It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Second Sun on China MSM Today 3/2/2011

page: 14
<< 11  12  13   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 10:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by soficrow
...I apparently have more faith in our ancestors' powers of observation, analytical skills and intelligence than you do...

I have lots of faith in their intelligence; just not their knowledge (intelligence and knowledge are different).

I've argued before on ATS that ancient man (such as the Egyptians) were anatomically the same as us, so they had the same brains we have, and were capable of the same critical thinking and problem solving skills as us. However, they lacked our aggregated knowledge Even intelligent people today who lack knowledge can misidentify a natural phenomenon and/or incorrectly correlate it with an preceding event.

Otherwise intelligent people can be misled if they lack knowledge. It's human nature to try to create an understanding of the world around them but that understanding can only be as good as their frame of reference provide by their knowledge base.

Myths persist because such correlations are historically supported - if they weren't, they would have died out eons ago.

The ancient Greeks (who, I agree were just as intelligent as us) explained lightening as being thrown by Zeus. That Idea persisted a while.

Galileo (one of history's most intelligent people) devised a perfectly reasonable explanation for the Earth's tides that involved the Earth's daily rotation and it's revolution around the Sun -- but completely ignored the Moon. That theory persisted for a while.

Intelligent people can devise clever and intelligent explanations of the world based on what they know. Add a little extra knowledge, and those otherwise clever explanations could be found to be wrong.

You might find this thread interesting:

Science.com: China's 2 sun effect not fully explained by science.

And for what it's worth:

Several related atmospheric optical effects are fully explained by science. Sun dogs, sunset mirages, sun pillars and sun halos are all relatively common and well understood. But not this effect.

I completely agree that IF this video is real (perhaps it could have been faked, or it could have been a reflection in a window, or it could be a camera lens reflection), our present knowledge of atmospheric optical phenomena does not explain it. However, our knowledge of atmospheric phenomena is most likely by no means 100% complete.

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 10:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Soylent Green Is People

...I apparently have more faith in our ancestors' powers of observation, analytical skills and intelligence than you do...

I have lots of faith in their intelligence; just not their knowledge (intelligence and knowledge are different).

I've argued before on ATS that ancient man (such as the Egyptians) were anatomically the same as us, so they had the same brains we have, and were capable of the same critical thinking and problem solving skills as us. However, they lacked our aggregated knowledge

But they built the pyramids and stonehenges, and despite our aggregate knowledge, we can't figure out how they really did it. …I also recall something about roadmaking around Rome(?), and a particular material we cannot duplicate, also despite our aggregate knowledge.

Even intelligent people today who lack knowledge can misidentify a natural phenomenon and/or incorrectly correlate it with an preceding event.

Otherwise intelligent people can be misled if they lack knowledge. It's human nature to try to create an understanding of the world around them but that understanding can only be as good as their frame of reference provide by their knowledge base.

Agreed.

Myths persist because such correlations are historically supported - if they weren't, they would have died out eons ago.

…Intelligent people can devise clever and intelligent explanations of the world based on what they know. Add a little extra knowledge, and those otherwise clever explanations could be found to be wrong.

Agreed. But all is never as it seems, including your examples methinks.

You might find this thread interesting:

Science.com: China's 2 sun effect not fully explained by science.

And for what it's worth:

Several related atmospheric optical effects are fully explained by science. Sun dogs, sunset mirages, sun pillars and sun halos are all relatively common and well understood. But not this effect.

I completely agree that IF this video is real (perhaps it could have been faked, or it could have been a reflection in a window, or it could be a camera lens reflection), our present knowledge of atmospheric optical phenomena does not explain it. However, our knowledge of atmospheric phenomena is most likely by no means 100% complete.

ALL the videos showing this phenomenon are probably real - as the scientists also conclude - ideas of faking and reflections have been pretty much dismissed. …As it happens, I'm fairly certain I remember seeing this effect at some point it my life - granted, it could be another experience in another lifetime I remember - but there was a major catastrophe that happened around the same time, as I recall.

Seriously though, based on personal experience I know the 2 sun optical illusion is quite possible. Whether or not its appearance means anything is another question.

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 11:06 PM
link   
reply to post by xBWOMPx

This isn't a sun dog though

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 11:10 PM
link   
reply to post by xBWOMPx

I don't know what it is but its NOT A SUN DOG

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 02:09 AM
link   
hmmm looks like reflection..... but than again. alot of these have been popping up lately, time to get my welding helmet on and start searching

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 03:05 AM
link   
TWO SUNS prophecy by ancient annunaki alien below image;
.... What will happen if they were TWO SUNS in the sky??? .... imagination is needed!

Taken from; source

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 12:04 PM
link   
Hmmm perhaps if One is at the right place and right time they are witnessing another reality converging with our own like an ecco or something. Or perhaps the agents NWO are employing advanced hoolographic tech to push forth their agenda. Or the footage is doctored .
Or it's a stargate and we are looking through a window into another solar system ,

edit on 6-3-2011 by OpusMarkII because: (no reason given)

edit on 6-3-2011 by OpusMarkII because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 12:32 PM
link   

reply to post by soficrow

I understand you are not disputing the fact that this may be due to a "natural" phenomenon. I'm just saying that this natural phenomenon could just be atmospheric optics, and be completely normal and benign.

I'd go a lot further than that - it must be a natural phenomena because no-one else on the planet saw it at the same time

It cannot be a physical body under any possible circumstance (unless it was very, very, close to the observers).

Is basic logic a lost art?

Indeed, they used to think lightning was thunderbolts fired by the gods

The fact that ancients saw the same optical illusion does not change that fact it was an optical illusion.
edit on 6-3-2011 by Essan because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 05:40 PM
link   
whilst i'm still sticking to the scientific theory I still like to evaluate the flip side of the coin;
(apologies if this has already been mentioned)

(Nostradamus) C2, Q41

The great star will burn for seven days,
The cloud will make the sun appear double:
The large mastiff will howl all night
When the great pontiff changes his abode.

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 08:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Essan

The fact that ancients saw the same optical illusion does not change that fact it was an optical illusion.

As I stated earlier, based on personal experience I know the 2 sun optical illusion is quite possible. Whether or not its appearance means anything is another question.

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 01:43 AM
link   
HM let's see first thing in the morning look to see if there are 2 suns ....nope look through CD.....STILL NOTHING i must need to look harder or for longer or something.... ALSO what's with the size inconsistencies in the video's if anything JUST THOSE are proof that the video is faked or it is an illusion seriously one sun looks like a clone of it's self and the other looks like a miniature....Do any of you still have the ability to logically deduce ANY OUTCOME -.-

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 11:20 AM
link   
So no Chinese people on here at all? I want translation damnit ):

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 11:24 AM
link   
Yet everyone seems to forget the hundreds of thousands of amateur astronomers out there who look up at the sky every day and every night........

Observing heavenly bodies and taking pictures that are as good, or RIVAL that of any space agency.......

And none of them have reported anything remotely resembling a second sun......or an extra planet fixing to smash us to bits........

Besides that fact, two stars of that mass couldnt possibly be that close together anyway, the gravitational pull would smash them together in no time, wiping out everything.....

Common sense people......
edit on 8-3-2011 by ManBehindTheMask because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 11:34 AM
link   
reply to post by ManBehindTheMask

It's probably Nibiru and not a second sun, which is why the thread's title needs to be changed (:

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by JanusFIN
I remember some Mayan prophecy from two suns when doomsday comes...

I'm slightly confused. I like reading about the mayans but from what I've read it is often a mistake to say that they made predictions and also their is no doomsday, if anything its a special day.

Of course I could be wrong too though

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 11:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Topato

once again...........dont you think that the amateur astronomers the world over would have blown the whistle of all whistles over this if it was really there..........

Theres no way they could miss it.........

And whether its a Nibiru or second sun or what have you, once again......anything of that size that close would have caused the collision to end all collisions with our sun quite a while ago......

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 12:55 PM
link   
These pictures were taken 09/03/2011. Sombor - Serbia.
What do you think about this?

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 06:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by zerad
These pictures were taken 09/03/2011. Sombor - Serbia.
What do you think about this?

Could you please link this photos again is not working

new topics

top topics

<< 11  12  13   >>

join