It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bradley Manning Faces New Charges

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 04:30 PM
link   
Bradley Manning , the Army Intelligence Analyst who allegedly leaked thousands of classified cables to Wikileaks , faces 22 new charges as of today .

The most serious of the charges is "aiding the enemy" , which could warrant the death penalty . Prosecutors are recommending a sentence of life in prison , on that charge alone , but the judge could impose the death penalty instead .

He also faces charges of fraud .

And we all know that the USG and military has never been guilty of fraud or aiding the enemy .

Funny thing is , they have made no direct link between Manning and Wikileaks , nor does any of the charges mention Wikileaks .

Seeing how Wikileaks is the source of the leaks making it to the internet and other media , and Manning can't be linked to Wikileaks , what kind of case do they have ?

www.msnbc.msn.com...
edit on 2-3-2011 by ReRun because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 06:34 PM
link   
reply to post by ReRun

Has the Pentagon taken leave of its collective senses? I predict that this will be a favorite with stand-up comics for a long time.

I haven't read the Uniform Code of Military Justice for quite a few years, but as I recall "aiding the enemy" requires the existance of... wait for it!... an "enemy"! We don't have one at the moment. Haven't had one since the end of WWII.

In contrast to what the military and political crisis mongers would have you believe, and in spite of Executive Branch declarations labeling every program no matter how trivial a "war" on something, the Congress has not formally declared the country to be in a state of war. They are the only body constitutionally authorized to do so.

No congressional declaration: No war.
No war: No enemy (in a strictly legalistic sense)
No enemy: No one for Manning to have aided, thus no charge of "aiding the enemy".

Bradley Manning: WINNING!!

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 08:06 PM
link   
I don't know what to think about it.

But the guys at the top are up in arms about it. You woulda thought the soviets are still around.

Err...

join