It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

China Announces It Is About To Blast America Into Zimbabwe

page: 11
<< 8  9  10   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 06:36 AM
link   
reply to post by dukeofjive

I wouldn't laugh too hard, the USA really is in deep doh, it does owe China 1 Trillion Dollars (funnier with a Dr Evil Accent)
The Government is still spending more money than it collects in Taxes, has been for years.
And is even considering Military Action (another war) with Libya, Unbelievable
The only thing keeping it a float is it's Reserve Currency Status, once it's dropped it is game over.

The really really big question is when will it loose it's currency status?, sometime between tomorrow and 10 years.

In the mean time, Av a good Weekend.....

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 07:44 AM
link   
First of all..."F" the government! They aren't going to change until they are forced, by the people, to change. And right now...us "livestock" don't have the balls. We are far to fat and lazy to get off our asses and do anything important.

However...if prices for the things we "want" go sky-high, we will start making the things we "want". If we loose things we "need", they will be replaced even more quickly. I would suggest this is more of an opportunity than a problem. If we can't get these things elsewhere cheaper, then we will build them here and sell them to our citizens. That means more companies, more jobs, and more people employed.

Better yet, maybe this is a chance to realize the difference between "want" and "need". Maybe "this year's new cell phone" won't seem so important and "today's healthy food" will. Sometimes you have to hit rock bottom before you can see what is important, and do something about it.

Maybe we will realize that the problems at home, are more important to solve than the problems across the sea. And if we backed off forcing our agenda on others...maybe other problems will go away. Maybe we can turn inward and support our own economy and our own citizens instead of others. I believe it is called isolationism. And I, for one, think it is a great idea.

Bring it on!
edit on 3/4/2011 by WeAreAWAKE because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 08:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Exuberant1
Chinese goods are cheap and they do the job for most people. Professionals will want better stuff, but the Chinese goods suffice for many.

The Chinese have made it easier for the poorest Americans to obtain the items they want but previously could not afford.

Well, I agree that they're cheap. But I disagree that they do the job for most people. I'm not a professional, I use the chinese water pump (Pacific Hydrostar) I purchased on the weekends to prospect for gold as a hobby, because it was much cheaper than the Briggs or Hondas. I regret doing so, because like I said, they work okay for a couple trips out, but then will take a crap on you in some way or another and ruin your weekend. And although I bought the 2 year protection plan, it takes alot of time going back to the store, standing in line and holding up the line so everybody is pissed at you to return it every other month. They then send the shoddy engine back to China, to be remanufactured and sent back. Even though I'm not professional, reliability is important to me. Not sure how many people don't care if the items they wanted but couldn't afford previously work or not...
edit on 4-3-2011 by 27jd because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 09:31 AM
link   
This has to be one of the funniest threads I have seen. If you think the US is going to go under becaus of Chineese currency that is a huge LOL. America wants China's currency to strengthen, who cares if there export prices go up from appriciation. Do you really think america can't produce the same products...lol. The only reason american business goes overseas is because of cheaper prices and tax exemptions. If the prices are not cheap anymore ...well guess what, another nation will step in and replace the chineese or americans will start producing more. Tade Agreements will be tweeked to make them pay for what they are doing as well. The only wealthy people in china are government officials, they are no differnet than america's wall street executives. Greed is at the top of the agenda, just as there is a gap in wealth here, there is an even bigger gap in wealth there. People in both countries feel the pain of the free trade agreements, while america looses business, the chineese gain slave labor. They make around 300 bucks a month to make our iphones and cool stuff like that. Do you really think the chineese people are happy about that...probably not, they are as repressed as we are, and are sick of what is going on in their county. In a global economy we are all tied together, if one nation fails...many more will follow, including china. The majority of there population cant even afford the crap they produce.

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 09:35 AM
link   
reply to post by zatara

And this is exactly what the world expects of the Americans. Great mentality," we are not the best any more lets go kill some people!" says America.

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 09:43 AM
link   
What exactly do we NEED from China? I'm all for trade, but maybe this is what we need to start changing our values in a more positive and less consuming direction.

Hopefully this will wake people up and make them start questioning what exactly it is they are buying, where it's coming from and what social and environmental effect purchasing a particular product has.

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 10:01 AM
link   
Made in America!!!

Made in England!!!

Lol... don't make me laugh.. please.. My sides are still hurting at the way this global economy is eating itself..

Many items ARE made in China but ASSEMBLED in UK or USA, then a label saying "Made In Wherever" is added to make it look like it was made in the country the label states.

This is hoodwinking.. pulling the wool over our eyes.. sheeple believing they're getting the green, green grass of home when the grass has been mown from the other side of the fence.. As the saying goes, the grass is not always greener on the other side..

The complainant objected that the claim "Made in England" was misleading, because although the watches were assembled in England, he believed most of the components were made abroad. CAP Code (Edition 11) 3.17.1 Response Joseph and Thomas Windmills (J&T Windmills) said they had obtained Copy Advice from CAP and were advised that, in order to justify the claim, the watch must last have undergone substantial change in England: for instance, it must have been assembled there. J&T Windmills said that reflected DTI guidance in accordance with the Trade Descriptions Act which stated that "... goods shall be deemed to have been manufactured or produced in the country in which they last underwent a treatment or process resulting in a substantial change".

www.tz-uk.com...

I have emailed Ashdown about this (and another concern, below), and look forward to their response. Technically, not labeling country of origin on products sold in the US is illegal: Title 19 U.S.C. Section 1304 ("Marking of imported articles and containers") states that, unless an exception applies, "every article of foreign origin (or its container ... imported into the United States shall be marked in a conspicuous place as legibly, indelibly, and permanently as the nature of the article (or container) will permit in such manner as to indicate to an ultimate purchaser in the United States the English name of the country of origin of the article."

Unless it's a car being sold in the US, manufacturers aren't required to state part origin content percentages, but they are required to at least label where the product was assembled or was subject to "a major transformation." That said, if all the components were Chinese and it was assembled in UK, you could likely still label it as being made in the UK. There is, after all, a big difference between a pile of components and a finished product.

www.talkbass.com...

I would guess all use Pots, cases, switches knobs and electrical components that are made/part assembled elsewhere…..technically I would think that most ‘made in USA’ products are infact ‘assembled in USA’ There are Cars that are ‘made in England’ that come with a German built engine, japanese made electronics etc etc…..‘Made in England’ just means that everything is put together in a factory in Birmingham and I’d presume that’s pretty much the same for everything, EHX included.

www.ehx.com...

'Made in Italy' is a phrase which Italians proudly export around the world. Most people associate the phrase with designers such as Armani. However, it was recently uncovered just how far from the truth this can be. When a fashion label designs a new outfit they will sell the rights to produce this outfit to a production house. Quite often what happens is that this production house that buys the rights is nothing more than a middle man who sells the rights on to another production house whilst also taking a cut. This trade in the rights can continue and continue until the actual cost of production is so watered down that the product has to be made somewhere where the production costs are low such as China. An investigative reporter uncovered this trade in the rights and showed the footage of some of the factories in a documentary on state TV, you wouldn't believe some of the places which make thousand euro clothes. It is still not clear if it is acually legal or not to state a product is made in Italy if the rights are sold to a manufacturer outside the country, but it is also very difficult to uncover the chain of sale. So, when you buy something which declares itself 'Made in Italy', be very sceptical.

www.wordwizard.com...

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 11:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ghost375
I'd rather have the Chinese control the world economy than the corrupt elites at the federal reserve. China wants to spread the wealth. Tptb just want to keep the wealth for themselves. Communisms evil because you've been conditioned into thinking so since childhood. While china does commit human rights violations, that doesn't mean communism must take away a persons basic rights. America has committed ten times as many human rights violations throughout it's history than china has.

Wow, I can not believe people starred this message. What a load of absolute BS. China wants to spread the wealth? Why don't you go tell that to the people eating plastic rice?

Just another China leghumper. You people are so in love with China that you are absolutely blind. Since you think it's so great over there....why don't you move to China and let us know how that whole "spread the wealth" thing works out for you?

I've said it before and I'll say it again- I am absolutely embarrassed by many of the things my countrymen have done and continue to do...but, for you to sit there and say that China has less human rights violations than the US is an outright lie. If we were having this conversation in person, I would have just laughed at you and made a complete fool of you, or I would just knock your stupid ass into next week. You are a traitor and you are uninformed.

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 03:07 PM
link   
reply to post by AlanG

You arn't giving the whole picture. Sure, jobs would come back here but only if the dollar stays in the top 20 currencies! Thats what the title of this thread is: we will be blasted to the economy similar to zimbabwe or Weimar Germany! Do you see a huge influx of jobs to other hisorical nations come back? How did that go for the Romans or the Persians? The country breaks apart, and there will be massive unrest.

You are gravely not realizing the gravity of hyper inflation, No one will want to touch U.S. Dollars. It's already starting.
edit on 4-3-2011 by Skerrako because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 04:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Skerrako

I was watching some American morning crap this morning and, I've always said: When ever they want hide bad news they show a Puppy. So, Stock market is up back to prior 2008 levels, things are slowly improving and it's over to you Cindy. Next thing is a Puppy story, it cracked me up.

The hard Facst are Astonishing
44 Million living on Food Handouts, it was 43 a few months ago

Why aren't the 99 club counted as Unemployed

The Gov has TOLD banks to slow the Foreclosure Rate, that means the Flood Gate is being kept shut

Why arn't any Banksters in Jail or even been to Court for Fraud and various other Illegal Activities

At some point the Government will have to Tax every single Person 100% just to pay the Interest Bill

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 05:57 PM
link   
reply to post by skeptic_al

Quite right. If you want to see that in action youtube "flash crash may 2010" and see how they were trying to make a near 1000 point drop seem positive. You could see panack just starting to set in when it started going back up. I wonder what they will say when the big one hits and the DOW drops 5000.

There was a 60 minute special that was on recently that spelled out why anyther, bigger wave of foreclosures are coming. Not pretty

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 05:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Reflection
What exactly do we NEED from China? I'm all for trade, but maybe this is what we need to start changing our values in a more positive and less consuming direction.

Hopefully this will wake people up and make them start questioning what exactly it is they are buying, where it's coming from and what social and environmental effect purchasing a particular product has.

You do realize if a Zimbabwe effect happens the people with this line of thinking will be targeted first. America would be in excellent shape if it wasn't for social and environmental justice types that keep us from being energy independent and having a thriving self sufficient economy.

All I am saying is I wouldn't be surprised if when the SHTF, the US military over throws the leftist government of America and pulls a Chile....

But as per this disaster, I think this is the Democrats attempt at immigration control. Let's face it, most Dem's say one thing and mean another and the most racist people I have come across where Democrats(Racist's that carry a smile while holding bigotry in their hearts are far more dangerous then someone who is openly ignorant).

Make America a not so nice place(end the gravy train) and they will flee back to where ever they came from as most immigrants only care about America's economy and how it improved their lives.

Then once they leave, close the door and mine the borders.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 06:16 PM
link   
reply to post by spy66

Boy you must be a city slicker and have never stepped foot in rural America. To tell you the truth not much would change for many people here. We go to bed tired from a hard days work and not from sitting on our butts flicking the TV remote.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 06:52 PM
link   
My house was not made in China. Neither was my car, my clothing, or my food. My medical care is not in China. My children's education is not in China, nor was mine.

I look around, and sure, there's a lot of things here made in china. Lots of vases, coffee cups, candles, bath mats.

I can easily do without those little trinket-type items, and so can you.

Just stop buying chinese. I did a few months back.

We can beat them at their own game. China is co-dependent on the US. If we go down, they go down. If Walmart goes down, sobeit.

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by angeldoll
My house was not made in China. Neither was my car, my clothing, or my food. My medical care is not in China. My children's education is not in China, nor was mine.

Some of the things to make your house were probably made in China, probably the parts of your car as well. your medical care, the prescription drugs probably were, as well as the instruments used in your medical care. Your child's education? What about the things they use for their education that were probably made in China?

I think your statement wasn't thought out enough. I also want you to take into account your cell phone, tv, and your appliances. Most of the stuff is just assembled outside of China, but the parts do come from there. More is made in China than you think.

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 12:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by angeldoll

I look around, and sure, there's a lot of things here made in china. Lots of vases, coffee cups, candles, bath mats.

I can easily do without those little trinket-type items, and so can you.

Just stop buying chinese. I did a few months back.

We can beat them at their own game. China is co-dependent on the US. If we go down, they go down. If Walmart goes down, sobeit.

Typical Americans....
What you dont know is this - the damage has been done.

Its too late to boycot China products now
, you ALREADY owe them 2.45 trillion hehehe.

2.45T / 310 million pop = $8000 per USA person
somebody mention RMB = 0.15 (merely an egg price) and to wake him when its 0.50 cent.

Does anybody realised if China dump its USD load the price of the egg (0.15 cent) would become $1200 ? Haha, dont worry, China wont dump it overnight, it would take a few months, but then the egg price will still climb.

As with people says its war, that might change it a bit, but when youre fighting the world... hmm hard to say.
Some of you dont have ideas how it work, mentioning the CHinese can use the papaers as toilet wipes, hahaha
WHAT IF China sold the debt to 3rd country ?

Yes fellow Americans, you can panic right now, you reap what you sow, I think its almost ripe now, time to sow - luckily not yet

USABadNews

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 01:13 AM
link   
reply to post by USABadNews

Going out on a limb to say you are chinese? With all your broken engrish, its hard to take you seriously.

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 01:20 AM
link   
It is not the end of the world if Chinas lets it's currency rise...

In fact, it is what we have been asking for for several decades now. If chinese goods aren't so cheap, American goods can compete more easily. The Chinese have artificially suppressed the Yuan for decades in order to exploit a massive trade imbalance.

They need to encourage consumerism in their nation now or they will face a glut of supply which could lead to a collapse much like our housing bubble. A stronger currency will encourage consumption to increase.

In kind, our weaker dollar will become an asset as we become more able to compete in a more fair export environment.

The Chinese aren't attacking us. They are making needed changes to their own policies and will in fact ease pressure on American business in the process.

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 01:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by amongus
reply to post by USABadNews

Going out on a limb to say you are chinese? With all your broken engrish, its hard to take you seriously.

Well, broken or not, what I say is true. The idea still need to be address properly

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10   >>

join