It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Book of Enoch on Extraterrestrials

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 10:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vicarious10000
reply to post by Gorman91

The individual never exists it is all illusion. What will be is and what is will be. We are all one with god. And to be one with god. Means that god is as much us as we are him. God is the beginning and the end. Everything exists because it is nothing. And nothing exists because it is something.

I see a killer. You see a saviour. We both see the same thing. For whoever it is. Is both. One mind!

Please Vicarious & Gorman this OP is a very good one about the Book of Enoch and your debate is getting kind of distracting. No offense, but maybe y'all could start another thread for your discussion? Peace.
edit on 3-3-2011 by The GUT because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 12:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheSparrowSings
Its too bad the Biblical scripture became so contaminated over time (re-written, re-interpreted) and all the important books seemed to have been left out. have been limited had we been told the truth. I am not religious buy in what is being said but it is difficult to interpret something correctly when only given small bits of the en1 by TheSparrowSings because: (no reason given)

From all that I've read, the bible, the book of Enoch, other commentaries, and what I thought is a good seminar on the Nephilim by Chuck Missler, what the Watchers did when they took the daughters of men and had children with them is where mythology came from. Those children that were giants, the people of those times became so caught up believing that these were gods.

Here's Chuck Misslers seminars on the Nephilim. They are all a good series to watch.

raqYcfEmKNo&feature=related

This is the one that he really starts to get into his talk on the Nephilim

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 12:43 AM
link   

Your not capable of comprehending it so I'm done. Your right! Because you will never see that it is wrong!
edit on 4-3-2011 by Vicarious10000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 12:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Skyfloating

I have read the Book of Enoch, but I have not seen where any reference was made

"The Gods" were not pleased

I did read that God was not pleased with what those angels did, God told Enoch to tell the Watchers of Heaven that they will never find peace and remission of sin.

Anyway, the rest of the thread is very good, and I will flag it. It's nice to see something like this subject on here. I hope it will give many a better perspective and a better understanding of what UFO's and extraterrestrials really are.

I also would like to share some videos on the topic.

edit on 4-3-2011 by hawaii50th because: (no reason given)

edit on 4-3-2011 by hawaii50th because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 12:53 AM
link   
reply to post by nithaiah

I believe God didn't want us to possess the knowledge of good and evil because He knew the powerful influence that Satan would have on us. He wanted us to have everything that we could've imagined and have it without having a need for it.

Now that sin came into the world, we must constantly struggle to make decisions about what is good and what is evil. Those who choose good, will be rewarded. Those who choose evil, will be damned.

I bought the Book of Enoch about 14 years ago and read a pretty good bit of it. I can see why the early church, but don't agree with the decision, didn't want this Book a part of the Holy Bible. It would've been contrary to their control they wished to put on people. The early church wanted people to believe in an invisible God they couldn't see. The Book of Enoch shows that God and His Angels, Lucifer and the Fallen Angels to be in fact physical beings with supernatural powers.

Although God is a Spirit, He is also a physical being with abilities we can't even imagine. He just wanted what was good for us and Satan deceived us into thinking that God was trying to keep something from us. It was all about obedience. Nothing more.

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 01:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by The GUT
Or by Angels.
Can't dig, but can read.

Angels would need spaceships... wings don't work in a vacuum.

If they didn't need wings to fly... they wouldn't have wings

edit on 4-3-2011 by zorgon because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 01:03 AM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

Why wouldn't they ?

No such thing as a vacuum...anyways.

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 01:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon

Or by Angels.
Can't dig, but can read.

Shush Zorgon...the penguins and the dodo birds might hear ya.

And silly you, angels don't have wings--they're like space critters, only more intelligent.

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 01:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Intelearthling

You do realise that satan is god right? In creating something it becomes apart of you whether you like it or not. If god is the beginning and the end. Then he has to be everything. And that includes satan. Sad but true.

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 01:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Vicarious10000

You say this abruptly and seemingly out of no where once something that contradicts your own claims is presented. I asked for proof, you run away, begging to question if you ever had it. If you do not wish to defend your claims, one must beg to question why you made them. If you wish to conclude such a discussion, toodles.
edit on 4-3-2011 by Gorman91 because: (no reason given)

Oh and PS. if you really are me, than why are you running away from myself? I enjoy chats with myself in my own mind. Clearly your mind is different. But wait. Wouldn't that make us individuals? When we are one, will you argue with I as I and I as we? Wait, what?
edit on 4-3-2011 by Gorman91 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 01:14 AM
link   

And silly you, angels don't have wings--they're like space critters, only more intelligent.

Well I know that but didn't want to confuse the issue

So did anyone find the reference to his space trip yet or do I gotz to do it?

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 01:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Skyfloating

Originally posted by _BoneZ_

Ditto. Enoch was taken by "angels" into space, shown the rotation of the earth, the orbit of the earth around the sun, the moon, the seasons, how many months in a year, how many days in a year, etc. It's a great read for those that seek to further their bible studies.

I remember reading these parts a long time ago. I was looking for them to quote them here but havent found them yet. If ANYONE finds them, please post Enochs descriptions of "up there" in this thread.

Would this be it? Maybe a part of it anyway.
When I read this part and the rest of it, it was like reading about him (Enoch) traveling through space stopping at all the different planets and gas clouds, nebulae, and so forth and what angel was in charge of that part or that planet as he was shown all by the angel that was taking him. I think Enoch had a literal tour of space. It made me realize how the humans of earth and the things that the watchers taught them and how mythology came to be, but really not all of it is mythology, it is real. They are lesser gods with a small g.
I can understand why the church left out these books from the bible, for one it must of just blew their minds and they must of thought, we can't let this out to the people, it would be to much for them to comprehend and they must of also thought, this would take away their power and or create too many off shoot religions or maybe they thought all of the above and more.
I find the Book of Enoch just awesome.

Chapter 14

8A vision thus appeared to me. 9Behold, in that vision clouds and a mist invited me; agitated stars and flashes of lightning impelled and pressed me forwards, while winds in the vision assisted my flight, accelerating my progress. 10They elevated me aloft to heaven. I proceeded, until I arrived at a wall built with stones of crystal. A vibrating flame (20) surrounded it, which began to strike me with terror. (20) Vibrating flame. Literally, "a tongue of fire" 11Into this vibrating flame I entered; 12And drew nigh to a spacious habitation built also with stones of crystal. Its walls too, as well as pavement, were formed with stones of crystal, and crystal likewise was the ground. Its roof had the appearance of agitated stars and flashes of lightning; and among them were cherubim of fire in a stormy sky. (21) A flame burned around its walls; and its portal blazed with fire. When I entered into this dwelling, it was hot as fire and cold as ice. No trace of delight or of life was there. Terror overwhelmed me, and a fearful shaking seized me.

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 01:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon

Or by Angels.
Can't dig, but can read.

edit on 4-3-2011 by zorgon because: (no reason given)

What they are made of and how they travel is beyond our comprehension for now.

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 01:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Vicarious10000
reply to post by Intelearthling

You do realise that satan is god right? In creating something it becomes apart of you whether you like it or not. If god is the beginning and the end. Then he has to be everything. And that includes satan. Sad but true.

No Satan is not a god, he is a created being that was created by God. Angels have powers that we don't, that is why there is no forgiveness for the angels that fell from grace.

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 01:25 AM
link   

You've already been proven wrong. Not by me. But many others that have come and gone on this site.

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 01:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Vicarious10000

Yes. On many subjects I do not know all about. Indeed I cannot claim to know everything here either. But what I do know of I speak of. And that, you have not yet shown to be wrong.

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 01:53 AM
link   
So i though this was really interesting reading over this.

("Then the Lord said: "My spirit shall not remain in man forever, since he is but flesh. His days shall comprise one hundred and twenty years.")

There is a theory of aging that is called the cellular-clock theory. Cellular-clock theory states that every time your cells divide the tip of a chromosome gets smaller and smaller. Thus the end eventually gets small enough, and the cell finally cannot divide anymore. The average (normal human cell without mutation) can only divide around 80 times. The estimate of our life span; by science, is 120 years. That is one hundred and twenty years, the physical maximum of a normal human life. WOW! really interesting. If you look at the chromosomes you can almost feel that that was a limit put there by someone. If you were able to engineer an human without this cellular clock, it would end the disease of aging for ever. Science has verified this, and now a text from 1000s of years ago reinforcing it.

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 02:06 AM
link   
Not that I totally agree with either Sitchin or Monsignor Corrado Balducci, but these two are somewhat indicative of our differing lines of thought on this subject coming to an amazing convergence in these days.

And that's pretty amazing when you think about it. Does that mean that we are on the literal verge of solving our greatest mystery? I think it does.

As the last line in the following excerpts of an exchange between Zechariah Sitchin and Father Balducci suggests, "it seems to me that we are ascending the same stairway to heaven, though from different steps."

...As Balducci made clear, "Angels" are beings who are purely spiritual, devoid of bodies, while humans are made up of spirit and matter, but the spiritual part would be at "at a low level". Balducci then made the following provocative statement:

It is entirely credible that in the enormous distance between Angels and humans, there could be found some middle stage, that is beings with a body like ours but more elevated spiritually...

...when I personally interviewed Sitchin in Washington DC in 1995, his point-blank answer to the question of the genesis of the Anunnaki on their planet was "evolution."..

...Yet, with the writing of his last book in the Earth Chronicles series, Sitchin’s thinking had slowly evolved from this idea that the Anunnaki were products of evolution on their planet.

As he later began to explain it, the Anunnaki were "emissaries" of God. By the time he met Monsignor Balducci earlier this year, Sitchin had long made room for the possibility that the Anunnaki were carrying out "the Almighty God’s wishes and plans," and did not merely "come here for selfish reasons and to fashion us because they needed workers."

We must wonder what has caused Sitchin’s change of heart.

As Balducci has argued, "If such extraterrestrials were so involved, even by your own interpretation they had to do with Man’s physics, body and rationality; but God alone had to do with the Soul!"

Sitchin’s second book, which deals with "Man’s aspiration to ascend the heavens," is titled The Stairway to Heaven. Sitchin ended his conversation with Msgr. Balducci by saying, "it seems to me that we are ascending the same stairway to heaven, though from different steps."
www.bibliotecapleyades.net...

Balducci defines his theory of "extraterrestrials."

I think the following OP from SkyFloating adds to this discussion as well:

Alien Abductions: An Astral Phenomenon?

edit on 4-3-2011 by The GUT because: Formatting

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 02:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by twoandthree
Rewards for Breaking the Rules:
Breaking the rules when there's a specific cause behind it is nearly always rewarded. On the grand scale, that's how tyrannies are toppled and how the greatest, most significant innovations come into being (from the wheel to the light bulb). On a much smaller scale, breaking proscribed rules in situations where you're standing up for someone else or yourself is rewarded with dignity, justice, and hopefully, change from the victimizer. Without breaking the rules with a strong motivation, there would never be any advancement, challenge, or growth here in our world.

That is the sense in which this ancient story mirrors basic conflicts in political focus we still experience today. The rebellious children who wish to do different than their wise parents prescribed. Or, seen from the other perspective, the liberating children who wish to do different than their blind parents prescribed.

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 03:12 AM
link   
No offense but I think I`ll pass on watching 17 videos now. I love succint information...summaries.

edit on 4-3-2011 by Skyfloating because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

active topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join