It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Book of Enoch on Extraterrestrials

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 03:49 PM
link   
reply to post by krypking

cheers for the pdf book link krypking. will spend some time reading the passages - most intriguing.

one of the more interesting [or alarming] areas from a astronomical viewpoint was this (from Chapter 80);

2 And in the days of the sinners the years shall be shortened,
And their seed shall be tardy on their lands and fields,
And all things on the earth shall alter,
And shall not appear in their time:
And the rain shall be kept back
And the heaven shall withhold (it).
3 And in those times the fruits of the earth shall be backward,
And shall not grow in their time,
And the fruits of the trees shall be withheld in their time.
4 And the moon shall alter her order,
And not appear at her time.
5And in those days the sun shall be seen and he shall journey in the evening on the extremity of the great
chariot in the west
And shall shine more brightly than accords with the order of light.
6 And many chiefs of the stars shall transgress
And not appear at the seasons prescribed to them.
7 And the whole order of the stars shall be concealed from the sinners,
And the thoughts of those on the earth shall err concerning them,
And they shall be altered from all their ways,
Yea, they shall err and take them to be gods.
8 And evil shall be multiplied upon them,
And punishment shall come upon them So as to destroy all.

A planetary tilt would indeed give rise to many, if not all, of these observations.
edit on 3-3-2011 by digitalf because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 04:03 PM
link   
reply to post by StaceyWilson

You don't have to look far for evidence of precious metal teachings, Chapter 8;

1 And Azazel taught men to make swords, and knives, and shields, and breastplates, and made known to
them the metals of the earth and the art of working them, and bracelets, and ornaments, and the use of
antimony, and the beautifying of the eyelids, and all kinds of costly stones, and all
2 colouring tinctures. And there arose much godlessness, and they committed fornication, and they
3 were led astray, and became corrupt in all their ways. Semjaza taught enchantments, and root−cuttings,
'Armaros the resolving of enchantments, Baraqijal (taught) astrology, Kokabel the constellations, Ezeqeel the
knowledge of the clouds, Araqiel the signs of the earth, Shamsiel the signs of the sun, and Sariel the course of
the moon. And as men perished, they cried, and their cry went up to heaven.

Source : www.hermetics.org...

edit on 3-3-2011 by digitalf because: for source link

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 04:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Skyfloating

I find some of the verbiage raises more questions and I think in light of Human progress and tech. advancement we might put a different spin on some of the themes.

Old: Some Watchers who were only to watch, decided Earth chick are hot and bred a race of giants.

New: Perhaps the watchers who were for spreading knowledge didn't actually do the nasty. I would wager they abducted Human females and began to experiment with our genome. I would imagine to foster their expansion of our mental prowess. These gene modified humans were placed in their own communities.

However something went wrong. Those not bound to inaction lost control or lost a conflict with those who were against interference. In the course of the conflict the experiments were set free but not before they were turned into weapons of spite. Those who one the conflict sweep the planet clean in a flood/wave? You might think it was water but I think some kind of pathogen sweep the planet, looking for the genetic marker that they had been meddled with.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 04:13 PM
link   
amazing thread.amazing S&F

it is also very well known that many ancient arabic nations had have ET contact, almost all religious books have similar content..Muslims also have ET & UFO lore...here a video of UFO in Pakistan

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 04:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Intelearthling

I believe you have it all wrong. The 'Serpent' didn't give us knowledge. The 'Serpent' tempted Eve to disobey a direct commandment of God, her Creator. Adam and Eve only knew good before the 'Fall'. The were innocent and free from the blemish of sin. Once they of the fruit, they knew within their hearts they'd broken a cammandment and therefore tried to hide from God. If anything, Satan had made sex 'bad' and a shameful thing, which was beautiful before they sinned.

Actually, the serpent gave Adam and Eve the knowledge that they were naked; yes, they were ashamed, and possibly because they knew they sinned. But the text does say they became aware of the fact that they were naked. Also, I am one to argue that sex is still beautiful, and not shameful. I believe it is the Church that has made it shameful.

In the reality of life itself, are there any instances where rewards are given for breaking the rules?

Really? You cannot think of a man-made rule that has been broken, yet turned out to be very rewarding? Peruse discriminatory laws in the U.S. against African American's during the 1960s. Rosa Parks immediately comes to mind.

It's "The Lord is my Shepherd, I shall not want..."

I may be mistaken but you're misreading this. It means that everything that we need shall be provided for our comfort. We shall not have a feeling of wanting something. Lucifer WANTED a part of Heaven and see where that got him.

I believe Zorgon meant to type "thou shall not want," which is the KJV translation. Totally legit, and semantically can be taken as an order.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 04:28 PM
link   

www.sacred-texts.com...
edit on 3-3-2011 by ElliotNoir because: link

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 04:55 PM
link   

Both halves of the book of Enoch were written after their equivalents of the new and old testaments. They were written centuries apart and both after the original scriptures. It is very obviously flawed and likely the results of wise men whom wanted to leach off established beliefs. Or, an alien whom just used beliefs already present to make a scientific statement.

reply to post by BadBoYeed

See above. The book has nothing to do with people's rights.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 05:02 PM
link   
Book of Enoch:
A few years ago, I did some studies on the Book of Enoch. I found it fair that some conservative Christian theologians (ones who actually specialized in historical textual analysis, not the ones who only pontificate) pointed out that the Enoch in the Book of Enoch is a different Enoch than the predecessor to Noah named in Genesis. Also, most of these theologians date the Book of Enoch to 300 B.C. Within the context of everything I was looking at, this seemed to be a legitimate claim.

Other theologians (in name only) claimed the Book of Enoch was written 100 A.D. because there are very uncomfortable elements within the Book of Enoch that might indicate that Jesus the Nazarene wasn't presenting all fresh ideas at the time. Indeed, there is much within the Book of Enoch to be uncomfortable about reading.

Sexual Fallen Angels:
If we are to take the Nephilim seriously (Gen. 6:2 and on) and how Moses' first book describes the Nephilim marrying and breeding with humans, which resulted in a polluted genetic race which brought about the flood, then we have to give the sexualized angel concept its due consideration.

As a side note, the late Dr. Ray C. Stedman spoke a great deal on this subject. The Stedman.org website has suddenly been redesigned and those MP3s have disappeared. I can only see very copacetic topics available now, which is certainly not the Stedman way.

Rewards for Breaking the Rules:
Breaking the rules when there's a specific cause behind it is nearly always rewarded. On the grand scale, that's how tyrannies are toppled and how the greatest, most significant innovations come into being (from the wheel to the light bulb). On a much smaller scale, breaking proscribed rules in situations where you're standing up for someone else or yourself is rewarded with dignity, justice, and hopefully, change from the victimizer. Without breaking the rules with a strong motivation, there would never be any advancement, challenge, or growth here in our world.

John Allegro's Sacred Mushrooms:
Until today, I had never heard of Allegro's assertion (I watched a TV clip of him online just now). While, I instantly want to dismiss him as trying to sell his book with some shock value... it is intriguing that he had access to the Dead Sea Scrolls in that way. Even if the shroom message is a farce, there are probably a few golden nuggets to mine out of his body of work. I'm eager to also check out the Book of Giants and such...

Thanks for yet another interesting thread!

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 05:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Komodo
Personally, I do not believe that Demons/Satan are 'the sons of god', here's why...

Here's some ext. text I found to start with.. which have some very good points IMO..

Fair enough. I understand your interpretation of events. Just so you know, I dont view those "Watchers" as "Angels" in the celestial sense anyway, but as physical/humanoid to begin with. I would say there are real angels as in higher-dimensional entities in addition to those physical/embodied beings. My reasoning comes from Hindu and Buddhist scripture by which beings appear in different densities from etheric spirit down to coarse matter.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 07:13 PM
link   
These "Beings" must be fascinating creatures.

When you read these things it is almost impossible to wrap your mind around.

This is why I love ATS...What a great thread !

edit on 3-3-2011 by whyamIhere because: public schools

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 07:26 PM
link   
IMHO there is plenty of evidence in the world that says that we aren't alone. Never were and never will be. I honestly don't know how it can still be unapparent to some. But I guess it's because people only see what they want to see.
edit on 3-3-2011 by Vicarious10000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 07:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gorman91

Both halves of the book of Enoch were written after their equivalents of the new and old testaments. They were written centuries apart and both after the original scriptures. It is very obviously flawed and likely the results of wise men whom wanted to leach off established beliefs. Or, an alien whom just used beliefs already present to make a scientific statement.

reply to post by BadBoYeed

See above. The book has nothing to do with people's rights.

The bible is pretty flawed also. It's been rewritten and had things added and removed so much there is no way it's the same book as it was when it was first written. Also the new testament is pretty new also considering how old the book actually is. So...what's your point?

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 07:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Vicarious10000

I think you're wrong actually. One half was created for ancient Israel, and then the other half some time after Jesus, compiled in the 4 centuries or so after.

In fact through all the rewritings, nothing much has changed. I'd be open to hear what you think has changed that makes the religions around it fundamentally different. Thus far it has remained overall the same.

Enoch, on the other hand, was written afterwards, and is more like John Smith's verbal diarrhea than anything else. Ah the time tested strategy of stealing everyone else's idea, stamping your name on it, and pretending nothing is wrong. Mohammad, John Smith, believe it or not but even Zoroastrianism to some degree. Did you ever hear of the indo-European pantheon?
edit on 3-3-2011 by Gorman91 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 08:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Gorman91

Well when you actually read the bible. Not own it and put it on the shelf and forget about. But actually read it you get the sense that God is not god.

Any thing or Any one who can create with mere thought an entire universe. Would not be like the god in the bible especially after saying I'am all loving and all forgiving.

The bible is actually stories from all over the world compiled into one book. To do away with the multiple gods of the world. The hypocrisy in this is that the god in the bible are multiple gods. Ever wondered why god seems to have a multiple personality complex? Or bi polar in some regards.

It is because mankind has been tricked since day one by beings who did create mankind. Ok I created you now worship me I'am god.

Sorry but when the bible IS right it is when it refers to universal consciousness. Other then that it's all abunch of mythological stories made to make you drop your original dogma.

Ever wondered why christianity survived the way it did or spread the way it did? It wasnt b/c people said oh wow this is the word of god. I can feel the holy divine within me lets all follow this. It's because if you didnt want to follow it you were tortured or killed.

Threatened by idiots proclaiming that your gonna burn in eternal damnation. And no one else had the intelligence to ask these OTHER idiots how they knew! The ones that did were slaughtered or tortured or exiled.

So ignorance breeds ignorance. It's like if I had a book of the afterlife and all that. I was away on some errands living in a land that hasnt been explored yet. Like in the old days my culture would probably be destroyed because. IT'S THE DEVIL. Anything that makes christianity look like cave man drawings is considered to be THE DEVIL.

I myself do not want to correlate with that type of ignorance. When your proven wrong accept it and move on. Don't slaughter and torture people over it.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 08:40 PM
link   

I've read most of it, scattered throughout, and the rest I've heard in church. Seems like a simple guy to me.

Your view of what God should be is based off a human viewpoint, from a human standpoint, and a human desire. A planet on a desert with harsh conditions would say differently. A planet with seas of gold and fresh water without any problems would say differently. They are all of them subjective. And therefore irrelevant. God can be whatever he wants to be. The fact that God is the way he is is irrelevant to what humans view things as.

In addition, you just said those words and didn't die. That's pretty forgiving.

If there were multiple gods, then one would inevitably be better than the rest and take over. There is only one perfection. The need for multiples implies imperfection. Imperfection implies it is not God.

Even so, this is why Christianity has the trinity. And yes, God talks to himself because of that. God walks amongst men despite not being in man's physical appearance. God talks, despite not having organs to do so. God does many things that God should not be doing if he is God.

The closest analogy would be the Japanese samurai masks. You wore one to evoke an outward force or emotion over the inward feelings. A kind man put on an angry mask to let anger, or its spirit, use its body to destroy his enemies. In the same way, God has different formations for different purposes. As a God outside of time, you cannot simply be in the universe. He must be a different person, relative to the condition at hand. Jesus. The connection to that being is so strong it itself is a thing, the Holy Spirit.

The alien and or intervention theory is flawed. Because no alien with that much power would bother to create weak humans. once again, worship is a human-only aspect, and you have no way of knowing if that's the reason for being created. God did not create you because he needs something. he created you because he wants to share something. The same reason people have children. Not because they need them. Well maybe some do, but that's wrong. People have children because they can share with them the human experience. To care and to be a parent.

the bible never refers to universal consciousness. Consciousness as a theory never exists in the Bible. People have bodies, and they have souls. The bodies die, their souls sleep. Their souls grow from their bodies on the last day into new bodies. They old ones are no more. There is no universal anything. Those willing to use their free will to be like God get rewarded. Those who do not get what the universe is headed to: death.

Uh, no. Christianity spread because it was new and everyone's a hipster. Greece and Rome was becoming atheistic as they lost interest in their indo-European pantheon and noticed that it was just lies given from lies from their ancestors. The Gauls were just plain savages and the liberating essence of Christianity was far better than their current ways. Those who did not change were killed in terms of the Gauls, and for that, i have no problem, for Gaulish religion was brutally disgusting, with human sacrifice, sick traditions, flawed beliefs, and just plain stupidity rampant everywhere. In fact, most religions do not begin in blood, but soon do after their founders die. The only massacres from Christianity came from the imperial church. Considering nobody actually read the bible in those days, one must beg to question their validity as Christians. The protestants finally set them right some centuries later and the history of Christianity since has been telling the fools how it is and removing fallacies based off culture, not the bible.

You claim others ignorant when you yourself are ignorant. So I fail to see how you are correct.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 08:47 PM
link   

Your view is pretty flawed. And I didn't die because I'am spreading god's true word. And that is we are all god as god is us. Eventually we will no longer be "Individuals" but one with god. And that is fate!

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 09:48 PM
link   

Incorrect. For what God creates individuals, only to steal that individuality away? While you will be with God if you are saved, you will not be one with him, and the only part of him in you is your right mind and conscious. Much like a radio tower operator, you must attune to God's signal.

After all, if we all are part of God, then conflict would not exist. But it does. So unless God's a quadrillion-polar mind, completely unable to make decisions, you'r point is null.

Also I have a thing about calling people flawed. You should at least say why. You're words are not absolute. Proof. After all, there's no proof for God to begin with.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 09:51 PM
link   
So what you are saying, is that humans were sent sitters by God and those sitters ended up molesting and kids and feeding them coc aine?

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 09:52 PM
link   

The individual never exists it is all illusion. What will be is and what is will be. We are all one with god. And to be one with god. Means that god is as much us as we are him. God is the beginning and the end. Everything exists because it is nothing. And nothing exists because it is something.

I see a killer. You see a saviour. We both see the same thing. For whoever it is. Is both. One mind!

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 10:17 PM
link   

Ah, an illusion. So God deceives now does he? Such a charmer, isn't he?

A mind has a distinct signature. A frequency. A thought process. No mind is the same. If ever you learned how to read one person's mind with a machine, you would have to start all over with another mind. Where one mind stores the color blue, another may store the color yellow. Where one mind stores how to walk, another may not even have that part of the mind, and so another part will be used.
edit on 3-3-2011 by Gorman91 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join