It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Report of an extremely tall humanoid

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 04:00 PM
link   
Fortean Times forum have a long thread about these stick men. This pic looks like a hoax to me..but when I read the thread on FT, there were some stories that really chilled me...

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 04:07 PM
link   
reply to post by syntheticbutterfly

Can you provide us a link?
Would be nice to read those accounts.

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 05:09 PM
link   
I have been looking (can't read russian and translator doesn't help) that russian forum and it goes off topic exponentially. Page 23 and they are talking about screws. I don't think it is worth reading.

The photos without editing were linked. They were uploaded the 06-12-2010 (maybe 12-06-2010 to you, I think they use the same as europeans).

EXIF data of the photos tell: CREATOR: gd-jpeg v1.0 (using IJG JPEG v62), quality = 90

It means it was compressed by a webtool (GD) for PHP at the time it was uploaded. I guess this process erases any previous EXIF data; looking inside the file we can't know if Photoshop was used.

I need registration to see the user's profile (www.yapfiles.ru...) but I have no idea where I have to press.

I don't know what to think in these. The sharpness, the colour, the lighting and the perspective fit perfectly with the environment. I agree the noise seems unnatural, I don't think a CCD sensor of a phone can produce those vivid green pixels. I don't use the phone so I'm not sure

But talking about CGI, it would be easy to do. A small picture, lawts of blur, lawts of noise, lack of high colour palette.. And it is a simple figure. Digital shadows reacting to real objects are easy to do too. You just have to model those real objects in your 3D scene, and use a material that only renders shadow.

I could try adding something to those pictures if you want

edit on 5-3-2011 by Spinotoror because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by OhioPariah
The source claims "I went looking for my cell phone camera to take a picture of it and to my surprise, when I came back, that thing was higher than the wall of the building and it kept growing and stretching until it reached the second floor windows of the neighboring building."

So he didn't have his camera when the first picture was supposed to have been taken?

Yep, I think that about raps it up...

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 06:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ir0nM0nkey

Originally posted by OhioPariah
The source claims "I went looking for my cell phone camera to take a picture of it and to my surprise, when I came back, that thing was higher than the wall of the building and it kept growing and stretching until it reached the second floor windows of the neighboring building."

So he didn't have his camera when the first picture was supposed to have been taken?

Yep, I think that about raps it up...

Nope, I don't think it "wraps" up anything. Sorry. The eyewitness is saying that it was of normal height when he left but had grown taller by the time he had returned with the camera. When he says "higher than the wall of the building" I think they meant the interior wall of the first-floor building in which he was standing...NOT the height of the building across the way. Some of the confusion may be due to translation.

Think of it this way:

1) The stick-man was "normal" height when initially spotted but we don't have a picture to represent THAT height.

2) When the observer returned with the camera-phone the stick-man stood taller than the first-floor ceiling of the building in which the observer was watching, which is supposedly represented in the 1st photo (though it's difficult to determine height from the 1st photo as the angle indicates the eyewitness was observing from ABOVE the ground floor...maybe a 2nd or 3rd floor window.)

3) The stick-man continued to grow until it was as tall as 2nd-story windows of the neighboring office building, which is represented by the 2nd photo.

All-in-all I don't see any gaping flaws in logic as far as the story is concerned. Now I'm not saying I necessarily BELIEVE the sighting occurred as stated, but if I choose to disagree with the sincerity of the sighting it wouldn't be based upon any so-called discrepancies in the story.

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 06:44 PM
link   
This could be something real, there are ancient- and modern myths, folklores and many stories about mythical beings. There is no place for this in modern times only in Greenland there is.
I love these tales, the area I live in has also many of them. Like the dragons that were slaughtered in a radius of 15 miles from where I live.
en.wikipedia.org...
en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 03:09 AM
link   
reply to post by TechVampyre

so a whacky waving inflateable arm flailing tube man roams this earth powered by the wind... interesting

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 12:53 AM
link   

edit on 7-3-2011 by Rasor because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 08:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Regenstorm

try here : www.forteantimes.com...

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 08:19 AM
link   

SB

Thanks for the link to those stories........... so many of them !! They can't all be made up. halleucinations or drug induced although they all appear to be at night or when people are tired.......

My bett is an 'interdimensional' being / image 'crossing' into our visible field..... I shall go out in the dark, I'm sometimes up watching the stars at 2 or 3am in the middle of the country side......... I'll keep my eyes open

Very interesting

Regards
PDUK

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Spinotoror
I have been looking (can't read russian and translator doesn't help) that russian forum and it goes off topic exponentially. Page 23 and they are talking about screws. I don't think it is worth reading.

Ha! That's great!

I think all long threads should eventually be taken off topic to discuss people's favourite screws. "Well, ever since I found out it was Dali's favourite, my favourite screw has been the COUNTERSUNK - SLOT HEAD!! I used to be a Pozidriv Head man but, well, I suppose familiarity breeds contempt, doesn't it?"

Has anyone ever heard of The Slender Man? Maybe this guy's basing this character on "him".

EDIT: Yeah, after giving it a better look, using the pics at the top of this page, I'd go with a felled tree trunk.
edit on 7-3-2011 by triplesod because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 04:29 PM
link   
Lol just thinking outside the box for a second... It's not something like a stick insect on the window is it? and the camera man has just made sure he's taken it at the right angle?

The first image looks like the wacky inflatable guy, the second image looks like a twig/branch or a stick insect and i cannot see much in the third image.

Weird though.

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 10:03 AM
link   
Just one of those damn wacky, waving inflatable arm flailing tube man

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 10:26 AM
link   
At a risk of being inappropriate, is this a penis?

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/c1726d7af39f.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 10:31 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 10:47 AM
link   
There was a thread on ATS a couple of years ago of a stick man type thing that was seen somewhere in the states at a college campus. I am going to try and find it and see if there is any similarity. This story made me think of that thread. It started with a noise heard outside too.

Sorry ...... tried but couldn't find anything. Maybe someone else remembers. The OP heard the noise, took pictures from the window of her apartment; then went downstairs to explore further and the tall shape ran away. I believe this took place near a college campus somewhere in the South West, maybe Arizona or NM.
edit on 3/13/2011 by wayno because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 12:00 PM
link   
It doesnt look fake at all, atleast in my opinion. Does that mean it is some kind of other life form? No.

But that is definately a picture of something that was right there at the time. Might be fake, might be real.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 08:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by syntheticbutterfly

Originally posted by Regenstorm

try here : www.forteantimes.com...

Thank you very much, it's really worth reading. Especially when it's time to go to bed.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 08:26 PM
link   
reply to post by pintobean

If you look at the picture that was taken before this one, you can see the shadow of some rain-pipes.
Just like those rock formations on Mars, people tend to see what they want to see.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 08:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Regenstorm

Ah, Freud.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join