It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Book of Enoch on Extraterrestrials

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 01:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Amaterasu

Originally posted by zazzafrazz

Brilliant post, Sky.

I often wonder why there is so much poo-pooing of Sitchen, and yet I have seen no one offer alternate translations of the Sumerian texts...

Ther eis plenty more likely correct translations of Sumerian text, one just has to look

Would you have links?

I haven't found a comprehensive translation of the Enki Tablets. Would appreciate it if you could find one!

Maybe these will help.

The Meaning of the Word Nephilim: Fact vs. Fantasy

The Electronic Text Corpus of Sumerian Literature

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 01:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by troubleshooter

reply to post by troubleshooter

A reptilian...?

The Hebrew word is an adjective not a noun...
...so it describes how the being appears, that is serpentine in appearance and perhaps manner...
...so what is referred to as a 'reptilian' is closer to the meaning...
...than is the animal we call a snake.

I had a feeling this was so. It fits in well with the other stuff presented here.

Thanks for that breakdown.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 01:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by The GUT
Maybe these will help.

The Meaning of the Word Nephilim: Fact vs. Fantasy

The Electronic Text Corpus of Sumerian Literature

I thank you for that. The effort is appreciated. However... The first link is not what I am seeking, and the second link, when I type "Enki," gives me a plethora of verses that seem to be in no particular order and when I click on them, I merely get transliterations. Not speaking Sumerian, that does not help.

I am seeking the whole script of the Enki Tablets. (When I put in "Enki Tablets," I got back zero search results.) So I am still trying to find a solid translation of just the Enki Tablets - other than video on youtube (which is likely Sitchen's translation).

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 02:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by _BoneZ_

Hope this is what you're looking for.

Yes, that was what I was looking for. Thanks!!! Some pretty detailed star-maps considering the time they were written.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 02:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by zazzafrazz

As for the giants....we have remains going back millions of years of ago or fauna and skeletal remains, where is this giant?

Enoch (or whoever the author of this book was) says that "The Gods" wanted to have every trace of the Giants wiped off the face of earth.

Not only that but I suppose they'd prefer for threads like this not to be written so that the memory of it all is gone forever too. Yet humans are curious...

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 02:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Khaaaaaan!!
In other versions, the watchers are psychic entities.

Its sometimes difficult to discern what are non-physical and what are physical entities in ancient scripture.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 03:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Skyfloating

Originally posted by zimishey
You cannot understand what your talking about unless you read The Sacred Mushroom and the Cross, by John Allegro who reveals how the writers hid stuff in how the used words. So for example, angels are really meaning psychedelic mushrooms and plants which when eat allow acces to other dimensions of experience---yes this can involve fairies, angels, UFOs etc etc

But if you dont understand this you get lost in literalism.

I disagree with the psychedelic interpretation of ancient religious scripture for the simple reason that hallucinogenic experiences are markedly different from and also less linear than the ones described in religions.

Have you read Allegro? I doubt it. So please before you continue making your mind up, branch out and explore out of your box.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 04:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by PuRe EnErGy

The whole Nag Hammadi Library has much more elaborate versions of many bible stories and in talks about different life-forms, different entities etc.. many of which you will only find in the bible by a fleeting reference. If the bible mentions it at all.

One day in the distant future, after retirement, I will have the time to weed out all ultra- and extraterrestrial entities from all ancient books and compile a map of species.

Thanks for the addition!

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 04:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by zimishey

Have you read Allegro? I doubt it. So please before you continue making your mind up, branch out and explore out of your box.

Ive read A LOT about psychedelics. For a time I even thought that '___' Elves might be "the Grays" and other such ideas. No need to be condenscending just because I dont share your enlightened views.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 05:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Skyfloating

Excellent thread Sky.
I haven't read the book of Enoch,so i cannot express an opinion until i do,but since i'm pretty familiar with the greek mythology i would like to point out that there was intervention.

According to myth:
In the beginning the Gods kept all the knowledge to themselves and humans didn't have even the basics for survival,so Prometheus felt sorry for them and he stole fire from Zeus and gave it to the mortals.Zeus punished him for his crime by having him bound to a rock while a great eagle ate his liver every day only to have it grow back to be eaten again the next day.(Hesiod Theogony)

Later we have many stories of the Gods having sexual affairs with humans.The children that were born were semi-gods,most popular of them Hercules.

Homer in Iliad stated that the Gods were taking sides in the Trojan war.In fact the war started by Aphrodites intervetion when she promised Paris Helen if he chose her as the most beautiful godess.

There are many stories that show that the ancient Greek Gods were very active in the life of the humans.My opinion is that earth was a giant battlefield(Titanomachy),before the existence of manking and afterwards a giant lab where genetic experiments took place(alien-human hybrids aka semigods,"monsters" with human head-animal body ie Centaurs etc).

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 05:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Phantom traveller
According to myth:
In the beginning the Gods kept all the knowledge to themselves and humans didn't have even the basics for survival,so Prometheus felt sorry for them and he stole fire from Zeus and gave it to the mortals.

This mirrors the part where the "Watchers" give humans technology and knowledge. I guess the greek version of the story is that the Watchers felt sorry for humans and shared their riches with them, whereas the other version condemns sharing the riches so that "humans find out for themselves". Interesting to see the two different viewpoints and policies there.

Later we have many stories of the Gods having sexual affairs with humans.The children that were born were semi-gods,most popular of them Hercules.

Again this is interesting as one side calls them "Monsters" and the rebellious side calls them semi-Gods. Very interesting!

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 07:27 AM
link   
I think the word was demigod. All those greek myths in college were soap operas.
edit on 3-3-2011 by frugal because: space

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 07:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Skyfloating

Originally posted by Khaaaaaan!!
In other versions, the watchers are psychic entities.

Its sometimes difficult to discern what are non-physical and what are physical entities in ancient scripture.

from Donald Tyson's Necro, page 168 (From the chapter dealing with the watchers of time.)

The great race fled the destruction of their own world..........In the primal mist of their past, their souls flew across the vast deserts of space and took up habitation in the largest and strongest creatures then living upon our world that were then compatible to our minds................. for the yithians prefer to travel time in a bodiless state and assume the body of some convenient form when they arrive at their destination...............Long ago they came forward in time to the land of babylonia and inhabited the bodies of men. who are remembered in the hebrew creation text titled Bere# as the sons of God.

and there is also this.

These matters are written in the book of Enoch the prophet, who entered one of the rays of the ziggurats and was seen no more in the times of our history, or so teach the degenerate priest who still light fires atop these monuments and make gates to make offerings to the watchers. Enoch wrote truly but did not write all that he knew, and he did not know everthing concerning the acts of the yithians among man. He veiled his words in the conventions of his faith to make them less strange, and dared not write the true name of the watchers.

There is much more to story, but the part about arriving here as a psychic entity seems clear enough.

edit on 3-3-2011 by Khaaaaaan!! because: is this too deep?

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 07:55 AM
link   

The following link (time-machined from the old Brother Blue site) breaks down and excerpts BOE verses relevant to this discussion. Check it out, I'm sure anyone with an interest will find it useful:

Relevant Excerpts from the Book of Enoch

Just found this gem there:

9. Behold, in that vision clouds and a mist invited me; agitated stars and flashes of lightning impelled and pressed me forwards, while winds in the vision assisted my flight, accelerating my progress. 10. They elevated me aloft to heaven. I proceeded, until I arrived at a wall built with stones of crystal. A vibrating flame surrounded it, which began to strike me with terror. 11. Into this vibrating flame I entered; 12. And drew nigh to a spacious habitation built also with stones of crystal. Its wells too, as well as pavement, were formed with stones of crystal, and crystal likewise was the ground. Its roof had the appearance of agitated stars and flashes of lightning; and among them were cherubim of fire in a stormy sky. A flame burned around its walls; and its portal blazed with fire. When I entered into this dwelling, it was hot as fire and cold as ice. No trace of delight or of life was there. Terror overwhelmed me, and a fearful shaking seized me.

It all sounds more modern than the way folks normally talked back then.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 08:01 AM
link   

This would seem to suggest that whatever the "Watchers" are, they seem to be more interdimensional in nature

This is my assumption for all extraterrestrials. The classic "space brothers travelling in a ship from another planet" model doesnt really ring true when examining all the modern and ancient evidence. Interdimensional beings in different densities of physicality.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 08:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by the seeker_713g
So much was lost during the dark ages...

Thats why they call them the dark ages. And not only was it lost, its been kept from us deliberately...probably by the same forces that are afraid of another "fall of Atlantis"...

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 08:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by lostinspace

How did a person from the hot middle east know part of the world will be frozen from this deluge?

as going to tilt from the deluge event?

I like the Richard Laurence version because it uses words that bring shocking meaning to the passage.

You seem to have discovered possible manipulation of translation in the time that has passed between the two versions. Excellent find

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 08:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by nithaiah

Actually, and not trying to derail the thread here, but zorgon had it right. He was paraphrasing a bit, but:

Genesis 3:22-23
"And the LORD God said, Behold, the man is become as one of us, to know good and evil: and now, lest he put forth his hand, and take also of the tree of life, and eat, and live for ever:
Therefore the LORD God sent him forth from the garden of Eden, to till the ground from whence he was taken."

In determining who the "good guys vs. the bad guys" are it depends which source you read. We saw earlier how Greek Mythology sees the offspring of the Gods as "heroes" whereas the book of Enoch sees them as Monsters. It depends whether you see the awareness of good and evil (duality) as something good or something not good.
What is exciting is that we are seeing an age old conflict of ideas and beliefs that is still going on today.

It is my impression that the more etheric, celestial, non-physical, interdimensional beings are the "good guys" but they are not as close and not as much buddies with humankind as the comparively "bad guy-ETs".

edit on 3-3-2011 by Skyfloating because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 09:07 AM
link   

I would like to complement you on your presentation and also mention a book you may be interested in: the title is Fallen Angels and the Origins of Evil by Elizabeth Clare Prophet. Thank you, Star & Flag

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 09:17 AM
link   

Great presentation Skyfloating. S&F

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join