It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

China Announces It Is About To Blast America Into Zimbabwe

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 11:43 PM
link   
reply to post by mayabong

If the US collapses how will you put your Gold and silver to valuable use?

Your Gold will never be worth the market price in the US, because no one will have the value to trade it at market value.

What if the whole infrastructure collapses! If it does you would have wished that you had invested in how to grow food for personal survival.

Your Gold and silver savings only have access value if you also have the resources to sustain your life.

If you dont have the resources to sustain your life. Your gold will not hold much value because you will trade it for food and goods needed to sustain your comfort. And the hungrier you become the less your gold will be worth, because you will become desperate to trade it.
edit on 27.06.08 by spy66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 11:48 PM
link   
HELLO it's still just 15 cents on the dollar :

1 CHINA RENMINBI (CNY) = 0.1522 US DOLLAR (USD)

So stop the crap it is not dollar for dollar by any means,, when it hits 50 cents let me know.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 12:00 AM
link   
reply to post by spy66

Oh i'm doing that too, but in the meantime with my extra cash I buy silver and it seems to be working. Even though I dont't really see value in it, it seems people have always gotten "googly eyed" for metals for some reason. In a post economic collapse you could probably find someone to trade a piece of extra land or a cow or an alpaca? for some silver. Ya never know.
edit on 3-3-2011 by mayabong because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 12:07 AM
link   
reply to post by mayabong

I would say its a gamble. There are 309 million people in the US and i dont know if there are enough cows and goods to go around for everyone.

The only once who would want to trade their livestock and land for Gold would be the people who want to leave the country. To them Gold and silver would be very valuable as currency.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 12:12 AM
link   
reply to post by spy66

Uh…….. Considering we are a net exporter of meat, and grain….. there evidently is enough cows….. pigs and even buffalo, to go around for us, and a lot of people besides us….

If the US stopped exporting grain, then the majority of the people in Africa will be dead from starvation in a few months.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 12:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mr Tranny
reply to post by spy66

Uh…….. Considering we are a net exporter of meat, and grain….. there evidently is enough cows….. pigs and even buffalo, to go around for us, and a lot of people besides us….

If the US stopped exporting grain, then the majority of the people in Africa will be dead from starvation in a few months.

There is the thing.

You have enough meat to feed 309 million people for maybe a few moth. After that you will be out of livestock because you have eaten it all.

When it comes to your crops. You would need oil to be able to repeat the process next year. Your crops will be reduced next year because you wont have the resources to maintain the productivity.or to be able to distribute it.

And Africa will still starve as they always have been.

The US wont be able to export much if it collapses. It must use its access food and goods to sustain its own people.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 12:33 AM
link   
When bombs are falling

When bombs are falling
the safest place to be is in the most recent crator.

Those who got into gold after 2000 are doing ok.
Those who got into foriegn currency after september the eleventh are doing ok.
Those who got into the Stock Market after 2008 are doing ok.
Those who

and comming soon, those who get into housing... will do ... ok.

And now I have a question.

Why is buying Yuan so difficult for Americans?
answers.yahoo.com...

David Grouchy

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 12:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dragon33
Very misleading title...
Shame, shame, shame...

It is only misleading if you do not understand what it means that the US Dollar is the World's reserve currency. Look at history. The UK's Pound Sterling used to be the World's reserve currency, then it collapsed making way for the US Dollar which stepped in to fill that void. As the Dollar continues to crumble, another currency will have to take it's place.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 02:23 AM
link   
reply to post by spy66

Current US domestic production is 7.51 million barrels day

Current US oil imports is 9.45 million barrels day.

We would still have about 7/16 of our current supply.

If you totally cut off outside oil, there would still be plenty to run all the agricultural equipment, and critical transportation. You would see airplane travel severely curtailed. The heavy oils (kerosene) would be reserved for running farming equipment, freight locomotives and diesel trucks.

Total fuel consumed on jet airlines (as of 2008)… 14,019 million gallons.
Total fuel used on amtrac and freight locomotive…… around 4,000 million gallons.
Total fuel use on highway combination trucks (semi), (as of 2008) 26,810

So, if you killed all air passenger travel, and you restricted non critical truck usage, you could cut heavy fuel consumption by half. Restricting the usage of trucks that isn’t transporting critical stuff, and you could easily get it down far enough to run off of domestic production.

The only heavy cut would be the gasoline end of things. Automobiles usage/consumption would have to be cut down by over half.

The power isn’t much of a problem. Most of our power comes from coal, nuke, and hydro. The loss of production can easily be made up with usage restrictions.

There would be enough stuff to go around. But the economy would tank for a while from the server restrictions.

But all that stuff wouldn’t happen. Other countries don’t want to starve. That is a natural tendency for living people, so they would give us fuel in exchange for food. If our dollar is worthless. Then they will give us a “good” currency (Chinese currency) in exchange for food that we can use to buy fuel.

Just because a currency fails, doesn’t mean basic economics stops working. People want things, and they will give you stuff of value to get them. you can use that stuff of value to buy what you need after they buy what they need off of you..

edit on 3-3-2011 by Mr Tranny because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 03:26 AM
link   
reply to post by mnemeth1

Just more idiotic fear-mongering from yet another ATS member.

Perhaps when you're done trying to scare people, you can get off of your soapbox long enough to see that people don't have to play along with this broken currency and the system that enables it.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 03:28 AM
link   
It would be the best thing that could happen to the US.

Do you think all the illegals are going to stick around for the crash or being payed in worthless money.

Then we could just stop all trade with china and bankrupt all the turn coat US companies that went there.

The real joke is we have enough gold and silver still in the ground in the US to back our money if we had to..

There is really nothing we need from china that we could not get in the US.

The environmentalist would freak out in the US but they are a big part of the problem that caused this.
The environmentalist never wanted a clean environment as much as they wanted power and control in the US.
Just look at all the environment laws and how they really work. they have only one goal and that is to force corporations to leave the US.
They are not about a clean US they are about demonising manufacturing and destroying corporate America.
But most Americans are just to stupid to see it

The US would see who there friends are and then cut off all the others and let them deal with China.
Shortly China would show there real colors.

This will likely go over the heads of a number of posters here. and i fully expect it to.
but i also expect a few people to flame me and try to prove me wrong. good luck at that i have been around way to long to believe in Santa the Treehugger.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 03:43 AM
link   
This is the only way China can continue to grow. This means that China will raise wages, so that the people of China can start to buy their own produced goods. Eventually this will lead to Chinese workers being able to afford imported goods, and open up a huge market.

This is great news for U.S. workers, who won't have to compete with China's slave wages. The U.S. manufacturing industry will rebuild better than ever. This is bad news for ICs, who are running out of good cheap labor.

The real answer, is when we rebuild our manufacturing centers, to eliminate ICs from the equation.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 04:20 AM
link   
G20 Summit last year in Soul with the US leading the charge has been pressuring china to stop reducing anf keeping their currency value low for quite some time now

Anyways looks like the US got what it wanted - China to stop manlipulating their own currency

G-20 refuses to back U.S. push on China's currency
11/12/2010

SEOUL (AP) —Leaders of 20 major economies on Friday refused to back a U.S. push to make China boost its currency's value

The G-20's failure to adopt the U.S. stand has underlined Washington's reduced influence on the international stage, especially on economic matters.

The biggest disappointment for the United States was the pledge by the leaders to refrain from "competitive devaluation" of currencies. Such a statement is of little consequence since countries usually only devalue their currencies — making it less worth against the dollar — in extreme situations like a severe financial crisis.

The statement decided against using a slightly different wording favored by the U.S. — "competitive undervaluation," which would have shown the G-20 taking a stronger stance on China's currency policy.

The crux of the dispute is Washington's allegations that Beijing is artificially keeping its currency, the yuan, weak to gain a trade advantage.

U.S. business lobbies say that a cheaper yuan costs American jobs because production moves to China to take advantage of low labor costs and undervalued currency.

A stronger yuan would shrink the U.S. trade deficit with China, which is on track this year to match its 2008 record of $268 billion, and encourage Chinese companies to sell more to their own consumers rather than rely so much on the U.S. and others to buy low-priced Chinese goods.

But the U.S. position has been undermined by its own central bank's decision to print $600 billion to boost a sluggish economy, which is weakening the dollar.

Friday's statement is also unlikely to resolve the most vexing problem facing the G-20 members: how to fix a global economy that's long been marked by huge U.S. trade deficits with exporters like China, Germany and Japan.

Americans consume far more in foreign goods and services from these countries than they sell abroad.

The G-20 leaders said they will try to reduce the gaps between nations running large trade surpluses and those running deficits

Source: www.usatoday.com...

Looks like Americans were lapping up and loving all the cheap imported goods for years and years

U.S finally got its own way PUSHED china into boosting its currency's value

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 04:33 AM
link   
Wow.

I think the best way to analysis all possibilities & probabilities, is to forget for a second, about countries - As Marx said, regarding the dialectics, religion is replaced by politics, which is then replaced by economics. We're playing Eco now folks.

So sure, China, in theory could collapse the currency markets, but wouldn't, because if they destroy the economies of the nations that buy their crap, they'll be broke right after.

Agree with prior poster, China has it's own serious problems, there's just too many of them & they've never been on the same page - However, strategically, I would consider one real threat - due to the One Child Policy, there's something like 39 million chinese men who'll be looking for wives soon, and they ain't got em' - Although there is a surplus of S.East Asian woman, Chinese don't generally take to the woman there, so possibly, if all else fails, you could start trading your woman for goods, seriously, especially considering, aside from food, the first wars were often raids for viable women.

Now usually, I'd say, if the SHTF, you could just, use all your guns & go back to a militia roleplay where you take back your own production means, but honestly, how many of you have a surplus of seeds to get started with, even if you can take back, and then hold the land? Doesn't montesanto purposely engineer the seeds so they fail after each crop, or without their particular insecticides?

And no offense, but everyone around the world knows you guys (N.America) sold out to be Montesanto's bitch a long time ago - There's a couple of farmers who've been trying to fight the battle solo, but you guys don't seem to be helping them one bit? Why not take all those guns & militia like attitudes you have & go and guard the farmers desperately trying to keep the black armies of montesanto off their land & out of there food? Above and beyond that, you should at least be trying to find out who the lawyers & court reps are who are letting GM'er's win in court, and at least write a few threatening letters.

I say this, because before you should get to worrying about currency, gold & silver, you're gonna' need something to eat, and to drink for that matter - And if you're like Canada, you're selling off your water as quick as it can be bottled, and you're letting them sell your most precious natural resource right back to you.

Blue Gold - it's what's in.

I don't think you should really let you pit yourselves against one another anymore with talks of nations & faith, it is after all, now a world about money - purely, and without cloak.

As for quelling the protest via martial law, sure, or what would probably be easier, is to pretend Aliens are here, and therefore you have to stay indoors & censor your communications lest aliens determine your infrastructure.

And as for reinstating your production means, um, yeah, if the people who actually own all those means decide to stay in your martial lawed, genetically seeded heaven, but the rich generally like not to overpay for things, so I would think, they'll probably take off to countries where 'protection' is a lot cheaper,

which means all the security forces, the homeland, the army, the national guard, blackwater, and the police, will probably get a pink slip just like everyone else.

And then you'll have a nation full of disaffected, un-unified, gun toting people, with a total breakdown in law and order, and even though you've got the land & the know how, I doubt you'll be able to organize yourselves long enough to get any crops planted.

Plus, last I heard, your water systems are so polluted with pharmaceuticals, even the shrimp have developed depression.

C'mon guys, no matter how bad it is, you are a shining light, and if you fall down, the world will be in a seriously darker place.

Where's Captain America, at least?

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 05:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Mr Tranny

Don't forget that the US consume about 28 million bbl/day at current rate.

US proven oil reserve is 21 billion. How many days would it take for the US to consume 21 billion bbl at current rate?

But since the US is a nation with great debt. The US would have to export a large portion of their oil reserves to be able to pay their debt. In other words you have to sell oil first than pay interest on your debt. Than you can consume whats left.

I hardly think you see the picture here. But you guys are screwed. The oil you have in the ground ain't even American property anymore. It belongs to your creditors.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 05:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by morder1

EDIT: Yes what the poster above said, buy silver!!! it will protect your assets at the minimum, what have you got to lose?

You can't eat silver dude. If society goes down the pan and/or radically changes, your silver won't be worth a can of beans. Literally. What will count will be skills/knowledge/supplies/friendship. Have you not grasped that yet?
edit on 3-3-2011 by starchild10 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 05:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Kargun

Wrong, the Chinese and Russians made a deal to trade oil and natural gas using their OWN currencies. Thus, devaluing the dollar as the world reserve currency. The turmoil in the Middle East will be the end of the US, the dollar, the markets and worthless T-bills.

China and Russia are gradually revolting against the U.S. dollar. This latest move to shift bilateral trade away from it is significant in itself because China-Russian trade

Moreover, as this policy extends to Russian exports of oil and natural gas to China, it threatens the global "petro-currency" status of the U.S. dollar.

Russia is already the second biggest oil exporter and the biggest natural gas exporter in the world.

In other words, the growing importance of Russia and China in the global energy picture -- and their phasing out of dollar usage for trading energy commodities -- would marginalize the status of the dollar.

Read more: www.ibtimes.com...

Lindsey Williams explains it all:

edit on 3-3-2011 by yayeeya because: (no reason given)

edit on 3-3-2011 by yayeeya because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 06:43 AM
link   
This could be merely a piece of the perfect storm that seems to be brewing. Other pieces are things like severe weather anomalies, a 'solar Katrina', ecological poisoning and collapse, etc.

I hope we get through March without TSHTF. I won't be ready until April.

edit on 3-3-2011 by Student X because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 08:20 AM
link   
NESARA

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 08:25 AM
link   
well, indeed, the us do not produce anymore goods for their own country. what a shame. i was 1990 the first time in the usa (i am from germany). i bought at that time many t-shirts. the material (cotton) is very thick and from high quality. the shirts are now more than 20 years old and still they are in perfect shape. MADE IN THE USA! in the meanwhile i´v been 6 times to the usa and can tell for sure, that this country is the IMPORT world champion nowadays, all made in indonesia, china and bangladesh!

besides micro-chips and cars you ppl do not produce any things anymore, which are important and good enough to any other countries to import. even the so called hyper phone "iphone" is made in china..

it seems that the whole USA have been "outsourced" to asia.
edit on 3-3-2011 by mickey2011 because: to do some correction

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join