It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Toy Tazer Is Great for Tasing Kids

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 09:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Frontkjemper
Guys 'n gals, dewad your panties please. This is a joke, it's Gizmodo we're talking about here. I've been a Giz reader for well over five years and they do not condone child abuse. This "toy tazer" is one of those "shock gags", like the lighters that give you a shock when you try to use 'em. It's meant for adults.

Gizmodo was only being sarcastic as they have been numerous times before.

You are absolutely correct, they are.

What I take issue with is what they are joking over. It might not be a big deal to some... but it is a huge deal to others. Child abuse is not a joking subject in my book...

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 09:51 PM
link   
reply to post by pianopraze

I’ve often wonder about that, I know I'm a bit naive, but i always thought if you were bought up by bad parents that it would make you be a better one.

You know if you were treated badly you wouldn’t want that for your own children.
Weird how some people are.

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 09:53 PM
link   
Would be a great prop for lil Policeman on Halloween

Tazer or Treat!

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 09:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Whateva69

I’ve often wonder about that, I know I'm a bit naive, but i always thought if you were bought up by bad parents that it would make you be a better one.

You know if you were treated badly you wouldn’t want that for your own children.
Weird how some people are.

Sadly abused children tend to be abusers when they grow up. It warps their since of love, right, and wrong. All relationships become about control. Those who were raised in good homes that fall into a relationship with an abuser don't understand what's going on, as abusers are often the most charming people in the world.

Yes many do break the cycle with lots of help from either loving people around them or psychological help. But too many more perpetuate the cycle of abuse.

You are truly blessed to not be exposed to it.

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 09:58 PM
link   
reply to post by crazydaisy

While I appreciate the humor in this, I can see it more likely ending up in the hands of the bully. Their parents would more likely either have one themselves or not care that their children possess one or carry it to school.

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 10:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by pianopraze
What I take issue with is what they are joking over. It might not be a big deal to some... but it is a huge deal to others. Child abuse is not a joking subject in my book...

So every time Homer chokes Bart on "The Simpsons", they advocate child abuse? It's humor, no one really tazes their kids (at least that I've heard of) so I don't really see a problem of this.
edit on 2-3-2011 by Frontkjemper because: Edit

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 10:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aloysius the Gaul
Dunno why "they" ever did away with corporal punishment - I mean it was perfect for getting kids used to being beaten up by police batons!!

I hear and applaud your sarcasm.

When you discipline children with violence you teach them the bigger and more violent person is in control. So when the child grows up to be larger/stronger/faster....

When you teach children self discipline, and self control with love as your guide... then when the child grows up...

Two different educational models. I know which I prefer.

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 10:06 PM
link   

So every time Homer chokes Bart on "The Simpsons", they advocate child abuse? It's humor, no one really tazes their kids (at least that I've heard of) so I don't really see a problem of this.
edit on 2-3-2011 by Frontkjemper because: Edit

I do not find the Simpsons humorous. I find them sad at best. Maybe good social commentary on the degeneration of society. Maybe social conditioning toward mindlessness... but not entertaining.

I am constantly amazed at the human tendency toward violence.

What you put into your body or soul is what comes out.

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 10:12 PM
link   

Yes, because everything I read or watch makes me want to go out and do it. Thanks to Giz's article on the "toy tazer", I now have an urge to go taze my eight year old... (Sarcasm FYI) If you're not sane enough to realize that they were being funny and you actually taze (or choke) your kids, then you're mentally unfit to even be a parent. I really find it hard to believe that anyone here or there would be that stupid.

My final word on the matter: Lighten up, there are countless of other more serious issues which could use your ire.

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 10:24 PM
link   
They have been trying to use electroshock therapy to cure outbursts and everything else under the sun for the last 150 years or so with negative results everytime.

So far it hasn't worked.

Heaven help me if I ever see a parent tazer their kid.
edit on 2-3-2011 by TheImmaculateD1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 10:29 PM
link   

Yes, because everything I read or watch makes me want to go out and do it. Thanks to Giz's article on the "toy tazer", I now have an urge to go taze my eight year old... (Sarcasm FYI) If you're not sane enough to realize that they were being funny and you actually taze (or choke) your kids, then you're mentally unfit to even be a parent. I really find it hard to believe that anyone here or there would be that stupid.

My final word on the matter: Lighten up, there are countless of other more serious issues which could use your ire.

If you were the victim of rape, you would not consider a joke about rape funny. You would find it very offensive that people even joke about the subject.

So kindly do not tell me which issues are more worthy of my ire. Maybe I should lighten up, but my example above should put this in perspective. This subject hits a lot closer to home than others on ATS.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 05:46 AM
link   
Disgusting.. And Barbaric.. Whats next electric chairs for kids or maybe junior t.s.a thug sets start junior off to be a good thug of the state..
One more example of perpetuating the culture of oppression and violence in the west...

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 01:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Bachrk

LOL Your house sounds just like my house! We have also bribed the newbies with money to touch them!

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 02:41 PM
link   

This rocks, i need to get a set!
No really they could be dern fun if only they came with more kick.
I get my giggles going to gun shows and visiting the tables with the cute lil shocking machines.
Especially if the sales person is hard selling one to a woman.
I puts the shocker to myself and let the sparks fly, all the while i let the sales person know, "yeah this is awful painful, i understand how good of a weapon this thing could be, this hurts" then i turn it off and hand it back to said sales person.
Lil shockers are a joke, a bad one too.
Tasers aren't much worse, they are just actually inside the muscle fiber is all.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join