It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Documents Reveal TSA Plan To Body-Scan Pedestrians, Train Passengers

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+2 more 
posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 08:19 PM
link   

Documents Reveal TSA Plan To Body-Scan Pedestrians, Train Passengers

blogs.forbes.com
epic.org...

The non-profit Electronic Privacy Information Center (EPIC) on Wednesday published documents it obtained from the Department of Homeland Security showing that from 2006 to 2008 the agency planned a study of of new anti-terrorism technologies that EPIC believes raise serious privacy concerns. The projects range from what the DHS describes as “a walk through x-ray screening system that could be deployed at entrances to special events or other points of interest” to “covert inspection of moving subjects” employing the same backscatter imaging technology currently used in American airports
(visit the link for the full news article)

edit on 2-3-2011 by DimensionalDetective because: (no reason given)

+3 more 
posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 08:19 PM
link   
Haha, WE HAVE BEEN TRYING TO TELL YOU THIS PEOPLE---They are NOT going to stop at AIRPORTS!

If these greedy power-mongering mega-corps and their minions in the DHS and TSA get their way, they will be violating you through EVERY medium of transportation and movement, including even WALKING on public streets!

So for all the folks apathetically saying, "if you don't like it, just don't FLY", you better wake the hell up! We already saw the story of them recently harrassing folks getting off a train, and I just put up a story about the commercial vehicle backscatter x-ray check-points that are popping up with more frequency.

Give these people an inch, they will take a mile. Everyone needs to read this report and get on the phones and writing to their representative. This is straight out of Orwell's 1984.

blogs.forbes.com
epic.org...
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 2-3-2011 by DimensionalDetective because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 08:28 PM
link   
ohhh. it wont be long before there are more protests and/or riots here. Hopefully sooner than later the majority of people will wake up and see what is going on , and decide to take our freedoms back , and take honor to what the country was founded on.

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 08:28 PM
link   

edit on 2-3-2011 by toolstarr because: sorry , double post for some reason

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 08:33 PM
link   
I am seriously scared for my Freedoms and liberty anymore... especially since i have "woken up" late last year... Just started reading 1984 myself... its funny all my parents, and people i know in their 50+ age all had to read that book in high school, but i had not even heard of it until a few months ago... Im about 130 pages into it, and holy crap is it scary... the scariest part is how TRUE it really is... heres a quote out of it, its the part i just finished reading... Really hits home

"In a way, the world-view of the Party imposed itself most successfully on people incapable of understanding it. They could be made to accept the most flagrant violations of reality, because they never fully grasped the enormity of what was demanded of them, and were not sufficiently interested in public events to notice what was happening. By lack of understanding they remained sane. They simply swallowed everything, and what they swallowed did them no harm, because it left no residue behind, just as a grain of corn will pass undigested through the body of a bird. "

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 08:38 PM
link   
We must be prepared to stand on the Fourth Amendment! Ask them how this is NOT unreasonable search.

Somehow these evil flickers must be stopped.

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 08:40 PM
link   
dude they will soon scanning you in your sleep:0

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 09:11 PM
link   
If I see no protests of a magnitude such that the MSM can't ignore them, I will finally have to concede that the American spirit is broken.

The WORLD needs to know that Americans have never stood for this Orwellian pseudo-fascism, and we DO NOT stand for it now.

I don't know what I am going to do that can help reverse this horrendous trend.... so don't bother asking.... but damnit..., I am an American in my own country...

Soon, if I get near anything they deem an 'asset' THEY have the right to assume I am a criminal.
There is something ethically wrong here.
Some fundamental aspect of freedom is being cruelly violated.

Something at the core of human equality is being erased,
citizens are supposed to have a right to a dignified existence;
are we not citizens?

The rule-makers feel no impact, they make no surrender;
When they travel, the world is expected to open for them, security gets posted.

What do they know of the indignity of a groping, the brusque treatment by some nameless authoritarian functionary.

We get so angry sometimes that we haphazardly talk about our limits, and what may happen if they cross some imaginary line....

Have we scared our politicians so much?
Are they so frightened that they see us as the threat to be contained?

Are they that weak (or guilty?)

Premise: Everyone is potentially dangerous.
Result: Trust no one.

Healthy attitude to live in, huh? Our government's culture is sick and in denial.

Any theories as how to treat the patient? And please don't say "bloodletting" ... they're apparently frightened enough already....

There is one complicating factor; our government policy makers are predominantly corporate appointees. Do you think that has anything to do with the illness? It always appears these government-prone corporations pursue empire.... every pursuit of empire throughout history has ended in decay and strife.... except now, for the few who can "externalize" the risk.... in a win lose scenario, someone must lose, when they have nothing to lose, we lose.

Some may think the military industrial complex will keep the government in this 'mindset' for as long as they can continue to siphon off trillions of dollars worth of our labor.... and I wonder if that may very well be the case....

..... yeah, I'm that blown away by where this appears to be headed. Sorry about the rant.... it been a long difficult millennium thus far. Somebody pour me a pity drink, I have some thinking to do.....
edit on 3-3-2011 by Maxmars because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 09:31 PM
link   
It'll probably be mandated one day that all homes have scanners placed at any entrance and window.

This will not be to scrutinize the home owners when they leave but for any visitors they may have of course.

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 09:50 PM
link   
reply to post by DimensionalDetective

Resist them! Confront them in public when you see this and others will back you up! We won't put up with it! We can see through their attempts at slavery and making us feel like we're dangerous terrorists!

We shall prevail! V for Victory!

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/adf3d9e09dbd.jpg[/atsimg]
edit on 2-3-2011 by Topato because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 10:35 PM
link   
Wont be long before in addition to the scans, searches that internal passports and travel permits will be required for travel within the u.s...

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 10:44 PM
link   
So.....Today by their action and ruling the omnipotent U. S. supreme court (no capital letters earned or deserved) supports the rights of a radical, brutal, unethical, immoral, and many other adjectives so-called church allowing them to protest innocent hero's and other's deaths at an incalculable cost. They did so by invoking constitutional rights. However, more overt and ultimately far more wide-ranging rights go completely ignored, and even punished? The double standard boggles the mind.

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 10:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Maxmars

Any theories as how to treat the patient? And please don't say "bloodletting" ... they're apparently frightened enough already....

Well, Max... You knew I had to jump in here...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

And join the Ethical Planetarian Party. The solution IS planetary, not confined to one arbitrary set of borders.

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 10:53 PM
link   
I was among the many that, in the past, stated that this would happen.
Dang, I hate being right. This is so off the chart that to express my thoughts in a reasonable, coherent manner is becoming difficult.

When will enough be enough? When will the scales tip so far that we we see the freedoms lost for the sake of safety?

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 11:14 PM
link   
You can expect to see radiation screeners on every piece of property that isn't a street or you or your friend's home.

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 11:37 PM
link   
Well.....we told you so

How much you want to bet that there will be people posting here to explain how this doesnt violater our right and if were innocent what does it matter as long as were safe from some sheepherder in a cave somewhere?

How much do you want to bet the same LEOs here who SWEAR they will side with us.....next time of course...........will be using these same scanners on us? I would love to see just ONE of them come on here and say they will NOT follow those orders if and when they are given.

I can see them being placed in schools, malls, hotels, etc.....anywhere they can twist the idea of "public" by the time our kids....or grandkids if your my age.....are grown they will be in every house

Happy 1984 everyone
edit on 2-3-2011 by lastrebel because: to add

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 12:48 AM
link   
I just have one wish for those TSA people and all those who support/put this in place : YOU'LL ALL END UP DEAD OR IN JAIL WHEN THE PEOPLE RISE UP.

You totalitarian scumbags need to move to 1937 in the Soviet Union and in 1933 in Nazi Germany and in today's North Korea.

You're a DISGRACE to the human race and should commit suicide.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 12:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

Dont suger coat it tell us how you really feel

I agree and disagree

The real discrace is US

We allow them to walk all over us with at BEST a whjmper like a scared dog. We deserve this IF we allow it to happen. Does a slave that doesnt even have the courage to demand their freedom deserve it?

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 01:54 AM
link   
reply to post by DimensionalDetective

Covert scanning is illegal. Its been ruled illegal already, and has been upheld by the courts as illegal.

More power to them for trying something the courts have said no to time and againt.

Granted there is no expectation of privacy in public, but a person does not lose the 4th amendment protections in place against the government for search and seizure.

I think the TSA really needs to look at court cases befopre wasting money.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 03:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Xcathdra

Xcathdra, once again you show the solidarity of your police academy indoctrination by speaking of some mythical world where the elitists (your bosses), in any way actually care about, or are bound by the laws that you are hired to enforce.

These are LE's latest toy and as the price goes down the demand will go up so the price will go down more. There is no stopping it now and if you think there are privacy injustices now, just wait until the hand held models hit the market. I'm sure there are already vans driving around watching people as they sleep in their own homes. Why wouldn't there be. We've caught them doing everything else within their grasp. They need now only to trim a little more fat off of our civil liberties to make it legal. That seems to take little more than a pen now days.
edit on 3-3-2011 by dainoyfb because: it needed clarification.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join