It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Have You Ever Seen A Bald Eagle?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 12:37 AM
link   
Awesome pics, Cluck. I'm originally from Pennsylvania and have seen quite a few over the years. They are truly glorious animals.

Hubby and I were married in Montana on Crow tribal land high above Bighorn Canyon on a cliff called Pretty Eagle Point overlooking the Bighorn River. A bald eagle came in from across the canyon and circled us overhead for about 5 minutes during the ceremony. Such a wonderful gift for us on that day!

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 02:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by ETeeTime
Cluckerspud,

When I saw your thread my jaw just about hit the floor due to the synchronicity of it all...I had never had the priviledge of seeing a Bald Eagle in the wild...until this weekend. I was walking up my driveway (I live on the PA/Ohio border) on Sunday afternoon and noticed a large bird in the tree in my back yard near my deck...as I got closer, figuring it was a vulture, I was stunned to see that it was a Bald Eagle! Of course I did not have my new expensive Nikon D90 camera with me, so I figured the chance of a lifetime was about to fly away...I ran to the house - towards the bird, to grab my camera from inside. I came back out expecting disappointment, but lo and behold, he decided to pose for me with the setting sun behind me making it a perfect backdrop. It made the price of the camera worth it in one afternoon. He stayed for 20 minutes and I was able to walk right up to the tree (he was sitting about 20 feet up). I snapped over 100 photos tto ensure that I got that one good one - and hoped he would fly overhead. Well, he decided to launch himself directly towards me and I snapped away, all the while expecting talons in my head at some point. He passed by to my left about 25 feet away - as they say, a picture's worth a thousand words:

OMG....those brought tears to my eyes. Now THAT is what I am talking about when I say I have been after THE shot of an eagle. Those are perhaps some of the best I have ever seen. (I have a nikon D40) Absolutely amazing. I hope you are having those blown up and professionaly framed. You could most definately sell or win some contests with those. Must have been an incredible experience. Thank you for sharing!!

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 06:54 AM
link   
We have 2 that hang out here in Tahoe on a daily basis. We live on the harbor onto the Lake. The harbor freezes, the Lake does not. We get the eagle and the coyotes walking on the by pretty much everyday. There's a large group of birds that hang out just into the water past the ice...
Coyotes try and sneak up on them..They swin away from show.Duh!

Eagles come by? It's like they're going "Hmmmmm ,let's see,fish or fowl today?'

SWOOOOP!!! Grabs a fish or bird and off they go.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 07:13 AM
link   
I live in Windsor, Ontario (Canada) and I saw a couple last summer! I couldn't believe my f%$#ing eyes!!!
I thought they were endangered in the states, so imagine the shock value when I saw them here!
I was on peelee, the southernmost point in canada. These things are HUGE! I felt like food o.o
They recently did an article about them being on Peche Island. Link provided if anyone is interested.

www.windsorstar.com...
edit on 3-3-2011 by jonibelle because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 07:20 AM
link   
I see them from time to time here in Daytona. They seem to like the landfill.
Once, as my work partner and I drove over the Seabreeze Bridge towards the ocean, a bald eagle paced us for the top 1/3 of the bridge. He/she was no more than 15 feet away right out the driver's window, just coasting along at the same speed as us. It was most awesome. Unfortunately, we had to follow the bridge back down as the eagle maintained altitude.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 07:57 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 08:01 AM
link   
reply to post by cluckerspud

My family has a cabin along ther Deleware river in Eastern Pa. There has been a pair on one of the islands for a few years now. Beautiful to see. Nice pics! Have a pair of egrets also which is rare for the river.
The delaware has a lot of wildlife. I have seen otters,even beavers, multiple varieties of ducks. and herons,turkey,deer,bear.
I recomemned to anyone to take a canoe trip down the river throught the water gap area.
There are plenty of camp resorts and lodgings,state park in the Pocono area.
edit on 3-3-2011 by mugger because: add

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 08:42 AM
link   
ahhh the bald eagle...the closest thing to a serpent TPTB could use for liberty & justice for all...haha do some research on mr. bald eagle...before you bathe in its beauty

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 08:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by DivineVirtue
ahhh the bald eagle...the closest thing to a serpent TPTB could use for liberty & justice for all...haha do some research on mr. bald eagle...before you bathe in its beauty

Please explain your comment.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 09:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by DivineVirtue

You sir are a the hole on the backside.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 09:13 AM
link   
Considering that it's pretty common for eagles to swoop in and steal the kill from smaller birds, I think that makes it pretty appropriate as the symbol of the US.

That makes them no less beautiful to look at, though.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 03:15 PM
link   
reply to post by ReRun

I am Chiricahua Apache, and have had the honor of having had several eagle feathers gifted to me in respect over my lifetime.

I am well aware of the laws, as were Diana's keepers.

As far as asking permission to own what is given to me in honor....well, I don't acknowledge anyone having a right to dictate that to me.

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 05:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by apacheman
reply to post by ReRun

I am Chiricahua Apache, and have had the honor of having had several eagle feathers gifted to me in respect over my lifetime.

I am well aware of the laws, as were Diana's keepers.

As far as asking permission to own what is given to me in honor....well, I don't acknowledge anyone having a right to dictate that to me.

Wonderful words and quite a treasure you have.

Lots of great posts and stories here. Thanks.

Glad to see that witnessing such beauty has such positive effects.

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 05:48 PM
link   
HI all. i see about 10 to 15 a day out here in British Columbia, to be honest they are so commen i don't give them a second look anymore

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 06:00 PM
link   
Yesterday, while catching the ferry from Vancouver to Victoria, I saw easily two dozen of them, mostly sitting in tall trees on islands in the Strait of Juan de Fuca.

Oh, sorry, I guess we're supposed to call it the Salish Sea now...

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 10:36 PM
link   
You were in my neck of the woods then. I see those people all the time going past my house.

It can be quite fun to do that actually. I am usually the one that shows when we have to yank someone out of the water...break out the FD boat and search!

Love seeing the Bald Eagles around here all the time. No matter how many times I see them, I am always amazed.

Originally posted by BadBoYeed
I too was in eastern PA (northeast) tubeing down the delaware river, and saw a huge eagle swoop down and catch a fish only about 15 feet away from me.....it was truly amazing.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 01:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Acid_Burn2009

i almost died just south of skinner falls 2 years ago...a freak "vortex of evil" type edy, and i got stuck in it...couldn't go in any direction, and couldn't touch the bottom. the wind was blowing upstream, so my friends were stationary...and oblivious to my plight.....my arms and chest cramped up, then both my legs.....luckily before panicing, i just dead man floated till my buddy joe came along....phew

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join