It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

China attacks the Dollar

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+4 more 
posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 05:11 PM
link   
Spiegel - Google Translation
Welt - Google Translation

The Chinese central bank surprises with a spectacular announcement: The would-be superpower, wants to complete trade in yuan handle their future, not in dollars.Beijing shakes America's claim to represent the key currency - with serious consequences for the U.S..

And so it begins...discuss.

Edit: Added another Source
edit on 2-3-2011 by Shenon because: Added link

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 05:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shenon
Spiegel - Google Translation

The Chinese central bank surprises with a spectacular announcement: The would-be superpower, wants to complete trade in yuan handle their future, not in dollars.Beijing shakes America's claim to represent the key currency - with serious consequences for the U.S..

And so it begins...discuss.

Excellent. I was about to comment the same thing, "and so it begins"..

This will send commodities and inflation to a new level. Welcome to the new world order.

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 05:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Shenon

Wow Finally.. this has been looming for waayyy long.

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 05:19 PM
link   
Hey - this is huge!!! Like WTF... ???

This came just when great information war, and possible intervention in Libya is in our horizon, Russia just gave statement, that western news from inside Libya are distorted or just lies, and BRIC countries are opposing US military intervention there... Huh!

This is war in other, much greater front... More very alarming news - Have to keep focus on this, thanks!!!

S&F

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 05:19 PM
link   
I would argue that this is a good thing, I want to see the US Dollar removed as the global reserve currency for the fact that ever since its inception us here in the United States have only been able to print more and more money, consume without producing, and facilitate global economic meltdowns due to our mismanagement of the flimsy economic structure we have in place.

However another argument I would encounter is that the United States would presumably hit hyperinflation if the US Dollar were to be removed from world reserve currency status, which to me and my loved ones personally would be a catastrophe, but I would contend that when we finally return from the abyss we would have learned our lessons and have a stronger economy and people for it.

Another issue which crosses my mind is that for if the US Dollar to be removed from reserve currency status then presumably an international currency, one not tied to any one nation’s currency, would assume reserve currency status. This places the global financial structure into the hands of international organizations beholden to no nation state and no citizenry. Bankers will have full direct control over the monetary policies of the world, even worse than today.

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 05:21 PM
link   
Yep,i´m trying to find other Sources,but if that hits the MSM in the US...bad things may happen...soon...

Edit: Only found German Sources,since its seems to be pretty recent.
edit on 2-3-2011 by Shenon because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 05:30 PM
link   
Wow...the twists and turns the great game has taken over the last couple of years has been amazing.. the thing is, I really don't think this will end with everyone playing nice anymore...

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 05:32 PM
link   
I was hoping that Swiss Franc to become new world reserve currency since Switzerland is a liberal and financially stable country.

China is good mostly for quantity trading. Its human rights record is terrible. Freedom of speech and information is like Afghanistan. World leaders really need to think a hundred times before agreeing on China Yuan.

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 05:32 PM
link   
I heard this news about a month ago....just heresay...now it is real...

Just another part of the doom puzzle. Sounds like some on here think this is a good thing. I'm not knowledgeable in global financial implications..but like to read other people's views.

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 05:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by wisdomnotemotion
I was hoping that Swiss Franc to become new world reserve currency since Switzerland is a liberal and financially stable country.

China is good mostly for quantity trading. Its human rights record is terrible. Freedom of speech and information is like Afghanistan. World leaders really need to think a hundred times before agreeing on China Yuan.

Another note...the NWO (New Whirled ODOR) has a currency....the BanCor

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 05:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

This may be off topic. And I may be misinterpreting what you are saying...

But does this mean that they could slip a new world currency in under our noses that only the ultra wealthy deal in. While the rest of us deal in our respective currencies of equal but lesser valve.

Wouldn't that...or couldn't that be a result. "serf" currencies remain the same and we go about our lives trading worthless paper for menial goods and services. While the big banks deal in real property, gold, oil, and other resources and commodities, all baed on a different currency.

Just look at gold. The conversion will be astronomical.
edit on 2-3-2011 by Wetpaint72 because: Spelling.

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 05:39 PM
link   
if this is true then we will have a bumpy ride ahead...

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 05:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wetpaint72
reply to post by Misoir

"surf" currencies

Actually a "serf" currency would be a step up. Please remember serfs truly only worked hard during planting and harvest seasons and their 'employers' would be criminally prosecuted if they let their people starve or die. Even the serfs of the medieval period would be crying for us.
edit on 3/2/2011 by Misoir because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 05:50 PM
link   
And so another goddamn endtime prophecy is fufilled ,am I going nuts .Wtf ?
king james version

And I saw three unclean spirits like frogs come out of the mouth of the dragon, and out of the mouth of the beast, and out of the mouth of the false prophet. 14 For they are the spirits of devils, working miracles, which go forth unto the kings of the earth and of the whole world, to gather them to the battle of that great day of God Almighty.

3 frogs out of a dragon !(what /where or whom might that be )
3 frogs out of a beast !(big diesel automobile,corporation)
3 frogs out of a false prophet (religion)
kings of the earth (Guys with the money,Three wisemen,kingpin..)
Why the frogs ,whats the french got the hell to do with it and why are they allways in the middle..
nah,I am dreaming,for sure

edit on 2-3-2011 by gringoboy because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 05:55 PM
link   
Same moment when US Navy is closing Libya...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

- Great information war has started today
- China attacks dollar today
- New rumors today from Israel attacking soon Syria and Lebanon
- Missile warning training all over Israel today
- India is sliding with Russia and China, news out today
- Russia moving navy to islands near Japan, ousting japanese CEO:s from country today
- Korean peninsula is in high alert

--- I dont want to rush to any conclusions, but...

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 05:57 PM
link   
Boycott Chinese goods. Nationalize all Chinese investments in the US.

Let us not forget- Without US consumers, China has nothing.

More and more lately I'm trying to really look for things that are made somewhere other than China, and I'm curtailing my shopping at Wal-Mart. Due to the fact that I live in the mountains in Northen CA, I sometimes am forced to choose between driving 30 minutes to Wal-Mart or 2+ hours to Sacramento.

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 06:04 PM
link   
reply to post by DragonTattooz

Abc and as you know most broadcasters are /were promoting consumers to buy american already this week.This is real sinister ,hidden stuff going on,like a silent war ,Nah... were imagining it

www.huffingtonpost.com...
share this story 114 22 15 78 Get Media Alerts Sign Up Submit this story digg reddit stumble ABC News is doing a series focusing on purchasing goods that were made in America--and the network is completely revamping one Texas family's home to see if it's even possible to only use products with the "made in the USA" sticker on them.

edit on 2-3-2011 by gringoboy because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 06:09 PM
link   
Wow thats it, its official then, we are in a state of war. Well I for one will be doing my bit by boycotting all chinese restaurants and take aways.
Seems like all the world powers are being overwhelmingly pragmatic at the moment while they have the chance. Its like a big game of chess. I cant help thinking that those sneaky Asian fellows are thinking several more moves ahead than eveyone else though.

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 06:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by ReptilePete
Wow thats it, its official then, we are in a state of war. Well I for one will be doing my bit by boycotting all chinese restaurants and take aways.
Seems like all the world powers are being overwhelmingly pragmatic at the moment while they have the chance. Its like a big game of chess. I cant help thinking that those sneaky Asian fellows are thinking several more moves ahead than eveyone else though.

I wouldn´t call it a War,yet. Though its weird that its only reported in the German Media atm. I know "Spiegel" and "Welt" are pretty good Sources without Propaganda (just different Opinions depending on the Writers)

Gag-Order anyone? Though it will get out sooner or later anyway...
edit on 2-3-2011 by Shenon because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 06:19 PM
link   
reply to post by DragonTattooz

I think you will find there are literally Billions of consumers either 'Home grown' in China or popping up, in the billions in India and a few hundred million in south America........

These NEW consumers also seem to have money unlike 90% of Americans........ and Europeans come to think of it...

PDUK
edit on 2-3-2011 by PurpleDog UK because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join