. It confuses fb's little brain.

I have known several people who have just had their fb accounts basically go "poof" for seemingly no reason at all. I'm not sure why that happens, but it has been fairly common over the past couple of months.

I think your best bet is to email them and explain the situation. You can tell them that you fear your account has been hacked and give them all the details. Maybe the "hacking" thing will get their attention.

If you don't really use fb that much and aren't too attached to that account, you could just start a new fb account and only accept requests from people you really know. I've thought about doing that several times, but haven't yet. Good luck! I hope they fix it for ya! I know it drives me nuts when something like that happens, and I really don't spend that much time on fb either.

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 11:35 PM
link   
What is facebook and what can it do? i always thought of it like the old aol chat so i just never bothered.

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 11:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by antar
I did all the tricks they asked, but still could not get in even through my email link they sent. I went through their verification process, BUT, they asked me who pictures of my friends are and guess what?

Wow what a stupid test.
They frown on mass adding of friends
I guess lady gaga etc are all in for a big surprise soon then when fb bans them and asks them who a photo of one of their 10millionfans are (not sure what the difference between fans and friends is on fb)

Hmm i just looked and apparently there is a maximum number of friends your allowed on facebook and it's 5000, odd arbitrary number there

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 11:41 PM
link   

Hmm i just looked and apparently there is a maximum number of friends your allowed on facebook and it's 5000, odd arbitrary number there

Haha i guess facebook isnt for me, i have like 3 friends in real life and 2 of them are assholes
edit on 2-3-2011 by Mathoryn because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 11:46 PM
link   
I found this page which is about that very same problem.

The most sensible advice seems to me to be

AJ reported it to Facebook support at [email protected], and after about 30 hours got mail back saying “after reviewing your situation, we have reactivated your account, and you should now be able to log in” (although also warning that “further violations of our Terms will result in your account being permanently disabled”)

So maybe you could give that a go, no idea if that email is still valid

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 12:07 AM
link   
reply to post by davespanners

that explains alot actually, I write to someone in a well known band, we don't exactly know each other but talk personal things etc, but can't add the person due to that very limit (on their page not mine) and its funny really because it shows that facebook is geared towards tracking real-life relationships. its a giant people tracking machine disguised as an alternative to using the phone.

-B.M
edit on 3/3/11 by B.Morrison because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 06:59 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 07:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by antar

I guess it is foolish to just friend everyone huh?

What to do?

Definitely it is foolish to friend everyone who asks... I did that when I first signed up, and I still have some 'randoms' who are friends of friends, but I have got to know most of them in the last year...
I went on a pruning spree a while back, and cut it back to only people I know, and rellies of course! I pared it back to 98, and then a bunch of rellies got a computer and joined...

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 07:12 AM
link   
Yup when I was in Italy it made me do this a lot. I was using my bf's computer and it was really pissing me off. It will still ask me something what computer I am using and I always just type anything in the space. It's none of their business what computer I use. I had to identify people from my friends list too. I keep mine very small and I can identify everyone in it if need be. I dont add everyone who asks me too.

It should have let you get in after you identified your friends unless you didn't identify enough of them. Personally I think that whole thing is just creepy and a bit too personal. Why do they need to go thru so much just to authenticate your account? It was a real pain while in Italy believe me. Everytime I logged out and logged in it would ask me that.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 07:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by questcequecest
serves u right for joining
i hope they steal your identity
anyone using facebook deserves what they get
whether it be wasted time,dulling of personality,addiction to boredom.

oh i want to stay connected
bloody fair weathered friends can go jump off a bridge

The last few posts I have seen of yours are very rude. Do you ever have anything nice to say?

People who leave their FB open for all to see are stupid IMO. I have my privacy settings set to the way I want it. I am always checking my settings because FB loves to change them without telling you. I have found friends I lost contact with on FB and I can keep in touch with loved ones all over the world. I like it and I don't post things on there one shouldn't. Most people on FB aren't smart with their account they post anything and everything and then wonder why they get fired or have some drama from it. It's the internet and if your FB is open for all of FB well them MILLIONS of people will be in your life....sorry no thanks.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join