It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Beware of Reality Hacking by Discordianism

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 09:34 PM
link   
Beware Reality Hacking by Discordianism

In November 2008 I was reality hacked by an individual or individuals associated with Discordianism. Reality hacking is a term used to describe any phrenomenon which emerges from nonviolent use of illegal or legally ambiguous tools in pursuit of politically, socially or culturally subversive ends. These tools include website defacements, URL redirection, denial of service attacks, information theft, virtual sit-in, virtual sabotage, or any electronic means of subversion.

Discordianism is a pseudo-religion worshipping Eris, the Greco-Roman God of Chaos. It was founded by Malaclypse the Younger with the publication of his prinicipal text, the Principia Discordia in 1958.

I believe these attacks by individuals associated with Discordianism were a result of a job offer I had with Cambridge International Systems as a cyber intelligence liason. The day before I was to be offered the job my computer was hacked and they began sending me videos such as Timothy Leary’s “How to Operate your Brain” and sending me to websites such as Illuminati-order.com (Illuminati and the novel Illuminatus Trilogy are sacred texts in Discordianism due to Robert Anton Wilson being a saint of Discordianism). These attacks came at a time when I was under a lot of stress from moving and academic work. As a result of this reality hack I wound up in a mental institution and came out with the diagnosis of schizophrenia. I warn you of these reality hacks in case you consider a job in the cyber intelligence arena and these hackers try to mess with your life. They think they’re playing harmless games but they underestimate the amount of stress an individual is under at any point in time.

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 09:43 PM
link   
A truer post could not be written fnord. Guerilla ontologists have the devious agenda to activation your pineal gland fnord. Following acivation, one's ability to be decieved by ideologies, gurus, religions, facts, or the vast deception known as "reality" falls by the wayside. Symptons of discordian attack include self perception fnord, disillusionment with mainstream politics and establishment, corrosive abilities to find humor in things and situations that others consider "sacred", and the ability to fart through walls fnord. Discordianism is less a "pseudo religion" than it is a joke fnord disguised as a religion, or is it a religion disguised as a joke, or possibly a joke disguised as Idi Amin. I can never remember.
One fnord thing I do remember is that King Kong died for your sins.
edit on 2-3-2011 by louieprima because: forgot about Kong

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 10:04 PM
link   
reply to post by louieprima

I laughed at your fnord useage for quite a while. Ya Discordians don't take anyone seriously least of all themselves.

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 10:06 PM
link   
What happened to me during November 2008.

I feel a big part of recovery is understanding what has happened in the past. I have figured out my delusions and I have combated them quite successfully but in order to understand what exactly happened you must begin to understand the ideology behind the cyber attack which threatened my life. We don’t usually think of cyber attacks as life threatening but they can be given the right conditions physiologically of person that is being attacked. Physiologically and psychologically I was not in the right place at the right time so to speak.

It all began around November 26 or 27. I had been under a lot of stress due to college. The day first began with mania, a feeling in one’s body that parallels the use of coc aine. I had never experienced mania before so I was in an usually heightened mood. With all episodes of mania there is the crash. About 14 hours after the effects of mania were wearing off I began to feel the crash, at about this time is when my computer was cyber attacked.

Lets first begin to understand the ideology behind these cyber attacks before I begin my story again.

Reality hacking is a term used to describe any phrenomenon which emerges from nonviolent use of illegal or legally ambiguous tools in pursuit of politically, socially or culturally subversive ends. These tools include website defacements, URL redirection, denial of service attacks, information theft, virtual sit-in, virtual sabotage, or any electronic means of subversion.

Discordianism is a pseudo-religion worshipping Eris, the Greco-Roman God of Chaos. It was founded by Malaclypse the Younger with the publication of his prinicipal text, the Principia Discordia in 1958.

The reason I bring this information to light is because the attacks centered mostly on sending me videos such as Timothy Leary’s “How to Operate your Brain” and sending me to websites such as Illuminati-Order.com (Illuminati is a sacred word in Discordianism because of the Illuminatus Trilogy written by Robert Anton Wilson, a saint of Discordianism).

When these cyber attacks began I was enthralled with excitement which led to me believing that I had somehow been chosen electronically to become inducted in the Illuminati. This is a famous trick of Discordianism made famous by the OMGASM, a decentralized Discordian network which attempts to pool resources in order to complete larger projects such as Colbertgasm, the project to recruit Stephen Colbert and Jon Stewart into the Illuminati (a fake secret society).

So, as I at the time believed I was about to be inducted into the Illuminati, the next day after staying up for over 24 hours, received a phone call from Cambridge International Systems to work as a cyber intelligence liason. I thought to myself, “This is it. The Illuminati want me to work for them.” The call was real, so was the job offer. But I had been so fnorded (a term the Discordian use for describing misinformation, or misinformed) that I could not keep my wits about me.

The results of this fnord operation were that I ended up in a mental hospital.

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 10:20 PM
link   
Did you perhaps, just to help you study long hours, use a little speed, you know, meth? The delusional thoughts and paranoia are the same as schizophrenia, so you gotta be honest with your doctor.

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 10:20 PM
link   
All Hail Discordia.

Sorry to hear there were ones messing with you, and glad you're doing better. I have no idea why anyone would mess with you merely as a Discordian. That may have been a cover...?

Anyway, good luck.

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 10:32 PM
link   
reply to post by type0civ

No, I didn't use any drugs.

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 10:39 PM
link   
reply to post by LightofLiberty

Good...Now may I ask if you agree with the diagnosis and are you currently in treatment.

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 10:44 PM
link   
Perhaps Hackers who happened to have heralded Discordianism as a deception or duplicity. Seriously, any Discordian I know would advocate effin with you as a joke for laughter and box expansion (in other words, trickster) not as a malicious monkey mind (m)uck. And if anyone is hijacking your reality with schizophrenia it could be that darn genetic predisposition. Sorry to hear you've been hacked and are having a hard row to hoe. And Wilson would have a hearty laugh to see himself deified and demonized in the same sentence. In all seriousness if you're that smart computer wise, its more likely to be the CIA doing it than a cabal of lunatics (the lunatics beings discordians, not the CIA, of which the description would also fit.)

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 10:47 PM
link   

I agree with the diagnosis as I was doing some unusual things and I am no longer in treatment as in a hospital setting or assisted living. I am on my own now and taking medication. I am on Paliperidone and getting visited twice a week by a nurse. Quite an overreaction in terms of treatment in my case, I feel.

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 10:53 PM
link   

That's good to know and I'm glad your ok. I don't mean to derail the topic or get personal but I'm more intrigued with the schizophrenia side of the story.

So can I ask if your relaying the story above played part in the diagnosis and did you at that time come to believe it was possibly a hallucination?

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 10:57 PM
link   

What I wrote above did play a part in the diagnosis, of course I hadn't come to a conclusion as to what it was at that time. I also could tell the difference in a hallucination and what was really happening. For instance, I hallucinated that there were five indians in my room after staying up over 48 hours and I knew it was a hallucination. Its also interesting because I am Cherokee.

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 11:04 PM
link   

So how did you determine who was hacking your?

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 11:08 PM
link   
So did they hack into your computer or did they hack into your brain?

Don't blame others for your mental illness. If a harmless prank can trigger an onset of schizophrenia, then frankly it was bound to happen sooner or later anyway. Take responsibility for your own actions.

I hope you're alright and wish you well.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 12:25 AM
link   
I once was hacked by the eight pointy star, I asked, which way to paradise, and it pointed everywhere but up, anywhere but down, so I got lost and then ERIS found me, and I found her, or was it one of her daughters? I cant quite remember, but everyone was there, but ended fighting for a golden apple with the words KALLISTI, or CALLYSHTY, no one was paying attention at the time, and the it happened...

those discordians are nothing but a bunch of provocateurs, whats wrong with reality?
they even make shows about it, if it where that evil, they wouldn't do that...

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by coyotepoet
Perhaps Hackers who happened to have heralded Discordianism as a deception or duplicity. Seriously, any Discordian I know would advocate effin with you as a joke for laughter and box expansion (in other words, trickster) not as a malicious monkey mind (m)uck. And if anyone is hijacking your reality with schizophrenia it could be that darn genetic predisposition. Sorry to hear you've been hacked and are having a hard row to hoe. And Wilson would have a hearty laugh to see himself deified and demonized in the same sentence. In all seriousness if you're that smart computer wise, its more likely to be the CIA doing it than a cabal of lunatics (the lunatics beings discordians, not the CIA, of which the description would also fit.)

So not the MO of a Discordian, but then we were hijacked, enouraged them to hijack. Why? Because we let them infiltrate, but never filled them in on the real plan. You know it or you don't. We are the counter force against all those spooky things you worry about. If we hack you, it's with humor and while you're laughing, we'll slip in a little truth because when you're laughing, your mind is open and free from preconception, if only for just a moment. But that's enough. Look, you all know they're madmen, these despots and dictators... how do you fight a madman? With tools he's too rigid and unimaginitive to recognize. Fnord.

new topics

top topics

join