It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pope exonerates Jews for Jesus' death

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 08:16 PM
link   
news.yahoo.com...

Hope this isn't a repost. I did a search.

Am I off base here or isn't this a bit presumptuous of a mere man? With all due respect to the catholics out there... Who does this mortal think he is to believe he has the right and authority to exonerate an entire race of people over something that was preordained by the Father?

Isn't the leader of the Catholic faith missing the point entirely...the same point millions of others have missed for the last 2000 years.

In the church where I was raised, Jesus was SENT to earth to be sacrificed for our sins in order to provide a path to heaven for mankind. The Jews and the Romans were merely tools in God's plan. It matters not which race or races of people were involved.

This whole argument over who killed Jesus is entirely irrelevant when one remembers that his death and resurrection were part of God's plan to provide a way to save us all from hell.

So....in a nutshell, every human living since His crucifixion killed Jesus. That was the whole purpose of his life and time on earth. It would have happened regardless of who the unlucky race of people involved may have happened to be.

edit on 2-3-2011 by Hugues de Payens because: Editorial change

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 08:20 PM
link   
I would have thought the act was immediately forgiven considering it was intended by god.

"Forgive them for they know not what they do"?

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 08:27 PM
link   
Hrmmmm.... I don't know how many times I was told this in bible class.

God sent Jesus, his only son, to die for our sins.

How can you be guilty of killing someone who was destined for death anyways?

I don't get it.

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 08:30 PM
link   
My point exactly. Thank you for the reply.

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 08:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Hugues de Payens

It all boils down to politics. The Roman Catholic Church wasn't exactly sympathetic towards the Jews in WWII.

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 08:36 PM
link   

Right on ! We all are responsible for the horrible death of Jesus . The Jew's were a chosen people and I thought I knew what that meant for some time . But now I have come to understand that Judas was chosen as well as the other Apostles and Jewish people through out history . As Judas was chosen to do his task , nothing could have prevented him from completing that task . Those that said they were Jews but were not as Jesus said but were the sons of Satan I believe are also here now carrying out the task given them today of bringing about the World government needed to issue the world currency of the Antichrist and standardize the mechanism ( Internet) that will be used to implement the Mark of the Beast system . This does not include Gods Remnant .
If you will look at every banking situation of any significance it is permeated with Jews as is well as media news or movie , government or court systems . Our 12 privately owned Federal Reserve Banks are owned by 10 Ashkenazi Jewish families as well as the world bank ect . They are active in doing those things that God did tell us about 2,000 years ago . The heart beat of the world is in Jerusalem .

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 08:41 PM
link   
reply to post by BodhiSeeker

Correct, thus this feel good PC BS from the current pope. It goes much deeper and is much much older than WWII I believe, however.

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 08:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hugues de Payens

Correct, thus this feel good PC BS from the current pope. It goes much deeper and is much much older than WWII I believe, however.

It doesn't look too pretty en.wikipedia.org... and en.wikipedia.org... goes all the way back to the Early Church Fathers.

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 08:55 PM
link   
The papacy is a political organization, so any actions by the pope are purely political. No grand design here, not by any human. And yes, the pope is human as was Jesus.
"Jews" don't have to be exonerated, and get this, white people don't have to be forgiven for killing Martin Luther King, either.
The pope only has power because people allow him to have it. Stop allowing it.
Jesus was a man. More than likely, he did not die on the cross. Read some real history.
Spirituality survives because the spirit does, so nurture the spirit. The spirit does not require memorizing scripture, or bible quotes. That just makes you a Christian warrior. Throw down those weapons.

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 08:58 PM
link   

I agree. I thought the church is supposed to be god-driven and not politically motivated. But didn't they alter the Ten commandments recently so they appealed to a younger generation?

And with regards to 'forgiving the jews'- wasn't the pope a nazi?

PTX

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 08:59 PM
link   

I wonder if he exonerated all his employee priests that assaulted thousands of little boys and girls..

But exonerating the Jews for Jesus??
God must be laughing at that rubbish....

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 09:10 PM
link   

Agreed!
First, The guy has no right to release anybody from persecution, the only person that is said to be able to do that in the Bible is god. Wether you believe in it or not the bible talks against that sort of thing. I'd say it's arrogance that gives him the ability to exonerate "the Jews."
Second, yeah, I'm pretty sure that the murder of Jesus wasn't caused by all Jews. That doesn't make sense, Jesus was a Jew. So if all Jews are responsible for the murder of Jesus then that means Jesus murdered himself. Which itself is ridiculous and a sin.
Honestly, I think the papacy is pretty much just a dogmatic, arrogant, mockery of the Bible's message but I can understand where others might not agree. I feel like it's just a former dictatorship that has lost a lot of it's control (at least visibly). These days they make announcements such as this to "keep up with the times"'and seem friendlier to everybody.
Peace!

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 09:17 PM
link   

I wonder if the Jews themselves may have had a say in this..

While the Catholic Church has for five decades taught that Jews weren't collectively responsible, Jewish scholars said Wednesday the argument laid out by the German-born pontiff, who has had his share of mishaps with Jews, was a landmark statement from a pope that would help fight anti-Semitism today.

"Holocaust survivors know only too well how the centuries-long charge of 'Christ killer' against the Jews created a poisonous climate of hate that was the foundation of anti-Semitic persecution whose ultimate expression was realized in the Holocaust," said Elan Steinberg of the American Gathering of Holocaust Survivors and their Descendants.

No offence but one religion should not try and dictate what another religion does..

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 09:28 PM
link   
is this new? im not catholic, but if he exonerated the "jews" what does that make of the trinity and all the other beliefs catholics believe?

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 11:07 PM
link   
Wow, I'm no Bible scholar but wasn't it a Roman who ordered the death of Jesus? I mean, clearly the Jews played a role in setting him up but as far as I know it was Romans who actually carried out the crucifixion.

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 11:11 PM
link   
the pope...

the man with one of the biggest bank accounts on the planet.

Sorry but i can't help but

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 12:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ausar
is this new? im not catholic, but if he exonerated the "jews" what does that make of the trinity and all the other beliefs catholics believe?

Absolutely nothing.

Why would you believe that one had a bearing on the other?

Eric

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 12:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hugues de Payens
Am I off base here or isn't this a bit presumptuous of a mere man? With all due respect to the catholics out there... Who does this mortal think he is to believe he has the right and authority to exonerate an entire race of people over something that was preordained by the Father?

edit on 2-3-2011 by Hugues de Payens because: Editorial change

I think that you may want to go back and reread the article. There is no indication in the article that the Pope says that he or the Church exonerates the Jews. That was a statement by Nicole Winfield, the author of the article. There is also no claim of 'forgiving' the Jews.

In addition to being Pope, he is a well educated and respected theologian. He wrote a book about the latter part of the life of Jesus and included his thoughts on faulty exegesis of the Gospels that have plagued the Jews centuries.

After participating on ATS for years, I'm well aware that the Catholic Church will be blamed for everything from bad weather that ruined someones picnic to the Yankees not winning the World Series, but how on earth is the Pope being presumptuous here?

Eric

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 12:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Planet teleX

I agree. I thought the church is supposed to be god-driven and not politically motivated. But didn't they alter the Ten commandments recently so they appealed to a younger generation?

And with regards to 'forgiving the jews'- wasn't the pope a nazi?

PTX

What? Can you please share your source about the Catholic Church's recent changes to the 10 Commandments?

The current Pope was forced to become a signatory member of the Hitler Youth as a young teen. It makes for a nice soundbite, but before claiming someone was a nazi some research would be nice.

Eric

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 12:54 AM
link   
Let's not hash over the religious part of this - let's get to the meat and potatoes and ask WHY is the Pope announcing this NOW? I mean this is politics, NOT religion we're talking here.

So, why when the Catholic Church has known this from day one are they only releasing this information now?

THAT'S the question that needs an answer...one I don't have of course, lol.

peace

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join