It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hve you noticed someone talking in the background of your tv?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 06:44 PM
link   
Hello all, it has been a very long time since my last post on here, I did a search to see if anyone has posted anything like this and found nothing.

I am currently living in Texas and my cable provider is roadrunner....I have noticed not all the the time but sometimes people talking somewhat formally in the background in between commercials....sometimes a man sometimes a woman. I cannot remember exactly what I have heard, but hearing anything seemed to be pretty unusual since we have all gone digital...and because of that, what could be in the background?

Anyway, a while back I started a thread about all of us being forced into going digital that really didn't get many responses, but I really don't care about that...I just want to talk about things that no one may have noticed yet...and I have noticed voices in the background of regular programmed tv.

What could this be?, has anyone else heard it?.....please tell me what this is and how it is happenening because it is really starting to get on my nerves....it sounds to me like military people, even though sounding bored, they are still there perhaps monitoring who knows what.

Thank you, and am hoping to hear what you all have to say.

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 06:49 PM
link   
I would suggest you get some way to record, whether it be vhs, audio recorder, tivo, anything.

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 06:50 PM
link   
you'll have to get some recordings of this....and i'm sure someone here would be able to analyze it!

I thought i noticed something similar listening to pandora radio with headphones, but i'm sure it's just me

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 06:54 PM
link   
Wow, didn't expect to get any replies so fast.

I have noticed that the channels that this is happening on...the audio sounds like the gain is turned up too loud...as if the speakers on my tv are going to go out, but the sound is turned down to a really acceptable level...as usual.

I am, going to try to get a recording of this, but it may be something low tech like a vid off my cellphone.

Right now it is happening alot on channel 11 WGN.
edit on 2-3-2011 by Vandermast because: to add more info

edit on 2-3-2011 by Vandermast because: small keys, big fingers

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 07:13 PM
link   
It could be HAM radios coming in through unshielded speakers.
It could be crosstalk on the channels.

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 07:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Vandermast

its circuitry. any electronic component with teh right "DISTANCE" gap between can actually act as a transducer. ( audio -> electronic signal or. electronic signal -> audio )

like inside every fone jack in your house.

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 07:28 PM
link   

There have been a couple of times when I am watching television and close my eyes to go to sleep, that I have noticed this.

I kind of like tune the sound out that should be there and then I have heard something or someone talking in the background. On one occasion I rolled over to see what in the world they were talking about, but when I did the normal sound that should have been there returned.
Probably something to do with my sub-conscious.

Anyway...the answer is yes.

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 08:53 PM
link   

This is very interesting.

Hey, what was it that sounded military? Have you been able to make out any bits of the conversation?

I really get a feeling sometimes that something's up with cable boxes, modems, etc. Just a weird feeling, though.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 04:22 AM
link   
reply to post by JohnKarl

Hello, thanks for being interested....what made me think it sound military-ish, is that what ever the man was saying at the time sounded like it was coming from a walkie talkie, or a police radio.
And this only happens on cetain channels, and every one of these channels sounds like they are going to make my speakers blow up even when the sound is only on 9 which is pretty low. The tv is a 32 inch plasma, dont know if that would matter.

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 02:14 AM
link   
I hate to ask but have you had anyone else listen to see if they're hearing the same thing? I don't know too much about subliminal messages (It's a possibility to consider, right?) but I would think that if that were the case then it would be monotonous and not distracting. I hope you can get a recording of it, that would be interesting to hear.

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 07:00 AM
link   
This has happened to me too... I have a CRT TV if that matters, and this was back when I still had cable (Comcast) Have not noticed it on the same TV now that I only watch DVDs, but perhaps that's just because I'm not in front of the TV as often.

I just assumed it was some kind of interference like when you have a cell phone go off by a speaker it makes that odd beeping sound.

The first thing that came to mind when hearing this was also that it sounded like the sound coming from a walkie talkie.

I don't know, no explanation, never seemed that odd to me.

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 11:11 AM
link   
overlapping audio?

sometimes there is a commercial on top of a commercial or like when a commercial ends it then shows the end of another right after.

destroy your tv.

top topics

join