It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Report of an extremely tall humanoid

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 01:12 PM
link   
Multiple comments / notes for discussion:

1) In pic #1 the stick figure doesn't quite look 3-dimensional to me, it looks like it could be a shadow on the ground (or laying on the ground), as opposed to standing. Not sure?

2) In pic #1 the "head" seems to be lighter and cut off abruptly, when I examined this, I noticed a "halo" type effect around the supposed figure, potentially an artifact from Photo-shopping? (for instance a darker shadow or artifact line a little to the left, a little to the right, and just above the figure). Also the arms and legs tend to blend in to the darkness below it.

3) The light that's on in pic #1 and that same light off in pic #2, does seem like a light in the window, and not a reflection off the window from headlights or something else like I first thought.

4) To the person who noted the rain spout "triangling" out from just above the top right of the window in pic #1, this is also visible in pic #2 - and to be delicate, this is the "penis" or phallic object that someone mentioned noticing earlier.

5) Pic #2 you can clearly see shadows and volume to the figure, and it does not appear photo-shopped at all. Worst case scenario someone pulled up a tree branch and laid it against the wall then took the picture again. (VERY tall branch though - would be heavy and have to be manipulated to look like legs, arms, etc). Also in pic #2 it almost looks darker around the feet/ankle area - not sure what to make of this? Also at the height of the 2nd floor window, i see a bend in a "joint" for an elbow of an arm of the figure.

6) In pic #1, the second car over to the right of the light that is on in the window, it appears like the rear tail-lights might be on?? Or is this just a reflection. It's JUST cut off in pic #2 so you can't tell, but the car is in fact still there.

7) I have an older phone from about 5 or 6 years ago, the old Verizon "Razor". Let me tell you that when you take pictures in low lighting or at night, it looks EXACTLY like this quality - with the green little pixelation, extreme graininess, etc. I have no problem with that, it looks legitimate. **ALSO VERY IMPORTANT NOTE**, after taking a picture with this phone, you have to save the picture (or discard), and then it take a few seconds for the camera to go back to "picture mode" before you can snap another, followed by saving again. It is entirely realistic that he may have only had time to snap 3 quick pictures, it takes a while with my phone. There is no way to "take a lot of quick pictures" as an earlier poster mentioned.

8) Pic #3 I just see a line angled across the top floor window, but can't make anything out. Row of windows on the far left, all the lights are on in pic #2 and all are on in pic #3. These would be the stairwell lights or hallways that always remain on in apartment complexes. Also at the very top of pic #3 you can see some reflection - indicating he is in fact taking the pictures from in a building and through a glass window. You can also see in the very, very top right of pic #3, the edge of the interior window frame (so he obviously didn't take it from a tree as someone hypothesized).

9) Important to note, I see salt deposit build-up at the bottom of cars, near car wheels, and on the windshields outside the wiper area (particularly on the big truck), so it seems to certainly be taken in December and not in June.

10) The entire account appears to be completely authentic (as in undoctored - except potentially for pic #1), however I believe he may have just stood up a large branch against the wall in the pic #2 and took another pict. But the weight of something that substantial would be pretty difficult. I'm speaking as someone that goes out doors a lot and helps maintain trails, etc. That much wood is extremely heavy. Anyway if he did put whatever it is there, maybe he waited for the light to go off in the person's apartment and then went out to stand it up against the wall for the second pic so he wouldn't be seen.

11) Edit for a final comment, put yourself in the shoes of the person taking the pictures, and ask the question, "Why?" Why would you fake something like this? There is absolutely no money or fame in it, you're not trying to justify some secret fetish like vampires or werewolves, you're not advocating aliens, you'll probably be laughed at. You "may" garner a little attention, but probably not. I've never heard of this original picture taker, how about you guys? Nowadays it is so easy to hoax some UFO light in the sky, some blurry bigfoot image, etc. But ask the question, why a stick-man? What's the point? With the object in pic #2 being a physical object and not photo manipulation, why put a huge branch or something against a wall. It's not something mainstream like Loch Ness, Bigfoot, Chupacabra, etc. There's no glory. The only argument for a hoax would be, "Why NOT, it's just weird enough that people may believe it and question reality." But again, to what end? Is the person mentally unstable and feels the need to fake something due to his inadequacy in the real world, to make people question the world, I mean what's the point? Anyway, just some food for thought.

Overall, VERY GOOD FIND OP!!!!! S&F. I love stories like this - and hopefully this brief analysis brings up a little more discussion and someone can break down the things I've noted. I love analyzing stuff like this. Take care.
edit on 2-4-2011 by Ajax because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 12:17 PM
link   
Interesting observations. I can feel it now - that area will soon turn into District 10.

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 09:52 AM
link   
well, if that is a maniplated image, it's kinda hard for me to accept that...
for me... that's Slender Man right there...

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 10:53 AM
link   
reply to post by ShadeWolf

saw somethin' like that outside my window as a kid once (I remember because I heard tapping on the window)
the scary part was I lived in an apartment 5 stories up with nothing to stand on outside the window...
if this is what I think it is, the creature your lookin' for is called "Slender Man"
cases of this creature seem to have came up centuries back, I think stories of it started as a nursery rhyme to keep kids from running from home
unfortunatly it's hard to find evidence that isn't made up ^^;

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 11:18 AM
link   
A "slender man" you say?

Grayton Beach, Florida, April 4, 2011:

Around 12:30 Saturday, deputies responded to a call that a slender man with a ponytail was randomly handing out money to gas station patrons. When police arrived at the gas station, the man took off toward Bay County driving a 2009 Volkswagen Jetta. Deputies were not able to catch up with the suspect, so they returned to the Tom Thumb to talk to witnesses, who describe the person as being about 5’ 5”, or 5’ 6” tall, and may have been high on drugs.

www.wjhg.com... uspicious_of_man_handing_out_free_money_119202349.html
edit on 5-4-2011 by OhioPariah because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 09:26 PM
link   
Woahh this is creepy and i think real... hide your children

if you have any interest in what this thing is click the link below

www.mythicalcreaturesguide.com...

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 07:38 AM
link   
now that I think of it, that picture's really fuzzy... it would be extremely difficult to edit a photo that well...

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 08:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by austingoeshard
Woahh this is creepy and i think real... hide your children

if you have any interest in what this thing is click the link below

www.mythicalcreaturesguide.com...

This is well documented as the result of a photoshop contest. You've been P. T. Barnum'd.

forums.somethingawful.com... showthread.php?threadid=3150591&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=3#post361861415

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 09:06 AM
link   
It's been a really really long time but does anyone remember the episode Unsolved Mysteries (or it could have been Sightings) that ran a video about a sighting in NJ. This occurred in one of the cities and the video was shot looking down an urban street and was shooting some lights in the sky. What made the story/video totally unreal is off to the left-side of the video, which was showing the tops of some buildings/row-homes, there was "something" that was climbing and running and hopping across the roofs at miraculous speed - almost like an ape or spiderman or something.

Very weird

Anyone remember that?

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 12:51 PM
link   
reply to post by TXRabbit

can't say I do, think ya can find a video of it?

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 12:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Spinotoror

A small picture, lawts of blur, lawts of noise, lack of high colour palette.

that is also the first thing that came to mind, the noise. where the hell did all the noise come from, and from what archaic phone or analog camera took it.

noise is a great way to hide editing, but it looks like they just went way over the top with it.

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 01:03 PM
link   
lolz!! OK ..! This along with the stick like creatures has really made my day ...!! my nine is now officially fully locked and loaded ... lolz !!! ... I haven't laughed this hard in a long time ... thanks ATS .. you're the shizzle ..

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 01:04 PM
link   
reply to post by ShadeWolf

OH GOD IT'S SLENDERMAN!

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 04:14 PM
link   
Maybe it's a shape shifter. It explains why it can stretch to climb.
then you've gotta think about all the other sticky spindly figures sighted and wonder maybe they're just different incarnations/forms of the same race...
In my opinion not fake. if the photo was taken on a phone camera it explains all the noise.

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 06:03 PM
link   
reply to post by ZombieFinny

Your opinion made me think.

So we have a body with seven billion atoms, for example. If it stretches (and somehow mantains the thickness), the space between the atoms increase, and what would do that? Carrying it to the extreme, would you be able to see what's behind trough 'holes', or would you see the mesh being disorded?

What if you scale it down? Would you see a 'blob' or a chubby mesh lacking definition, due to atom collapse?

That's why I think what they did in Doraemon is not possible. To make yourself bigger and keep yourself intact (but bigger), you would have to scale the atoms, but you can't do that, so you would have to place more atoms between two of them, for each pair of your whole body.
edit on 7-4-2011 by Spinotoror because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 06:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Spinotoror

that makes sense, i mean it would explain why the form changes slightly as the size does.
on another note completely: i wonder if it's friendly... nobody's even mentioned that, why was it there and what was it doing (assuming it's not a hoax).

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 06:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Blaine91555

yeah i thought trees in the second photo, but when i looked in the first there were no trees there, so i was 'stumped'

the cutting down part never crossed my mind, i think it is the most possible explanation. star for you.

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 03:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by riktus
looks like slenderman forgot to get dressed.

walking around in public all butt naked and such.

for shame........

Hehe. That was my first thought also.

and my second.

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 03:30 AM
link   
It is a very curious story and photo's isn't it. Although I am surprised it hasn't been on ATS before as I saw this online about 2 years ago from memory while checking out some cryptozoology stuff. I know people can do some amazing things with photo's but I would like to think this is real. I have seen some strange creatures in my life and know that there is alot going on that the average person simply refuses to see. Very curious...

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 09:31 PM
link   
Well, everyone beat me to the Slender Man jokes so I guess I'll just comment on the photos themselves

I will say that at first glance they look authentic, but after seeing so many photoshopped creepypasta images on the net, my gut tells me that with enough artificial quality reduction, you can make a couple of pipes attached to a far wall look ominous.

Reminds me a lot of this shot: images.memegenerator.net...
Not real, but quite convincing.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join