It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Duh... Winning!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 08:33 PM
link   
Duh... Winning!

and

Yes We Can!

Catch Phrases.... very impacting, encapsulates theory or ideology in a few short words.

There are numerous catch phrases through out history some of them are far more impacting than others.

I will give all of you aspiring marketers well and everyone else a bit of a secret, almost all successful people be it companies or individuals all of them utilize a catch phrase of some sort; also notice how difficult it is for most people to come up with ("good") catch phrases.

Also somewhat odd how it's a really easy way to hypnotically connect groups of people behind a company, business, brand, or person... or ideology when you use catch phrases, because they can and usually do mean something different to each person who hears it.

I was reminded of this when I started saying it myself.... Duh... Winning! lol

Charlie Sheen rocks in my opinion! and dammit it isn't easy to come up with such an awesome catch phrase.

Catch phrases are a good way to package lots of information in a smaller form. Whether it's good or bad, it's one of the ways we humans use to process and package information.

Other than the obvious "Yes We Can"

can any of you think of any really good catch phrases that are funny or are associated with some historical event, or have some significant meaning to you?
or
Uncover any use of catch phrases in psy-ops or throughout history that was used to rally people or oppress people, over liberate people...

Language is an important thing to study... Had anyone else noticed how much catch phrases impact our society and how much they've been used knowingly or unknowingly to control groups of people?

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 08:38 PM
link   
reply to post by PuRe EnErGy

'I'm lovin it.'

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 08:41 PM
link   
"Seig heil!" I hear was pretty popular back in the 30's and 40's. "Amen" is another good one that's been used for nefarious purposes as well, sometimes good things, but very often not.

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 08:47 PM
link   
reply to post by PuRe EnErGy

Just do it.

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 08:50 PM
link   
If you guys can, find some history on the catch phrases, who came up with them, the dates... what groups if it wasn't an individual.

Or your opinion etc.. so that way it isn't just a thread of one liners. .. lol

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 08:56 PM
link   
Who dat?

is an English idiom originating from New Orleans for over a century. First referenced in poetry, the phrase was a common dialogue element between the performers and crowd at traveling minstrel shows in the region. Eventually, the phrase became used in US cinematic productions for two decades, including TV and movies. In WWII, the phrase became known as a source of entertainment for American soldiers. More recently, the phrase 'Who dat?' has become a chant of team support. It's most widely used by fans of the New Orleans Saints, an American football team. The entire chant is: "Who dat? Who dat? Who dat say dey gonna beat dem Saints?" "Who dat" may also be used as a noun, describing a Saints fan.

from wikipedia
en.wikipedia.org...

and I love Duh....Winning!

new topics

top topics

join