It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Second Sun on China MSM Today 3/2/2011

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 10:53 AM
link   
reply to post by pleasetryagain

Its from Taiwan

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 11:04 AM
link   
reply to post by BobAthome

Funny how people are seeing it with their own eyes and how is it a hoax? when were the other vids you mentioned proven as a hoax?

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 11:07 AM
link   
So here's more details....

this vid shows the same phenomenon again. Quite similar to the taiwan vid.

And here's a website that shows how it's a possible illusion.

This one is hard to prove as a real 2nd sun

apod.nasa.gov...

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 12:17 PM
link   
Myths and legends from around the world are full of stories about "second suns" - the second sun does NOT have to be an actual second sun or real celestial body to prove the point.

The sundogs - illusions of a 2nd sun - appear during times of intense solar activity and geomagnetic disruption - and herald times of extreme geophysical upheaval - often accompanied by extreme weather, social upheaval and down the line.

IMHO - it's a real sign, well documented in ancient times in numerous cultures - and very important.

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by soficrow
Myths and legends from around the world are full of stories about "second suns" - the second sun does NOT have to be an actual second sun or real celestial body to prove the point.

The sundogs - illusions of a 2nd sun - appear during times of intense solar activity and geomagnetic disruption - and herald times of extreme geophysical upheaval - often accompanied by extreme weather, social upheaval and down the line.

IMHO - it's a real sign, well documented in ancient times in numerous cultures - and very important.

Or perhaps it's simply a perfectly natural optical phenomenon that is well documented in ancient times in numerous cultures.

If it's a natural optical phenomenon, that means it was perfectly natural even in ancient times, and thus could "mean" nothing, and not be a sign nor be something important.

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 01:42 PM
link   
I don't know how valid and relevant this explanation is but it's a "scientific" one that could explain the phenomenon.

www.huffingtonpost.com...

Personally, I haven't looked at the sun for a bit. It is winter in Canada and almost always cloudy where I live.
But since the post I tried to take a look and some pictures.

I haven't notice anything beside the fact that I could get and optical illusion similar if I took the pictures thru a window.

The weird part is, yesterday the sun almost burst thru the clouds. So a friend and I looked up only to see a big chemtrail.

Coincidence or something fishy going on.

Here is just a thought. - I have no doubt that chemtrails are bad for our health, but what if it was a necessary evil to hide us from radiation. - Some stories of Niburu talks about the inhabitant spraying a layer of gold around their planet to save them from radiations....maybe we're kinda doing the same!!!!

I have no doubt that world leader don;t give a damn about the population and wouldn't be doing that to save humanity, but maybe to save the earth itself. There's no point on trying to survive a cataclysm if you can't grow food or drink the water afterward.

....again....just a thought.
edit on 5-3-2011 by IAMSEEKER because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Soylent Green Is People

Or perhaps it's simply a perfectly natural optical phenomenon that is well documented in ancient times in numerous cultures.

Uh huh. That's what I said - it's a natural optical phenomenon - that occurs as a result of intense solar activity and geomagnetic disruption, which are linked to geophysical upheaval (earthquakes, volcanic eruptions, extreme weather), which in turn causes social upheaval.

If it's a natural optical phenomenon, that means it was perfectly natural even in ancient times, and thus could "mean" nothing, and not be a sign nor be something important.

Not sure where your difficulty is but fyi - many "natural" phenomena are well-known to be catastrophic. The fact that it's "natural" does NOT mean it's necessarily benign. ...The myths, legends and stories from ancient times clearly link such phenomena with the potential for catastrophe. imho - the ancients knew their stuff.

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 03:14 PM
link   
reply to post by soficrow

I'm saying it just may be a natural atmospheric optical phenomenon (the sun reflecting off of areas of dense moisture in the sky, something in the same family as a sundog or halo). A phenomenon that is perfectly normal and has been around as long as our atmosphere has been like it is -- probably for millions of years.

It may simply be a normal phenomenon that has always been normal.

I'm saying it's NOT due to a change in solar activity or a change in magnetism. It may not be signaling a "change" in anything, nor a sign of anything, and is simply "normal" (and, yes -- benign). If it is an atmospheric phenomenon, it may be an uncommon one, but being uncommon does not necessarily make it abnormal.

It may be an effect in the same family as -- but more rare than -- these other normal atmospheric optical effects, caused by moisture in the atmosphere refracting/reflecting the sunlight:
www.atoptics.co.uk...
www.atoptics.co.uk...
www.atoptics.co.uk...
upload.wikimedia.org...

More found at this website: Atmospheric Optics

edit on 3/5/2011 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 05:13 PM
link   

I'm sure the same could be said for total eclipses, yet I don't see those discussed on conspiracy sites .. oops - I just did hehe.

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 05:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by trusername

Originally posted by wingsfan
I have seen this myself earlier this year. so I started to take pictures of it. I managed to duplicate every type of sundog you can think of. then I took a pic with a very old cell phone and captured an object just like in the videos. it was clearly not any sort of reflection. I was pretty excited about it till I decided to download stellarium. apparently the thing I was seeing everyday at 2:30pm, was the moon.

So how can the moon be full and right next to the sun every day at 2:30? And be shiny? Where is the light coming from?

I was on the same wavelength and saw the same thing in stellarium, the moon does not have to be illuminated (or full) to be visible. There is a phenomenon called planetshine (or earthshine) en.wikipedia.org... which occurs when reflected sunlight from Earth illuminates the dark/night side of the moon.
Given that the moon is essentially tracking the sun across the sky at the moment and is in new moon phase it could lend itself to be the vision seen. www.dacre.net...

I'm sure it would have been visible at the same time/date by anyone looking with the naked eye so I don't doubt any observers. The moon can sometimes appear red; www.universetoday.com...

In my opinion linking this to the Nibiru mythology is completely jumping to the wrong conclusion.
edit on 5-3-2011 by digitalf because: link change

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 05:27 PM
link   
Found this video, Kinda nuts?

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 05:35 PM
link   
Am I the only one who thinks it very strange that the video posters of these images (single figures out of 6 billion people) are the only ones to see this amazing sight?

Where was everyone else whilst this second sun was so visible?
edit on 5-3-2011 by MiTS1965 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 05:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by cabuki
Found this video, Kinda nuts?

The original video was here : www.youtube.com...
The poster's handle is Nibiru2 and obviously has previous knowledge of the conspiracy.
The image bears a remarkable similarity with the alledged faked Nibiru South Pole image that the youtube user Nibirushock2012 posted and then subsequently withdrew.
It was filmed through double glazing.
In my mind it's not credible enough to convince me. Other members are free to make up their own minds on it's integrity of course.
edit on 5-3-2011 by digitalf because: typo

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 05:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Soylent Green Is People

I completely agree this is just an optical effect ie an atmospheric mirage. Its the same optical effect that causes people to see ships sailing in the sky, or armies marching from the heavens, and possibly could account form many odd UFO sightings.

This is far too complex to explain in this forum (and partially because I'm not qualified to fully explain) but anyone interested in understanding how the world works instead of deciding upon a mythology to follow to explain natural phenomena should do a Internet search using the following terms: "Atmospheric Mirage" or "Fata Morgana Effect" Do some reading about how complicated light is.

All of us would do well to remember EVERYTHING we perceive with our eyes is a reflection of light bouncing off an object and giving the receptors in our eyes information based on the wavelength and strength of the reflected light.

With this thought is it very realistic that the sun (the brightest object we know if) can create some interesting reflections with atmospheric ice or vapor, water, and reflections caused by atmospheric differences.

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 07:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Soylent Green Is People

reply to post by digitalf

Just to be clear:

* I am NOT saying the occurrence is "unnatural" - imho it's either an optical illusion or the moon (not Nbiru or Planet X).

* Also, imho - myths and legends persist because the messages contained therein were deemed to be important to future generations; we ignore them at our peril. Which is not to say we should take them absolutely literally at face value - just that we would be wise to pay attention.

With Respect, sofi

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 08:06 PM
link   
whether people believe this or not is their choice, though I should add that the two sun/s planets I seen weren't sundogs or the moon.

I am perfectly sane and well educated, I am mentioning the fact I and others in the vicinity at the time saw these as it happened, fact.

Here's a diagram showing position on the two occasions I seen these, both were mid afternoon, around 3/4pm GMT, mid and late summer 2009.

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 08:11 PM
link   

I understand you are not disputing the fact that this may be due to a "natural" phenomenon. I'm just saying that this natural phenomenon could just be atmospheric optics, and be completely normal and benign.

People today may see these normal atmospheric optical phenomenon and write stories and such about it (just look here on ATS). It's possible that ancient man saw these same normal (and benign) atmospheric phenomena and inaccurately attributed these phenomena as harbingers of doom. For example, perhaps 3 days after seeing a similar phenomenon, there was a totally unrelated earthquake. However, even though the events were unrelated, this ancient storyteller/writer decided incorrectly that these were related, and decided to tell stories about it.

People are doing the same thing today on ATS. What makes you think our ancestors were any different?

If ancient man -- or even ATSers today -- want to connect a potentially natural optical phenomenon like a "double Sun" with some other event that comes after it, then they must prove there is a real correlation, other than "one happened after the other, so they must be connected"...

...that's a classic fallacy known as "post hoc ergo propter hoc", which loosely translated means "happened after, therefore happened because of". Just because one event proceeds another doesn't mean they are connected.

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 08:35 PM
link   
Originally posted by Soylent Green Is People

I have not made any definitive statements - just promoted the idea of open investigation. I find the phenomenon intriguing, particularly in the context of myth.

I understand you are not disputing the fact that this may be due to a "natural" phenomenon. I'm just saying that this natural phenomenon could just be atmospheric optics, and be completely normal and benign.

Gotcha. I do understand what you are saying, "Nothing to see, hear or talk about here. Move along now."

I do NOT believe you understand what I am saying, nor do I believe you respect my desire to remain open-minded and investigate the phenomenon's relation to myth.

...It's possible that ancient man saw these same normal (and benign) atmospheric phenomena and inaccurately attributed these phenomena as harbingers of doom. For example, perhaps 3 days after seeing a similar phenomenon, there was a totally unrelated earthquake. However, even though the events were unrelated, this ancient storyteller/writer decided incorrectly that these were related, and decided to tell stories about it.

I apparently have more faith in our ancestors' powers of observation, analytical skills and intelligence than you do.

People are doing the same thing today on ATS. What makes you think our ancestors were any different?

Our ancestors were living close to nature and making direct observations - not reviewing second and third hand information, or regurgitating manipulative sound bites based on population control communications strategies.

If ancient man -- or even ATSers today -- want to connect a potentially natural optical phenomenon like a "double Sun" with some other event that comes after it, then they must prove there is a real correlation, other than "one happened after the other, so they must be connected"...

...that's a classic fallacy known as "post hoc ergo propter hoc", which loosely translated means "happened after, therefore happened because of". Just because one event proceeds another doesn't mean they are connected.

Myths persist because such correlations are historically supported - if they weren't, they would have died out eons ago.

You might find this thread interesting:

Science.com: China's 2 sun effect not fully explained by science.

And for what it's worth:

Several related atmospheric optical effects are fully explained by science. Sun dogs, sunset mirages, sun pillars and sun halos are all relatively common and well understood. But not this effect.

edit on 5/3/11 by soficrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 09:40 PM
link   
reply to post by captiva

A lot of people think that its this planet(if it is one)that they are trying to hide.

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 09:47 PM
link   
I know,I know (throwing my hand up in the air like an excited
Child at school.
It's because of all the pollution there refracting the sun!

Saw the current soho image of the sun,and only saw one.
But it had a huge a%% flare!
Could be all that particles of lead and mercury floating around
edit on 5-3-2011 by kdog1982 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14 >>

join