It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Second Sun on China MSM Today 3/2/2011

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 01:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Essan

No, quite visible to the naked eye standing outside.
A Rare illusion i could accept if previous data was produced over at least a 50yr time frame.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 01:33 PM
link   
reply to post by CLPrime

Because I would love to see why my explanation is less likely that the others.

I can't speak for others, but personally I don't reject your theory. It's in the scale.
The question is not - Is is possible to be an illusion. The answer is yes.

The question is - What is it exactly?

I know some people have nothing else to do with their time than create hoaxes.
But how did it end up on the news? If it was an illusion how come no one at the tv station analyzed and trashed it if it was fake? Why doing a piece on it?

Like mentioned earlier in the thread, the possibility of an illusion by Bluebeam or something similar is also to take in the equation.

It's on the news to scare people as much as possible....

Personally, not enough details out to make up my mind.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 01:33 PM
link   
reply to post by PurpleDog UK

Asian people are too busy with their every life and their stuggle with democracy, they don't have time to worry about something like "the end" or "alien invasion" because those things cannot get their stomachs full. I know because I 'm kinda one of them....my family discuss these stuff, we're prepared, but we just don't care.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 01:34 PM
link   
reply to post by iceblue20-12

The multiple sun phenomenon has been happening for a long time: A Rare, Spectacular Astronimocal Sight - Double Sun

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 01:36 PM
link   
reply to post by CLPrime

I think your theory is interesting i did read it when you first posted it, good effort.
However does not explain what we are seeing here,and all good scientists will back their theorys with data or some evidence.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 01:38 PM
link   
reply to post by CLPrime

Good article, but it doesn't explain it. It just says it's been witnessed before.
But it's a small step forward. At least we know it didn't started last year.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 01:40 PM
link   
reply to post by CLPrime

Yep know all about the ones from early 2000 +, i knew you would find it easy enough,now lets go back 20 and 50 years.
Early 2000 was supposedly around the time it was first seen.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 01:41 PM
link   

Given some time, I could probably form a more evidence/science-backed theory. But, currently, I'm a bit rushed, since I'm paying attention to about a dozen different things at the same time. I've been told that my "rushed" self has a tendency to sound a bit arrogant...hence, why I deleted a bit of my post, asking if anyone was reading what I wrote. It sounded arrogant...I didn't mean it to. Just rushed. So, if you give me a little time, I may very well be able to back up my theory with facts.

Also, the last paragraph of that site I linked to mentions three suns being seen in AD 314.
edit on 3-3-2011 by CLPrime because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 01:44 PM
link   
reply to post by CLPrime

the last paragraph of that site I linked to mentions three suns being seen in AD 314.

Yeah, but that could be anything interpreted as 3 suns......back in those days you know.....

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 01:45 PM
link   
Honestly, to me it kind of looked like a full moon was positioned next to the sun. When they zoomed in on it, the sun was yellow, and the other was white and not as fuzzy on the edges, implying that it is not emitting light from its surface. It could be an illusion, but it might also be an event very close to being an eclipse.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 01:46 PM
link   
I found this on SOLARCYCLE24.com, scroll down and take a look at Lasco C3 a short movie lasts only a few seconds but their is a large anomaly just west of the sun you can not miss it. I looped it so I could really examine it, it must be large it appears to rotate and it seems stationary not sure what it is perhaps someone here can explain. I thought it looked like a planet..

www.solarcycle24.com...

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 01:46 PM
link   
Regardless of the cause in this footage WE KNOW FOR ABSOLUTE FACT THAT THERE WERE NOT TWO SUNS IN THE SKY ELSE SOMEONE ELSE - LIKELY BILLIONS OF PEOPLE - WOULD HAVE SEEN IT!!!!!!

Wake up guys and stop being so gullible.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 01:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by IAMSEEKER
reply to post by CLPrime

the last paragraph of that site I linked to mentions three suns being seen in AD 314.

Yeah, but that could be anything interpreted as 3 suns......back in those days you know.....

If we're going to consider that this is a recent phenomenon, and if it is from atmospheric double reflection, then that could point to the root cause being the effect of greenhouse gases.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Early 2000 was supposedly around the time it was first seen.

I don't wanna start going into prophecies, but I've heard many times, that 2012 is another date on a line that also included 2000 for the start of "something new" Maybe, back then , we were distracted by the so-called BUG when it was that...... (this is just for sake of argument)

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 01:52 PM
link   
obviously its an illusion....if it was real it wouldn't just show up for one day then disappear...

Cool video though

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 01:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Essan

LIKELY BILLIONS OF PEOPLE - WOULD HAVE SEEN IT!!!!!!

You're right. And in that sens, it is the only valuable argument about it being a hoax of camera illusion. Cos' if it was an atmospheric illusion millions of people would have seen it as well and then the news report would be about an optical illusion

....or is it.

Are we all lost because that video is in a language that no one speaks?????

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 01:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Essan

Thats correct we have only one sun in the sky.A Binary companion star may not reflect as much light.
www.binaryresearchinstitute.org...

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 02:02 PM
link   
reply to post by hardamber

This phenomenon has been observed before.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 02:04 PM
link   
At the beginning of the OP video, it shows a twin-curved bridge. WHY? We really need a translation, because when I look at the "two suns" in the video, I think we might be seeing a regular sunset as viewed behind that same bridge. Possible?

Meanwhile, last week, on the other side of the Earth, where the air is clean and clear....... same ol' sun (photo 18 Feb 11 - part of a sunset sequence while I was trying to capture a green flash). ETA: Even after cropping the photo, part of it was cut off when embedding, so here's the link to the photosunsetII

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/d8b946be7e31.jpg[/atsimg]

edit on 3/3/11 by argentus because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 02:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Gorman91

Over what time frame? Links ??
Has been observed before like 2yrs ago or 100yrs ago?

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join