It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Second Sun on China MSM Today 3/2/2011

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 04:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Chickensalad

Typing on iPod is hard

edit on 3-3-2011 by Ghost375 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 04:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ghost375
reply to post by Chickensalad

Please delete

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 04:12 PM
link   
The woman is talking about the sighting and saying that it is thought to be a weather phenomenon...

Then the man or scientist person is talking and saying it is a very rare sighting of the sun and moon near each other during moonrise and sunset..

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 04:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by IAMSEEKER
reply to post by theabsolutetruth

Thanks for your post.

I would be on something else right now if it wasn't for people to come forward and say that they witnessed something similar in different part of the world.

It doesn't tell us what it is, but at least we know it's a real phenomenon observe by the naked eye without filter of any sort (windows...)

....but the most important thing right now is to get a translation of that video.

Here's your translation - explained under the video.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 04:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Seekeye2

Originally posted by IAMSEEKER
reply to post by theabsolutetruth

Thanks for your post.

I would be on something else right now if it wasn't for people to come forward and say that they witnessed something similar in different part of the world.

It doesn't tell us what it is, but at least we know it's a real phenomenon observe by the naked eye without filter of any sort (windows...)

....but the most important thing right now is to get a translation of that video.

members.beforeitsnews.com...

Here's your translation - explained under the video.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 04:25 PM
link   

headline story, we have a video given to us today, by a man who claims he saw and filmed 2 suns this afternoon." Male anchor man says, "The sun appears to be reflected in the clouds to cause an optical illusion, but the man who took this video insists he was seeing two suns." Man interviewed, "I know this sounds absurd, but I when I was filming my family, I saw two suns among the clouds and filmed it. I do not know how else to explain it."

Source:______beforeitsnews/story/456/530/2ND_SUN_FILMED_IN_CHINA_MARCH_2.html

The comment and a possible explanation is given by someone who posted on the same page :

It's an atmospheric optical trick. Very cold, high atmosphere water droplets turn into ice and reflect like a mirror. More on this and other pretty cool effects here: www.atoptics.co.uk...

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 04:27 PM
link   
Well - I'll wait for the canadian winter to pass by so the clouds leave with it and show the sun again.

Then I'll be paying attention.

It's kinda what they said about some native americans from the new world not seeing the boat in the horizon simply because they had never seen such thing.

It's only when some people pointed out there were boats coming from afar that everyone saw it.
By knowing the possibility of such a thing, we all slowly gonna start seeing it!!!!

You just can't ignore the prophecies about the sky turning red and burning the planet when you see something like this.

Then again. If an illusion created by bluebeam, thats exactly the effect they're looking for.....

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 04:35 PM
link   
Simply an internal reflection in the camera lenses.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 04:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Essan

I have to disagree..I sat here and thought about when the last time I looked at the sun...(before this post of course). The answer.....I don't really remember the last time I actually looked at the direction of the sun either rising, full, or setting. I don't really think people noticed..Even when I went to the store the other day I couldn't even tell you if it was cloudy or not. I don't think people have time to really observe anything anymore..we are too busy to pay attention to the details.

When was the last time you looked long and hard at the sky, sun, stars, planets? Why don't you ask a friend who isn't part of ats..someone "normal"
Ask them when the last time they really looked at a sunset..

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 04:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by alienreality
The woman is talking about the sighting and saying that it is thought to be a weather phenomenon...

Then the man or scientist person is talking and saying it is a very rare sighting of the sun and moon near each other during moonrise and sunset..

thats exactly what i thought

but im sure many will say its the famous Planet X aka Nibiru

edit on 3/3/2011 by Ben81 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 04:49 PM
link   
....if anyone remembers the movie - 2010: the year we make contact.

Leonov leaves Jupiter just before the Monoliths engulf Jupiter and increase its density to the point that nuclear fusion occurs, transforming the planet into a small star. Bowman appears once again to Hal and assures him that once he completes this final mission he will be with Bowman as an immortal being like himself. But before that can happen, he commands Hal to repeatedly broadcast a final message to Earth: ALL THESE WORLDS ARE YOURS EXCEPT EUROPA ATTEMPT NO LANDING THERE USE THEM TOGETHER USE THEM IN PEACE The new star's miraculous appearance inspires the American and Soviet leaders to seek peace. Europa gradually transforms from an icy wasteland to a humid jungle covered with plant life. A Monolith stands in a swamp, waiting for intelligent life forms to come and find it. Cast

Just thought it was interesting.

taken from:

en.wikipedia.org...
edit on 3-3-2011 by IAMSEEKER because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 04:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Neopan100

"The best laid plans of mice and men Will all come crashing down again"

Im sorry but that is plagiarism,, your not a german minister are you? Just an inside joke at your expence, sorry.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 04:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Pauligirl

Will you please stop spamming that fraud site?
edit on 3-3-2011 by Agent_USA_Supporter because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 05:00 PM
link   

Please take a look at this image..I thought it was really interesting, that looks like a planet to me what do you guys think?

More here at www.solarcycle24.com...

Take a look at Lasco C3

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 05:21 PM
link   
I have seen this myself earlier this year. so I started to take pictures of it. I managed to duplicate every type of sundog you can think of. then I took a pic with a very old cell phone and captured an object just like in the videos. it was clearly not any sort of reflection. I was pretty excited about it till I decided to download stellarium. apparently the thing I was seeing everyday at 2:30pm, was the moon.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 05:28 PM
link   
you can hide some of the things some of the time but you can't hide all the things all the time...Get ready, its almost here !!!!

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 05:32 PM
link   
Here's the original "MSM" link ...
Taiwan Television (Article)

Here's there Wikipedia page:
Taiwan Television (Wikipedia)

If you use Chrome or Iron as your web-browser, it can translate the page (but not the Audio/Video) for you automatically.

PS: Looks like an optical illusion to be (atmospheric refraction or some such).
edit on 2011-3-3 by EnhancedInterrogator because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 05:37 PM
link   
I saw the same thing in oklahoma last week...
it was a cloudy day...
I was like WTF?, for the longest, then i noticed when clouds would cover up the sun you could stare directly at the other object and it wouldn't hurt your eyes...
thats when i realized it was just the moon...

i will say that i had never seen that before, is there anything strange going on with the lunar orbit?

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 05:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by CLPrime
If it were a planet, it would have to be between the Earth and Sun because no planets is so large that it could be as large as the sun and on the opposite side of it. That means it should be dark on the side that faces Earth. This is obviously not dark, so it's not a planet.

If it were a star on the opposite side of the sun, it would be gravitationally opposing the sun and would be throwing the entire solar system into chaos.

Obviously, it's neither of those. Because it's an atmospheric illusion.

I'm buying your logic CLPrime - if the object had mass we'd be seeing all sorts of mass physical effects on our planet (something more than a few eathequakes btw).
It's a shame the 'two sun' youtube videos seem to jump to the Nibiru conclusion before evaluating the potential scientific reasoning for these types of illusions.

A 'Nibiru' will come but my scientific definition of what we'll see is something more akin to a supernova or another distant celestial event of amazing proportions.
edit on 3-3-2011 by digitalf because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 05:55 PM
link   
i dont think the translation has been posted, if you go to the youtube site where the video is posted there (just click the youtube link - bottom right in the video) it says under the video:

She says, "Tonight's headline story, we have a video given to us today, by a man who claims he saw and filmed 2 suns this afternoon." Male anchor man says, "The sun appears to be reflected in the clouds to cause an optical illusion, but the man who took this video insists he was seeing two suns." Man interviewed, "I know this sounds absurd, but I when I was filming my family, I saw two suns among the clouds and filmed it. I do not know how else to explain it."

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join