posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 07:00 AM
If you're truly worried about LED lights then you may as well be worried about every electronic part out there.
If only you knew the chemicals used in other electronic parts that make our radios, TVs, laptops, alarm clocks and so on.
Even the most basic components can contain some pretty bad stuff inside of them but it's not like people are breaking the stuff open every day to
expose themselves to the toxins.
LED bulbs on the outside are perfectly safe. Most newer LED lights are not made with the chemicals that were toxic in older bulbs.
Even at that who is going out and busting a bunch of them open with hammers?
As far as the type of lighting itself LEDs are much better for your overall health since they don't cause any electromagnetic fields like CFLs do
from their ballast. LEDs consume much less energy, last longer and blah blah I can go on but you know.
Open up an old AM/FM radio from the 80s and I bet half the parts inside of it on its circuit board contain stuff inside of them that is bad for you. I
bet the solder itself may even be bad if it's lead based which some older electronics used.
See my point?